What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finucane suspension

Generalzod

Immortal
You guys are shooting the messenger. Personally, I didn't think there was anything in the tackle that warranted a penalty, let alone a suspension. However, up until the cows and the WT game yesterday, there was a lot of vision showing the Finucane incident in the sequence I described. It would not be the first time that the judiciary caved in to pressure in an ordinary club game, especially when one of the NRL's darling teams are involved. Just ask Rava about his suspension from ANZAC Day last year, when Olam does exactly the same tackle and everyone applauds.
I wasn't shooting the messenger I was answering your question...I agree with you not even the NRL know what their doing.

Eion

First Grade
You guys are shooting the messenger. Personally, I didn't think there was anything in the tackle that warranted a penalty, let alone a suspension. However, up until the cows and the WT game yesterday, there was a lot of vision showing the Finucane incident in the sequence I described. It would not be the first time that the judiciary caved in to pressure in an ordinary club game, especially when one of the NRL's darling teams are involved. Just ask Rava about his suspension from ANZAC Day last year, when Olam does exactly the same tackle and everyone applauds.
There are dozens of examples the sharks can show for comparison with no charge. Everyone is concentrating on the tigers clusterf**k, but this is the case that could have real flow on impact. Dale wins and it’s play on, he loses and all of a sudden every single head clash is looked at as a possible penalty / suspension against the defender

dannyt

Coach
Kikau shoulder charges a Sharks no penalty, Yesterday a Tigers players does exactly the same shoulder charge 10 minutes in the bin. So don't tell me that the NRL doesn't play favourites.
There's only two fan bases who could say that, and even they probably wouldn't.

Chimp

Bench
There are dozens of examples the sharks can show for comparison with no charge. Everyone is concentrating on the tigers clusterf**k, but this is the case that could have real flow on impact. Dale wins and it’s play on, he loses and all of a sudden every single head clash is looked at as a possible penalty / suspension against the defender
The ridiculous thing is, you're only allowed to use previous incidents that HAVE been charged as precedent, and even then, only ones that are heard at disciplinary can be used - so there could be an exact same tackle that wasn't charged, can't use that, there could be one that was charged as grade 1, but player took early plea, can't use that... can only use an example that went to full disciplinary hearing - just another example of the NRL creating rules that give them enough wiggle room to spin their way out of another mess up.

Glad he's challenging, if nothing else so that there is a precedent set. If he is charged, that means any tackle that results in head on head contact should be a penalty and send off (given its grade 3). Slippery slope.....

jc155776

Coach
Just watched Ian Roberts breaking Jason Smiths jaw with his melon.

Looking at 12 weeks suspension under the current rules.

ALso what a f**king lunatic Roberts was! Love watching his highlights.

Eion

First Grade
Oh this is exciting! I cannot remember the last time we won at the judiciary…struggling to remember the last one we took one on at all actually.