What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch Partly to blame

Stgillaman said:
Some Idiot Dogs supporter threw a Bottle towards the Players as they were awaiting a Kick off. Finch picked up the bottle and threw it back into the Dogs Kennel 100 miles an hour.

Finch may have been upset, But he made matters Much much worse. If he has hurt someone when he threw the bottle, he would have been slapped with a lovely Law suit.

I understood what Finch has done, and may have done it myself, these idiots that are in that group , are just waiting for trouble. We went with Kids, and we had to start walking 10 mins from time, The back of the Stadium as we were walking out, 10 cop cars ( Paddy wagons ) were flyingying, Cops were everywhere.

Rubbish. No football player should have to put up with projectiles on the field at any time. Dogs fans did the same thing last year at Toyota Park.
There ARE NO mitigating circumstances for the Dogs fans behavior last night.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Sheros los Deros said:
Stgillaman said:
Some Idiot Dogs supporter threw a Bottle towards the Players as they were awaiting a Kick off. Finch picked up the bottle and threw it back into the Dogs Kennel 100 miles an hour.

Finch may have been upset, But he made matters Much much worse. If he has hurt someone when he threw the bottle, he would have been slapped with a lovely Law suit.

I understood what Finch has done, and may have done it myself, these idiots that are in that group , are just waiting for trouble. We went with Kids, and we had to start walking 10 mins from time, The back of the Stadium as we were walking out, 10 cop cars ( Paddy wagons ) were flyingying, Cops were everywhere.

Rubbish. No football player should have to put up with projectiles on the field at any time. Dogs fans did the same thing last year at Toyota Park.

SLD, think before you right, has anyone said, their has been any mitigating circumstances ?

Lynchie

Juniors
As much as I hate Brett Finch I have to say I dont have a problem with what he did by throwing the bottle back into the crowd.
They were the morons who were throwing bottles onto the ground and if any injury resulted out of it they could blame themselves and give themselves an uppercut for their behaviour.

melon....

Coach
Stgillaman said:
Chook said:
Sorry Southern, but on this we must disagree.

The bottle should not have been there in the first place. And even had Finch ignored these pack of half humans, they would have persisted throwing more thinking they can get away with it and we'd right back here talking about their brainless antics.

I commend Finch for taking a stand with these mongerloids and showing them WE won't put up with their crap. The bulldogs club should take a leaf out of Brett's handbook.

Chook.

LOL..I know your upset, but if that's what you think, then you may nned a lesson in real life.
Ask the people who started to walk when this all started. Ask them if they felt they or their kids felt the danger.
This is football Chook, Not bahgdad
StG...we KNOW ITS FOOTBALL NOT BAGDAD....so what the f**k are missiles doing flying onto the field. Tell it to the arseholes that started this.Tell them they arent in Bagdad.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Sheros los Deros said:
Stgillaman said:
Mate, we're not saying that what Finch did was in any way shape or form an excuse for what the Dogs fans followed up with. What they did was still inexcusable and they should have the book thrown at them.
Finch still however acted irresponsibly and should be admonished for it. I do not however hold him responsible for what followed.

Chook

First Grade
Stgillaman said:
Chook said:

The bottle should not have been there in the first place. And even had Finch ignored these pack of half humans, they would have persisted throwing more thinking they can get away with it and we'd right back here talking about their brainless antics.

I commend Finch for taking a stand with these mongerloids and showing them WE won't put up with their crap. The bulldogs club should take a leaf out of Brett's handbook.

Chook.

LOL..I know your upset, but if that's what you think, then you may nned a lesson in real life.
Ask the people who started to walk when this all started. Ask them if they felt they or their kids felt the danger.
This is football Chook, Not bahgdad

And exactly how long do we have to put up with this? It's nothing new, dogs have been doing this crap for years. Oh wait, let's see what their beloved club has to say about it and whats steps they are taking to stop this from happening :roll:

And please, there wouldn't have been any kids in any danger in that area, the bulldogs eat their children.

I have had a gut full of these f**king heroes and it's about time everyone else had a gut full of them!

Chook.

Chook said:

Chook.

Yeah we will on this one chook. Except to say that you're right the bottle shouldn't have been there to start with. But also adding that 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Special K

Coach
Dogs fans have a thing for throwing bottles. Last year at Shark Park they threw a bottle at Peachey after he scored. f**k them off.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Sheros los Deros said:
Stgillaman said:

SLD, think before you right, has anyone said, their has been any mitigating circumstances ?

