What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week One

Overseas dragon

Juniors
LETS FACE IT BOYS AND GIRLS MOST OF US WOULD RATHER GET A NEW COACH. THAN WIN THE BIG DANCE AND THATS A SAD FACT WE CANNOT OVERLOOK ....

slippery5

Juniors
Ok I’ve been giving it to to the team as well, but time to get behind the boys and support them. Really hope we can regain the pride back into the Red V and play out if our skins!!
That's why I "hope'' we put egg on their face, I just doubt any of them would be less than confident of beating us if they play to their potential or what they have seen in our performances.

Red V for life

Juniors
True to form in his press conference his go to is stats and how they did not favour us and how that has been that way for weeks and of course how well we fought and defended under adversary as the positive. We were over the line 4 times and were unlucky..just need to ice them.
A win is a win and there were some signs of improvement yesterday BUT I found the presser a bit disconcerting. Mary looked genuinely happy, content...glowing even.

It was probably just relief after the horror week the team endured on and off the field, but it just didn’t sit well with me. Then again, we managed to get that one more win so i guess it is official now...we’ve had a great season...so maybe that’s what he was happy about.

Anyway, we’re back next week. Maximum of 4 games left. Hopefully the boys can fire up and recapture some old form.

giboz71

First Grade
Then again, we managed to get that one more win so i guess it is official now...we’ve had a great season...so maybe that’s what he was happy about.

I think with all the doom and gloom the past month and with all the focus getting Mary sacked, that fact has been lost somewhat.

15 wins for the year and only 1 win less than the minor premiers is a good season IMO given the pre season predictions of most.

Congrats to the boys for making the finals. We’ve been horrid the last month but we led the comp for 16 rounds so we deserve to be there, despite what guys like Tony Squires thinks.

Well done lads. Now let’s fire up for the semis.

I think with all the doom and gloom the past month and with all the focus getting Mary sacked, that fact has been lost somewhat.

15 wins for the year and only 1 win less than the minor premiers is a good season IMO given the pre season predictions of most.

Congrats to the boys for making the finals. We’ve been horrid the last month but we led the comp for 16 rounds so we deserve to be there, despite what guys like Tony Squires thinks.

Well yeah, if you look at it from a table position perspective only its not a bad year.
Just imagine, if we could have beaten the also ran clubs like we should have the JJ Giltinan would already be hanging in the foyer of the Taj.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Only one horrid month?

If only.

Wittenberg

Juniors
If JBD is out....and his acknowledging that he 'heard a crack in his foot' is not good, we will be stuffed. Yes he played on yesterday but if there is a fracture or even worse, a break in the foot, it will swell and there will be no chance of him playing next week.

Wittenberg

Juniors
While on the finals, I am not a believer in the conspiracy theories dealing with refs going against us etc, but I do believe the Roosters get preferential treatment. Mitchell should be suspended for that 'tackle' yesterday but my bet is he won't be. Commentators were quick to play it down as a lesser incident than the one that saw someone else suspended for the same type of tackle earlier this year. On the Fox review of all the games this morning it wasn't even mentioned or shown. Any other player in another jersey would be looking at a suspension (maybe not Cameron Smith). Mitchell is a tremendously talented footballer and he made Aitken and Nightingale look silly when they played us, but he has a lot of grub in him.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
While on the finals, I am not a believer in the conspiracy theories dealing with refs going against us etc, but I do believe the Roosters get preferential treatment. Mitchell should be suspended for that 'tackle' yesterday but my bet is he won't be. Commentators were quick to play it down as a lesser incident than the one that saw someone else suspended for the same type of tackle earlier this year. On the Fox review of all the games this morning it wasn't even mentioned or shown. Any other player in another jersey would be looking at a suspension (maybe not Cameron Smith). Mitchell is a tremendously talented footballer and he made Aitken and Nightingale look silly when they played us, but he has a lot of grub in him.
NOT TO FORGET PACKERS ELBOW TO LUCHIE AND NOT A WORD WAS SAID

ALSGI

Bench
Agree, deserves to front the Judiciary.
Reminds me of Hodges but much more ability.

possm

Coach
Roarters minor Premierships
4 of last 6 years!

Not bad for a team that is chock full of stars and under the salary cap!

And also getting for 2019
Crichton
Hall from England
Brett Morris

Unbeleivable !
But we have Millward who is doing a great job.

BLM01

First Grade

Agree expectations are low now but miracles happen.
Tony Squires..pfftt. Apart from him being a Dragons supporter listening to him as an expert talking about rugby league and trying to be a comic at the same time is a blight on MMM. He is the worst host of the lot and appears to know..jack

BLM01

First Grade
Agree, deserves to front the Judiciary.
Reminds me of Hodges but much more ability.
No more likely could miss enough games (1) to not be the real impact loss on bigger cut throat games as the judiciary / match review committee seem to ensure they dont rub people out for...but seen to show they are tough and acting upon selected infringements imposing penalties depending upon media outcry. Yet other times as someone mentioned before about Packer on Luc.(Packer not for the 1st time mind you)..dead silence.
Compare his run to Sam Burgess's one on Morris. But Tigers, benji and Robbie get together were the media feel good story for the miracle finals run they needed to report on and hoped continued...until JT's last couple of games.

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade
Agree expectations are low now but miracles happen.
Tony Squires..pfftt. Apart from him being a Dragons supporter listening to him as an expert talking about rugby league and trying to be a comic at the same time is a blight on MMM. He is the worst host of the lot and appears to know..jack

McGegor needs to earn his cash now. If he can get the team up and jag a win week 1, despite all the negative press the last few weeks,then anything can happen. Cows rode momentum all the way to the GF after beating the Sharks in the first week last year.

This is where a coach earns his cash, and if he can lead us to a win against the Broncos or Warriors, that will stop the calls for his head.