What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Financial Status of Club

parrachilean31

Juniors
Hello all parra fans How are we going financially at this point in time ??? Havent herd too much about that since the ne board had beeen brought in. Please advise thanks

parrachilean31

Juniors
Are financially stronger than other clubs ?? the reason i ask is everyone is saying that 9 teams in sydney is too much and that parra will have to merge.

parrachilean31

Juniors
What does that mean... standing at a dole queue ?? i just dont want to merge with penrith all the bulldogs .... please keep me informed are we in bad financial situation???

Suitman

Post Whore
What does that mean... standing at a dole queue ?? i just dont want to merge with penrith all the bulldogs .... please keep me informed are we in bad financial situation???

No.
The last person who said Parra should merge is no longer at the club.

Suity

Gees are you Dense, Suity is Referring to Denis Fitzgerald. As he was the last person to say the club needed to merge.

The Club is in a sound financial position, depending on who you listen to, we have been in a sound financial position since 1997, and even with some recent poor results, still have an asset base well in advance of most clubs, even if the creditors came a knocking after last years increase of credit which tiped the loans from non-current to current in the finacial statment.

Read the finacial statement of the Club here http://www.parraleagues.com.au/ContentFiles/ParraLeagues/Documents/AnnualReport2008_WEB2.pdf

Gronk

Staff member

Relax. It seems that Josh Massoud from that respected newspaper The Daily Telegraph got a few figures wrong in his financial assessment of the club some months ago. Technically insolvent I think were his words. I'm sure that an apology will be issued shortly.

moskingqa5.gif

Suitman

Post Whore
The Eels dire fianancial position was conveniently portrayed during the elections.
It now appears that we are in a healthy financial state after all.
Phew!!

Suity

Parra Future

Juniors
The financial status of the club is fine. There's always something to do to improve things, but I highly doubt the Eels are a team that need to merge. They would definatley be in the "Strongest Clubs" scenario. With what the new board are trying to do, I dare say that they will also get stronger once it all comes off.