What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Big Name...

skeepe

Immortal
Davester said:
No one :arrow: Wests Tigers

Another year we are suppose to buy "big" and get close to jack all....

You've already signed Ryan O'Hara, and have been linked to Jason Smith.

Johns Magic

Referee
Knight82 said:
Have I ever said that I am a fan of joey?

We'd be in a much better position if we had of used his money to keep.

Ennis, Kennedy, Tahu, ODavis and Parsons.

A much much better possy.

Just because I love the knights doesnt mean I love Joey.

Do you honestly think that $500,000 would cover those 5 players? Mate you are dreaming.

O'Davis and Parsons are past it anyway.

Kennedy and Tahu are on close to $700,000 alone.

Mr Saab

Referee
extra 500k would have kept tahu and kennedy. They wouldnt have been on 250k each at newcastle...they could have been on more, but that 500k wasnt available to help keep them.

RABK

Referee
Mmmmm future Immortal who brings an extra 3,000 through the gates everytime he plays and gives any sponsor amazing exposure hence been worth more to the club then he his payed and two players who will be remembered as good Origin players......

Think about it....

Mr Saab

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Mmmmm future Immortal who brings an extra 3,000 through the gates everytime he plays and gives any sponsor amazing exposure hence been worth more to the club then he his payed and two players who will be remembered as good Origin players......

Think about it....

2 players that have left a club that have won one game all yr....think about that.

RABK

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
2 players that have left a club that have won one game all yr....think about that.

God your a fool.

Manly and Parra have far more advanced physio then us.....all they would be doing is watching the losses from the sidelines if they were still at us.

Johns = Big $'s for the Knights.

Mr Saab

Referee
and what happens when Johns retires in 2006? Seems like no one has planned for the future! Cant put all your eggs into one player.

RABK

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
and what happens when Johns retires in 2006? Seems like no one has planned for the future! Cant put all your eggs into one player.

Ever heard of a young bloke called Jarred Mullen? Future Australian 5/8...i guarantee you.

Mr Saab

Referee
really? i have heard that tag before on other players. I will believe it when i see it.

Wow he must be amazing, especially that you are saying that with the current breed of young halves coming through:

Thurston
Tim Smith
Seymour
Carney
Soward

Also throw in halves who are currently going well that have perhaps 5-8 years left in them.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bulldog Power said:
every decent half or 5/8 thats pops up is gonna be playing for australia in a few years apparently

they will have to wait until around 2008/9 when Lockyer retires from rep footy.
Until then, no 5/8 will get a look in.

Biglance

Bench
JoeysChiropractor said:
Wow he must be amazing, especially that you are saying that with the current breed of young halves coming through:

Thurston
Tim Smith
Seymour
Carney
Soward

Also throw in halves who are currently going well that have perhaps 5-8 years left in them.

Matty Head too mate

The_Coach

Juniors
When you look back at the big 3 or 5 million dollar meat market from a few months back in the paper it's a suprise so many players have stayed with their current teams. I really thought we would see a lot of big names change clubs, now it looks like maybe only 2 will.

Kiwi

First Grade

Think about it....

How much time has he spent on the field bringing those extra 3,000 through the gates?

And how is the financial situation at the Knights, Joey has been there how many years, they must be rich by now with all the extra money he brings to the club.......Think about it.

Kiwi

First Grade
Johns = Big $'s for the Knights.

It all must stop at his bank account, maybe he is forgetting to forward it on to the Knights?

Kiwi

First Grade
I think it'll be Anasta to the Roosters in the worst kept secret since they tried and failed to sign Lockyer.