What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals.

mxlegend99

Referee
Only Rooster i have seen give us any credit is Brett Morris. The rest seem to think we basically got lucky on the back of their mistakes.

Nevermind the fact their first try came off a stupid penalty for pushing them in goal. Easily fixed. Second try came off a penalty from a poor tackle by Kikau... They happen unfortunately. Their last try came off Brent Naden making the dumbest decision of the game. Then there's the try that came from a ridiculous comedy of errors off a kick to To'o where Roosters dove on a ball fumbled multiple times and bouncing off Cordners head

If a team was making the most of the mistakes the other team made it wasn't us. It was them. But honestly good teams will punish you for errors and penalties. We beat them with stats against us and making a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes likely due to nerves as it was the guys with little or no finals experience who seemed to make mistakes.

Jane Murray

Bench
Only Rooster i have seen give us any credit is Brett Morris. The rest seem to think we basically got lucky on the back of their mistakes.

Nevermind the fact their first try came off a stupid penalty for pushing them in goal. Easily fixed. Second try came off a penalty from a poor tackle by Kikau... They happen unfortunately. Their last try came off Brent Naden making the dumbest decision of the game. Then there's the try that came from a ridiculous comedy of errors off a kick to To'o where Roosters dove on a ball fumbled multiple times and bouncing off Cordners head

If a team was making the most of the mistakes the other team made it wasn't us. It was them. But honestly good teams will punish you for errors and penalties. We beat them with stats against us and making a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes likely due to nerves as it was the guys with little or no finals experience who seemed to make mistakes.

The Lussick try, should not have been awarded.

Not sure who they pick either. Will be hilarious if it improves them but I don't see it.

Might improve their defence, not sure if it could improve them overall. They still played pretty well against the storm when Sivo went off, though. 12 point loss isn’t too bad.

Having said all that, I forgot that the last time they played Souths they lost 38-0. :grimacing:

WestyLife

First Grade
Both those teams either lose well or win well. Neither can grind away. Being fresh and working on the few bad misses we have will get us home

That's how I see it as well. I see them having to play unorthodox to beat us. Our middles are too good and there's no drop off on the bench.

The_Frog

First Grade
It could actually help them, Sivo’s strong suit isn’t defence. But I don’t know who their backup options are.
George Jennings for Sivo. If Fergo is out, Takairangi to centre, Blake to wing. Nothing wrong with Taka but Waqa on the wing is pretty dire and the Rabbitohs will have a ball.

franklin2323

Immortal
Those changes don’t clearly disadvantage the teams. Taking away a promised home final disadvantages the Sydney teams. ANZ was always on the table for week 3, the only way it would’ve been Parra is if we played the Storm and Covid wasn’t a factor.

You can’t play the second biggest game of the year in front on only 15k fans. End of story.

According to the SMH we had the choice and the side prefers ANZ. I guess you have to trust those in the know

According to the SMH we had the choice and the side prefers ANZ. I guess you have to trust those in the know

Yeah I saw that, honestly really surprised the NRL would let the clubs choose a venue that could only accommodate 15k.

My guess is the club thought the Eels would have more of an advantage at Parra than Souths would have at ANZ.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah I saw that, honestly really surprised the NRL would let the clubs choose a venue that could only accommodate 15k.

My guess is the club thought the Eels would have more of an advantage at Parra than Souths would have at ANZ.

It happened a few years ago when Souths v Roosters was at SFS instead of ANZ. I guess they see it as a reward and as long as they set minimum guidelines all good.

ANZ is a better surface and Parra are terrible there is an added bonus

MrBlack

Juniors

We play the GF at ANZ. So its all about making it our new home ground.

vs the Dogs Cleary didnt warm the team up on the field. That was about getting accliamatised to GF conditions at ANZ

Latest posts