What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week One

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Please don’t let it be the Broncos.

Being based up here in SE QLD, I gave it big time to the Donkey supporters when we beat them safe in the knowledge we wouldn’t likely play them again this season. Was feeling confident that would be the case till last week.

i hate karma.

Karma is only good in one instance....revenge!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hi BSE
I actually thought they looked very strong and full of running and with some left in the tank
Yeah time will tell mate I guess...just watching the Eels pathetic effort against the Roosters.....thought we were bad ....they literally handed Roosters The Minor Premiership

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah time will tell mate I guess...just watching the Eels pathetic effort against the Roosters.....thought we were bad ....they literally handed Roosters The Minor Premiership
At least Parra fans weren’t given any false hope like us poor bastards

Saintsified

Bench
Roosters win minor premiership......seriously though The Eels should be swabbed they were disgraceful ....thought our blokes were lacklustre poor Brad Arthur....as for Jarryd Hayne he should hand his money back
So sack Mary and poor Brad Arthur? Some wanted Arthur at Saints, we dodged a machine gun full of bullets with that one.

SaintPauli

Juniors
So the Rorters, whilst still many millions under the cap, manage to rort the system to claim the Minor Premiership.

If only we had a Politis on our books.

We’d probably end up with Con The Fruitier......... Couple of dayz, doesn’t matter!
Roarters minor Premierships
4 of last 6 years!

Not bad for a team that is chock full of stars and under the salary cap!

And also getting for 2019
Crichton
Hall from England
Brett Morris

Unbeleivable !

Get the lube ready we are going to f**king lang park

Yeah today I expect Brissy to beat Manly, only question is by how much.

Even though Warriors have beaten Saints twice this season, I am more impressed by Brissy, so hoping for a massive Brissy win.

Manly have zero to play, Barrett is gone and their administration is similar to ours. Unprofessional and unfocused.

slippery5

Juniors
I wonder what the Warriors, Broncos & Panthers are thinking about the possibility of playing the Dragons ???? Salivating I guess.
Lets hope we put egg on their face.

41yearsaint

Juniors
Being touted as Sams last game up here, will be big crowd, they bloody love him in Bris Vegas. Only thing that could trouble them is that big bright thing in the sky, dont play under it much.

BLM01

First Grade
I would like to congratulate Mary again on coaching his way to another cliff fall and backing it up with stats and falling from a Minor premiership chance to a likely cut throat away semi in the space of the last 8 rounds.
But congrats on your highest table finish as a coach and points scored..blowing your previous record of 8th place and 28 competition points away...Credit where credit is due.

True to form in his press conference his go to is stats and how they did not favour us and how that has been that way for weeks and of course how well we fought and defended under adversary as the positive. We were over the line 4 times and were unlucky..just need to ice them.
Oh well Mary I am sorry I forgot it was Round 1 and you need time to gel.

Another good enough performance and when all we had to do is beat a half reserve grade team in the Knights by 20 to secure a home semi..again we could not rise to the challenge.
All the other teams can do and win by how much they want to secure whatever..not us. You watch Brisbane today. Stats are an excuse to say we could of been the best...if only

What about Nathan Browne's glowing endorsement of the Dragons. He basically said he had 8 of his top squad out and had he had a few more there it was quite clear to all that they would of had the Dragons covered comfortably today....OUCH!.

If I was a journo i would ask some real questions not the crap they do.
1. Well re stats and why your team cant get good field position. What are you doing as coach and why cant your team turn the stats around.?
2. Are you using the right personnel?.
3. You indicate that you have beaten all the sides in the Top 8 and that is your positive and hope moving forward. I suggest you are wrong re the Warriors & Penrith and have not done so to any top 8 side since Round 9.
4. Why have you not promoted / relegated accordingly re form for the past 15 rounds.
5. Why have you let the players or leadership group dictate to you on when and what to do and who to play. You have a chat to a player about form (Dufty). he says it s because I am tired. Your answer to this.Oh that is OKAY..if you are a bit weary.start on the bench and plan to play him for 60 minutes. Do you feel that was a mistake?
6. You say Ben Hornby is responsible for game day edge attack and game management. What are your responsibilites and how would you rate Ben's performance out of 10.? Do you think that was too many things for Ben to handle and if it was going awry..could you not of stepped in?

I knew Mary it is not your fault re the cliff fall and that you are a really good coach under it all and just needed a few things to go your way. Its the players fault they have let you down on stats again. Not one thing you could of done about that and I know besides stats we are really the number 1 team.

Sorry Rant over.....time to go out for brekkie!. Enjoy your Fathers day all and lets hope Bris by 22 max.

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
Roarters minor Premierships
4 of last 6 years!

Not bad for a team that is chock full of stars and under the salary cap!

And also getting for 2019
Crichton
Hall from England
Brett Morris

Unbeleivable !
Not even funny anymore... seriously the NRL auditors need to buy a new abacus as the numbers don’t add up!!