What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finucane suspension

Craigshark

First Grade
Since when can’t you rush up to put on a hit? If you rush up and it doesn’t come off and you end up collecting them with your shoulder or arm, then fair enough. He collected him with his f**ken head. Does finucane still get charged, if he breaks his own jaw from it?

Eion

First Grade
Since when can’t you rush up to put on a hit? If you rush up and it doesn’t come off and you end up collecting them with your shoulder or arm, then fair enough. He collected him with his f**ken head. Does finucane still get charged, if he breaks his own jaw from it?
Should do if this gets up. Same way a bloke should get charged for a swinging arm if he breaks it

7:12pm: Bellew tells the panel members that they need to determine if Finucane's actions had been careless.

"I need to emphasise that questions of intention do not enter into play of this case," he said.

"The question you have to ask yourselves is simple. Are you satisfied that the player failed to play to the level of care that he is required."

Craigshark

First Grade
Wasn’t he charged with dangerous contact? What’s careless got to do with it? Forgive me if that’s a stupid question, not up to date with wording for each charge.

Eion

First Grade
Haha, every time someone gets injured on the footy field by someone else there is an argument more care could have been taken to avoid the injury. Last I looked it was footy, where the object was to physically best people.

What if Finuncane smashed critters knee instead?

Either head clashes are in the high contact bucket, or they are excluded (as they have been till now, except for deliberate leading). We’ll find out in a minute