What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch set to be squeezed out

Gronk

Staff member
Stagger eel said:
I think Finchy and Pigs future depends on the development of KK, Mitchell, Trent Hodkinson and Albie Kelly.

Plenty have likened Albert Kelly to Kirtley Beale. Man I hope so. Beale would be a sensation in either code.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
look...the club would nto have signed benny if they didnt have plans for him, hagan and hayden knowles have a plan for him.

as for finch, it would be ashame to see him leave, i was excited when he signed with us, i knew he would be good and he has been.

I think riddell will be off to england, making room for finchy

JTB

Juniors
This means Finch will be up for a good year...he is playing for a contract..either with the Eels of elsewhere.

JTB

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
It's becoming clearer that Finch, who was reborn at five-eighth at the Eels last season alongside Tim Smith, is likely to be squeezed out because of the salary cap.
Which is a shame, of course: he fired last year.

Blanks, apparently.

"But I know there's going to be opportunities for me," he said. "I know there's not many halves on the open market. It's not like I need to prove I can play.http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/finch-set-to-be-squeezed-out/2008/02/16/1202760662997.html

This is why I don't like Finch, everytime he opens his mouth he proves that he's his own biggest fan. He more than anyone needs to prove he can play, he's been a passenger in every side he's been in for the last 4 years. People use his work ethic and off-field popularity as excuses for his complete lack of playmaking ability and kicking game, but aggression and hard work should never count ahead of talent for any halfback.

Bazal

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
Blanks, apparently.

This is why I don't like Finch, everytime he opens his mouth he proves that he's his own biggest fan. He more than anyone needs to prove he can play, he's been a passenger in every side he's been in for the last 4 years. People use his work ethic and off-field popularity as excuses for his complete lack of playmaking ability and kicking game, but aggression and hard work should never count ahead of talent for any halfback.
I agree...but for some reason no one notices his complete inability with the ball in hand. Who ever heard of a halfback/five-eighth with less playmaking ability than a bloke playing in the backrow? For mine, 6 and 7 MUST be playmakers. Finch is not

mickdo

Coach
Jay, he was great last year, on and off the field. Not the best in the league, but great none the less.

Bigfella

Coach
he fired last year

I wouldn't say fired.

He definitely has some assets in areas we need strengthening; but as a half/five-eighth he also has some serious flaws.

We certainly need him this year.

Not sure if we will after that.

fish eel

Immortal
Bigfella said:
I wouldn't say fired.

He definitely has some assets in areas we need strengthening; but as a half/five-eighth he also has some serious flaws.

We certainly need him this year.

Not sure if we will after that.

I agree.

I think there has been a bit of revionism about how good Finch was last year.

He did some good work, was enthusiastic, but was generally solid if unspectacular.

yy_cheng

Coach
for mine, he talked well, lots of enthusiasm and cleaned up well but besides the dog's game, was were ordinary with his executions from 5/8th especially kicking

cirque

Juniors
I think if Finch leave - that shame to Parra. I think he acted like somebody who can take charge of the situation . I think we have gone over board with Inu and Hayne. Loosing Finch is a bad thing for us.

cirque said:
I think if Finch leave - that shame to Parra. I think he acted like somebody who can take charge of the situation . I think we have gone over board with Inu and Hayne. Loosing Finch is a bad thing for us.

Please tell me your joking?

we have player coming through that will make Finch look like Z grade stuff. Finch is a solid player that's all. Hayne and INU are priorities. They are just a different class.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I think if we hadn't signed Finch, he would have moved to England anyway. I think that wil still end up happening.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I feel sorry for Finch but we can't keep him. He is a solid player but we need to think about success in the next few years. Tim Smith really needs a playmaking #6 to take some pressure off. I think the Smith/Green combo worked well and with a little time Smith/Keating could be a big positive for the Eels.

Latest posts