What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First coach to get the boot in 09

Who will get the boot first in 2009

• Michael Hagan

Votes: 71 49.3%
  • Matthew Elliott

Votes: 47 32.6%
  • Brian Smith

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Jason Taylor

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Tim Sheens

Votes: 16 11.1%
  • Other (specify in post0

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters

Vossy

Bench
Hagan, parra fans will riot if they dont make the finals in 09..and by looking at there roster, they wont make it to the finals next year

panthers cant afford to sack elliot, tigers wont sack the "great man" who is responsible for signing the leagues greatest utility - john morris, brian smith has done a great job with newcastle so far, JT - souths are souths they suck no matter what

paulyt

Juniors
I predicted Elliot would be in the 2009 predictions thread, I'll stick with that.

Loudstrat

Coach
Which coach got sacked in 08?

Murray resigned.

Brown and Folked were not offered contracts.

Hagan won't be sacked. He'll know by Feb 09 whether he will be offered another contract. Plus, Parra have NEVER sacked a first grade coach.

badav

Bench
I dont think any coach will get sacked, but i dont believe either Michael Hagan or Matt Elliot will be renewed by either of their clubs.

IAmDancingHomer

Juniors
No way will he get sacked. Bennett will quit during the season if the board wants to lock horns with him. He wont give a rats arse. The great man is the closest thing any of todays fans will get to understanding the quality of a coach like Jack Gibson. He and Bennett are two peas in the rarest pod

Twigg

Juniors
Hagan.

As for Bennett, he would more likely leave than get sacked. That's only if he and stupid Doust start feuding backstage.

bartman

Immortal
Elliot won't go - they didn't have the money to punt him at the end of this season.

Hagan is on notice on the public record. Once they come out and say they aren't extending his contract (like Brian Smith before him), Hagan has two choices for 2009. Buckle down and earn a place somewhere else through good results, or try and get his future sorted and not give a sh*t about the current season (like Brian Smith before him).

I suspect Hages will take the latter path, the players didn't care enough this year about their early season results so that probably won't change, and I suspect Hagan will be given a please explain in Round 4 when Parra have their 2010 coach signed and waiting in the wings. He might grab an extension until Round 8 or 10, but poor results/footy/potential will see him given the boot early imo. There's a lot at stake for Parra now - two years out of the 8 won't be acceptable.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If Parra could afford to sack Hagan he would be already gorrrne!! Unfortunatley 2009 will be a right off because we are stuck with the gimp. Hopefully Anderson will take over the reigns in 2010.

Bazal

Post Whore
If it's anyone it'll be Elliot. Fitzgerald is far too arrogant to admit a mistake and sack a coach before his contract is up, whether we can afford it or not

Latest posts