What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINALS WEEK THREE - Manly vs Nth Qld @ SFS

Cletus

First Grade
Yeah I probably wouldn't have been happy if I was a Cowboys fan, but I thought Manly won it on their merits and the reffereeing didn't effect the outcome.
I feel a bit sorry for the Cowboys. They're missing half their fowards and Thurston is playing busted, so it's no disgrace to make it this far and lose.

osg

Juniors
Well, we punched above our weight all year with the injuries and all....... just a shame that we had to revert to our old ways (ie. missed tackles and poor marker defense) in the biggest game of the year. Very gutting to watch in a bar/club full of Cows supporters (was very subdued mood for the remainder of the night). Manly were far to disciplined and strong all over the park.

As much as it pains me to say also, but Johnathon was absolutely schooled by Orford last night........ a lesson learnt in patience and mindset under pressure.

The worst part of the whole mess that guts me the most is that we got smacked by f**king Manly. Those who hate the Storm should take note that Manly are and will always be THE most hated team in the comp. I f**king can't cop them.

If Parra upset the Storm today, i'm doing other things next Sunday, as i won't watch those two teams go around for the title.

gong_eagle

First Grade
642mbrn.jpg

I'm really gonna enjoy this week, has been a very long time

Downie

Guest Moderator
How good were Watmough's stats:

One try. Three linebreaks. Two offloads. 23 tackles. 13 hit ups. 191 metres gained.

No wonder he was second rower of the year.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Downie said:
How good were Watmough's stats:

One try. Three linebreaks. Two offloads. 23 tackles. 13 hit ups. 191 metres gained.

No wonder he was second rower of the year.

you sound surprised :lol:

Apey

Staff member
Fast Eddie said:
Thurston and Menzies both missed 11 tackles each last night which is pretty crazy.

Was wondering how many he missed :crazy:

badav

Bench
How good is monaghan.

I really think Manly are going to be an ordinary side without him next year.

badav

Bench
Big Pete said:
Could have gone either way Nial? Rubbish! Watch Origin 2 2007 and watch the penalty given to Price as Bailey pushes him over. It's illegal and Thurston should've had the penalty.

A mate of mine is a referee and reckons that wasnt penalised becaused thurston held on for longer than he had right to.

t-ba

Post Whore
oneeyedeaglesman said:
Just like we would suck without BK?
Will be missed.Great man.

Ballin is a more than capable replacement. We probably won't be as good as this year, but we'll still be up there. We'll certainly miss his grit and his long kicking. People seem to forget the damage that MB was doing to NRL sides at the start of the year from Dummy Half.

gong_eagle

First Grade
t-ba said:
Ballin is a more than capable replacement. We probably won't be as good as this year, but we'll still be up there. We'll certainly miss his grit and his long kicking. People seem to forget the damage that MB was doing to NRL sides at the start of the year from Dummy Half.

I reckon Ballins dummy half work is better than Monaghan's, it is a win win situation

Latest posts