What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch/Green/Smith

Who should we play, Finch of Green?

• Brett Finch

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Blake Green

Votes: 59 81.9%

• Total voters

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Blake gave more options in attack and took a lot of pressure of Tim. Finch hasn't done that this season. I think it also helps that Blake and Tim have played quite a few games together in Premier League.

Utey

Coach
If Finch is healthy I'd put him back in FG. Blake may be a liability with Penriths big second rowers and centers running at him all night.

Freak2

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
If Finch is healthy I'd put him back in FG. Blake may be a liability with Penriths big second rowers and centers running at him all night.

Cannot agree with this at all.

The best part of Blakes game on Saturday night was his first half defence. He made 23 tackles for the match including a try saving tackle in the 2nd half.

The best part of the entire game was seeing Tim Smith's reaction when Blakey set up the try in the 2nd half with his cross field kick!!

FANTASTIC!!

Out of curiosity - Many many of you folk made excuse after excuse for Tim / Finch. The best excuse was they will need time to develop combinations.

How much time did Tim / Blake take to get it right??

To see a pivot who some would suggest is the most important position on a football field debut in such a manner was nothing short of amazing. Do not under estimate how good a game of football Blakey played on Saturday!!

Sure he got the support from his peers but you still have to go out their and do it.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I know this sounds like a bit of a cop out but I am happy for whichever Hages goes for as he would see them day in and day out. Give whomever he picks a period of time (say 2-5 weeks) and if they don't perform in comes the other one.

This theory may not help cohesion in the short term but I am happy if it allows us to pick the best option in the long term. Players with pressure to perform usually play better anyway

WA Eel

Juniors
I'll go Finch. Green played well, but given how much our forwards dominated, I reackon Finch would have gone well too. Green should play a season off the bench like Cronk when Orford was still there.

Also, as the Raiders showed in the past 2 weeks, young players can go great one week then poorly the next. Playing off the bench gives Green a chance to get used to playing first grade, and it also puts pressure on Finch to perform.

emjaycee

Coach
IMO, Finch needs more time. He is trying to fit into a new club/team/position with the added pressure of having a young and erractic (confidence wise) half back inside him behind a forward pack that hasnt been going forward very well (excluding Saturday night against Wooded Spoon favs).

Yes, Blake played well however Finch was purchased not because he was on the market, but because he was on the market and filled a gap that we have. If Blake is so ready now, then why wasnt he ready for FG when John Morris signed with Tigers and why didnt he debut in round 1?

Maybe we should let Hages look after team selection and player re-signing and lets look at the issue again once we dominate a leading pack of forwards and give Smith/Finch combination some time to work out their playing style.

ParraManiac

Juniors
emjaycee said:
IMO, Finch needs more time. He is trying to fit into a new club/team/position with the added pressure of having a young and erractic (confidence wise) half back inside him behind a forward pack that hasnt been going forward very well (excluding Saturday night against Wooded Spoon favs).

Yes, Blake played well however Finch was purchased not because he was on the market, but because he was on the market and filled a gap that we have. If Blake is so ready now, then why wasnt he ready for FG when John Morris signed with Tigers and why didnt he debut in round 1?

Maybe we should let Hages look after team selection and player re-signing and lets look at the issue again once we dominate a leading pack of forwards and give Smith/Finch combination some time to work out their playing style.

nah I cant be bothered, stuff Finch lets give Blake some time :crazy:

Latest posts