What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

finch/smith

parra_jesus

Juniors
what are your thoughts on their game today ? im still not sure about the combonation , i know we won the game today but it seems they are the weak link in what otherwise a great team.

Pazza

First Grade
there is no one better in our squad for those positions so why is this being discussed? sure they ain't great but they are the best we got.

yy_cheng

Coach
iF you watch the game again, we bombed alot of tries in the last pass.

We took some dumb options with tackles left. Riddell, down the blind side twice, Smith kicking into the legs of the opposition on the 4th.

Moimoi unluckily knocks on after PJ's break. Guru knocking on Tahu's pass.

We actually should've hit 40 if our game stuck.

Nikki

Coach
I have nick-name Finchy "Oh no!" coz every time he gets the ball thats what I seem to say :lol:

Kornstar

Coach
I don't think our halves were the problem today, Riddell and Marsh continually hog the ball.

Finch needs to be more patient though.......

Parra Guru

Coach
Finch did some woeful things today and got lucky.

the commentary actually questioned why Tahu held onto it for so long before passing to Grothe... Grothe had actually slightly over ran it. Still should have held it, but golden boy Tahu should shoulder some of the blame for that one IMO.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
I don't think our halves were the problem today, Riddell and Marsh continually hog the ball.

execution let him down again, this time with the boot..but in the fairdinkum department he and Timmy are far and away our best options at the moment.

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
execution let him down again, this time with the boot..but in the fairdinkum department he and Timmy are far and away our best options at the moment.

Definitely agree.....

sportsmad

Juniors
Nikki said:
I have nick-name Finchy "Oh no!" coz every time he gets the ball thats what I seem to say :lol:

someone likes him, he was at the game dressed in a birds (looked like i chicken) outfit, with a red cape on with 'finchman' or something on the back :sarcasm:

got a few laughs from us

Stagger eel

Staff member
sportsmad said:
someone likes him, he was at the game dressed in a birds (looked like i chicken) outfit, with a red cape on with 'finchman' or something on the back :sarcasm:

got a few laughs from us

was that thing in yellow??? was he actually a spectator

Angry_eel

First Grade
Kornstar said:

Give marsh some credit, he finds the gaps and makes some great runs.

sportsmad

Juniors
eelavation said:
was that thing in yellow??? was he actually a spectator

yeah, think he's started a Finchy Fan club cult or something :lol:

gotta love those parra supporters

jayjayselmes

Juniors
korn said:

you cant be serious ??? Ridell had an ordinary game and made sill mistakes.

Marsh on the other hand was magic today.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tim wasn't flashy. But he did do the little things right. What do I mean?

Well for starters, every time he noticed Peachey was standing shallow, he kicked early in the tackle count into space to turn the Rabbitohs around and to wear them out. He threw a few great balls to his outside men and tackled well.

Finchy did some great stuff out there, but he also did some poor things. Overall, though - if his kicks actually met their mark, we would be praising him. It just so happens that luck didn't favour him and his kicks often went straight into the opposition's legs. Except for that bew-diful bomb for Grothe's almost try.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They played ok today, but still far to many mistakes and wrong options in attack. Really in that first half we should have been up by more than 14.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
hte opening half sh*tted me, especially when they keot kicking it into the Souths' legs, but apart from that i thought they went OK.

Bigfella

Coach
Look at Souths' halves and we are blessed in comparison.

Yes they make mistakes, but they create, they compete, and they link with their outside men.

They are both improving, tim needs more consistency (but his long kicking in the final 20 was brilliant, the best I have seen him control a tight game) and Finch needs better execution (I have never seen a half with as many first grade gaenms with such a low core skill level).

Getting there.

Avenger

Immortal
For a bloke who has played 180 first grade games, Finch is very limited skill wise. He reminds me of a new age Michael Neil.

Bigfella

Coach
Except Michael Neill played within his limitations and didn't make the 4-6 errors a game!

But, that is also a bit of a wrap because Michael Neill was a togh, competitive little terrier, and our side can do with a bit of that in it.

We still make awful decisions on the field. One was Finch's decision to take the shot at field goal off the slow play the ball, under immense pressure. We must have kicked on the third tackle for no result three or four times, which is three or four times too many.

And when Riddell is at dummy half, that problem increases about tenfold. How selfish is he? How slow is he? And for a bloke with that many games under his belt, how dumb is his decision-making? He should only play there long enough for PJ to have a break, and to keep something in the tnak so that he can carve them up at the tail like he did yesterday.

Latest posts