What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch Inspires Roosters

Agent Mulder

Bench
FINCH INSPIRES ROOSTERS
by Stuart Hall (Reader Submitted Article)

365_brett_finch_east.jpg
It took an inspirational performance from Brett Finch for the Roosters to come from 16-0 down to beat North Queensland 40-20 in their second victory impressive against the Cowboys this year.

Finch was the shining light in the previous victory against the Cowboys where he took aim at group called 'FOFF' who are a group of idiots parading around as Roosters supporters. The 'FOFF' group were successful in campaigning Roosters management to release Finch from his contract a year earlier and his loss next year will be huge.

With Braith Anasta out injured Finch was moved into five-eighth by Coach Ricky Stuart and he showed why he's in the top five for try assists being the corner stone for the Roosters excellent second half display.

North Queensland took a 16-0 lead when the Roosters pride and passion in the jersey came out and they showed in the second half that there will be several teams hoping they can't sneak into the Finals. The Roosters are four points behind 8th position with five rounds remaining and if they win all five matches they can make the Finals. Stuart is the Coach who can get the best out of his players and Finch leading the way - anything can happen. The motivation to give Adrian Morley one last match in Roosters colours will be there as well and they are capable of still giving it a shake.

The Roosters did score just before half-time through exciting young fullback Shaun Foley.

Finch added another try assist to his tally when he produced the perfect bomb for Iosia Soliola. David Shillington crashing over saw the Roosters hit the lead and it was out to 22-16 when Craig Fitzgibbon landed two penalty goals.

Josh Lewis showed why he should be in the side ahead of Jamie Soward when he scored a brilliant individual try and Finch backed it up with an even better effort running 50m to push the home side well clear. Foley got his double as the Roosters surged further ahead.

The performance was sweet for Finch who has been messed around due to the injuries in in the side and also the absolute rubbish he has copped from the 'FOFF' group where his position at the Club became unbearable due to that group's antics.

Stuart was extremely happy with Finch and his post match comments were, "I thought he played really well, and I was happy for him to get a good win under the belt, we did a lot of work on attack all week."

Finch hasn't allowed the situation of his contract to shatter his enthusiasm. "I don't think it held me back, but it was hard to take to see your name in the paper being criticised, getting released and sacked, it was tough," he said. "I tried to turn up to training with a positive attitude, but I must say it was good to get everything out of the way and my future settled and I can really enjoy the next six weeks."

"I got a lot of quality ball, and Braith must be sitting on the sidelines not quite believing what was happening," Finch said. "For the first time this season we really started playing great footy and the forwards were going forward so strongly, when it is like that it really takes the pressure off.

"It was great to combine with Ryan, he is the best centre in the world and he can sniff a hole, we worked well together today."

Finch's confidence despite what has been done to him hasn't deterred his efforts. "I believe in myself and I believe I can play there [five-eighth] and do a good job," he said. "It was great to play alongside Josh Lewis because he is a good young kid and his kicks are getting spot on. But I am looking forward to playing alongside Tim Smith next year, he is strong and robust."

Parramatta are very lucky to have a fine player next year and Finch will be sorely missed by the Roosters. His performance in the No.6 has given incoming Eels Coach Michael Hagan plenty of options in where to use his prized recruit. The Roosters loss will be the Eels gain and without Finch the Roosters will struggle further for points as he's been the Roosters leader for try assists and in the top five across all the NRL teams.

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=26044

Yeah! Go Finchy! :D

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Who the hell is that FOFF. Is is something like "F@#k off Finch Fans". If so what a disgraceful bunch of so-called fans and why would the Roosters board listen to them as the story says. There have been players in Parra colours who I am not a fan of, for but while they play for Parra I still support them.

Oh well I really feel this will be Roosters loss and Parra's gain. I have a feeling we may see the best of Finch in Blue and Gold. He is still only 24 and as the article says has been high in try assists every year for the Roosters. He will also want to prove all his critics wrong. Go the Finch

mickdo

Coach
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Who the hell is that FOFF. Is is something like "F@#k off Finch Fans". If so what a disgraceful bunch of so-called fans and why would the Roosters board listen to them as the story says. There have been players in Parra colours who I am not a fan of, for but while they play for Parra I still support them.

Oh well I really feel this will be Roosters loss and Parra's gain. I have a feeling we may see the best of Finch in Blue and Gold. He is still only 24 and as the article says has been high in try assists every year for the Roosters. He will also want to prove all his critics wrong. Go the Finch
I think its the "F**k off Finch Fanclub"

Eelementary

Post Whore
Finch was the shining light in the previous victory against the Cowboys where he took aim at group called 'FOFF' who are a group of idiots parading around as Roosters supporters. The 'FOFF' group were successful in campaigning Roosters management to release Finch from his contract a year earlier and his loss next year will be huge.

:clap:

I totally agree.

A halves combination of Smith and Finch is looking damned good to me.

T-BONE MCGRAW said:

Im looking foreward for finch playing in blue and gold. i think its a good buy.

stuke

Bench
i like that Ricky has decided to help the Eels and Finch by selecting him at 5/8 a week after he leaves the club. prior to that he had played him at virtually every other position.

Thanks Ricky!!

Latest posts