What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week One

Crush

Coach
Look, I think if the dragons play to their full potential, widdop and hunt fire, dufty has a cracker, the forwards rip next week against Broncos we will lose by 14. Anything less than our absolute best and we will get beat by 40.

giboz71

First Grade
Actually think the big stage of Suncorp will suit us better.. Hunt /Widdop play better on big stages... same for Sims JDB etc.. Let’s see how it unfolds

And if we’re going to go on a Cows or Sharks like run, it would come from jagging an unlikely win away from home.

No one expects us to win. Just go out there and have a go.

Let’s ambush someone else for a change.

mickeylane

Bench
The key to win is big games from Hunt, Widdop and the forwards - but seriously speaking Broncos are the dark horse to win Comp and in top form. Miracle needed!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The key to win is big games from Hunt, Widdop and the forwards - but seriously speaking Broncos are the dark horse to win Comp and in top form. Miracle needed!

Actually, Cronulla are the ‘dark horse’,

Brisbane will (sadly) flog SGI next week, then lose a low scoring match.

rednwhites

Juniors
McGregor has put a distance between fans and the team - My preference was to have a home final, then play Panthers, then play Broncos at Brisbane, however I can't help but feel the team can suck it up. They keep talking and talking "no worries, not phased bla bla bla" - go and show us you are as good as you say you are because I ain't buying it.

How soon til that old familiar rhetoric 'looking to improve next year...Mary has plans bla bla bla' starts spewing out?

Heard it all before.

Some might say I should shut up and enjoy the game but this season shows us right to very last minute that it is not going to reward our ineptness.

Belta

Juniors
It wasn’t that long ago we were beating the top teams.

I have a dream.

Although we look anything but a finals campaigner, It has been said; “Finals football is a different mongrel.” Could it be the finals atmosphere that evokes a miraculous form reversal which awakens the boys from our end of season slumber and see’s them pull off a series of all time kick ass upsets?

Go the Dragons

BLM01

First Grade
Broncos may beat us..but are too loose. They will be knocked out the following week.
Just another example of when a team has to get to a point to secure a home semi or a win..they get it done. Kudos Dragons..get what you deserve...talking themselves up "oh we will make the Top 4 as that has been our focus all year"..dont panic Dragons fans..yeh right!.
You have to beat the best against the odds at times to win the comp. Starts with Broncos this week.
What about you root for Manly just once and Brad Parker (6 drops) and that Polish backrower Gosweleski..or whatever...who did that stupid kick when all he had to do was pass.
I did note the refs hardly penalised the Broncos all day. Boy we are up against it next week.