Stgillaman said:
Southernsaint said:
Alan Smith, the Leeds striker, has been charged by police in the UK for doing the very same thing.

There is a precedent.

Cheers,
Ben S.

There is no way Finch will get charged in this country.

If I were the Supporter he hit, He would be having a visit with me in Court.

Finch Made the situation Blow up in regards to the Chairs being thrown and More bottles.
All he had to do to overt the situation, was pick up the bottle and toss it to the side. NEVER EVER throw it like that into a crowd.
He could of hit a Little girl, who could have lost an eye.

Grow Up Finch..He will learn from it. But only if he gets picked up on it.

Was the bottle Finch threw back was a plastic drink bottle? Why should professional football players have to put up with projectiles being thrown? And you are going on about the bottle being thrown at one hundred miles an hour, girl's losing their eyes, you taking Finch to court. StGillaman, you need help for irrational thinking! Honestly. You're creating little fantasies that never even happened.

The real problem was the brawls that happened all round the stadium, kids being spat on for wearing opposition jerseys, Policemen and women getting injured, fans being viciously assaulted by red necks . These events were real, they actually took place. There is absolutely NO justification for what the Dogs fan have done.

Godz Illa

Coach
I'm with Finch in this case. I actually spoke to him later on last night at the Leagues Club and told him he had to work on his aim - he just laughed and described them as a bunch of idiots.

Stgillaman said:
Sheros los Deros said:
Stgillaman said:

Mate, you seem to be trying to suggest the Brett Finch was somehow responsible for starting the riots.

I do think before I WRITE.

Chook

First Grade
Southern Rooster said:
Chook said:

Chook.

Yeah we will on this one chook. Except to say that you're right the bottle shouldn't have been there to start with. But also adding that 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Touche.

Chook.

Parraren

Bench
What Finch did was very, very foolish. I'm not in any way saying that what he did justifies in any way shape or form the disgraceful behaviour of the idiotic minority of Bulldogs fans at the game. However, as a professional sportsman he should have exercised a bit of restraint and common sense not to make the situation with the crowd any worse by throwing the bottle back into the crowd. Players should never retaliate to taunts by the crowd. The players need to be above that sort of foolish behaviour. I can understand Finch's frustration though but he is a professional and should know better.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Parraren said:
What Finch did was very, very foolish. I'm not in any way saying that what he did justifies in any way shape or form the disgraceful behaviour of the idiotic minority of Bulldogs fans at the game. However, as a professional sportsman he should have exercised a bit of restraint and common sense not to make the situation with the crowd any worse by throwing the bottle back into the crowd. Players should never retaliate to taunts by the crowd. The players need to be above that sort of foolish behaviour. I can understand Finch's frustration though but he is a professional and should know better.
Agree 100%. Rooster fans ask yourself this; if it had been John Hopoate or Willie Mason who had thrown the bottle back into the crowd what would your reaction have been? I remember Hoppa copping it for reacting to crowd abuse in far less volqatile situations.

Chook

First Grade
There would not have a bottle on the field to begin with. Rooster fans are there to watch the footy not incite violence for the sake of it.

And I myself have been involved with sledging a particular player. I into Johns at Canberra stadium there one day when the Raiders were playing the Knights and I tried to put him off his conversions...he slotted 3 in a row and gave me a wry smile and the bird.

I got heckled by Knights fans, laughed and acknowledged defeat. So what? It's just footy.

Chook.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Chook said:
There would not have a bottle on the field to begin with. Rooster fans are there to watch the footy not incite violence for the sake of it.

Chook.
thing about what if the game had been Manly vs Dogs and Hoppa had chucked the bottle. People would be laying into him right now.

melon....

Coach
Chook said:

And I myself have been involved with sledging a particular player. I into Johns at Canberra stadium there one day when the Raiders were playing the Knights and I tried to put him off his conversions...he slotted 3 in a row and gave me a wry smile and the bird.

I got heckled by Knights fans, laughed and acknowledged defeat. So what? It's just footy.

Chook.
Chook, dont waste your breath on these imbeciles that love to bash the Roosters. They dont know reality if it popped out of their ears. Let them say what they want if it stops them feeling bad...why not. Yeah the Chooks are the worst. Yes we love violence. Yeah I take my kids to games every week, because I look forward to them throwing cannon balls at others and really hope they get thrown back.

What a bunch of old women...led beautiully by StImba Man.