What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Sharks Round 7

Serc

First Grade
Poffosbiggestfan said:
Only ppl that I know refer to me as Jobber. Do I know you? :crazy:

lol! Nah it just rolled off the tongue like that...my apologies won't do it in future :p

PS: Calling you Poffo doesn't sound quite right you know!

Yosh

Coach
I think Sargent will get a run this week. I called it (am I from inside the club woooooo~~~)

Also news that Abes will start lock and Carmont to centre.

Jokes. OR AM I!!!!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
daveserc said:
lol! Nah it just rolled off the tongue like that...my apologies won't do it in future :p

PS: Calling you Poffo doesn't sound quite right you know!
I'm still JD in spirit you know. JD will return at some stage. Feel free to call me that if you like ;-)

Frederick

Staff member
Poffosbiggestfan said:
I'm still JD in spirit you know. JD will return at some stage. Feel free to call me that if you like ;-)
Not unless someone signs up with that name... ;-)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Don't start merkin :fist:

But back on topic, will be interesting to see who does actually go into five-eight if Abes is ruled out (which I think is about an 85% possibility)

Frederick

Staff member
Red and Blue Knight said:
I'm so gonna do that so he can never get the name back! :lol:

BAHAHAHAHA!
I did it with [furrycat] when he had his name changed briefly to Poffo. Unfortunately Willow gave furry his name back, and changed my furrycat account to Captain Wilma :p

Serc

First Grade
Poffosbiggestfan said:

Yessir!

PS: Fred = owned :D

roopy

Referee
Tuafua has been the standout in PL IMO.
The only downside - he has bombed about four trys. He goes great till he sees that white line - then he goes stupid.

shane1970

Juniors
I've watched every game so far this season and I consider Cronulla to be the form team of the comp at the moment (and that is just my opinion) in front of the Sea Eagles.
Look through the Heralds Thursday league liftout and the stats that they provide show that the Sharks are the least error riddled team and there stats on the positive side of things, metres gained, penalties conceded etc, also put them right up there.
I think we may be in for a long night on Monday night, hope I'm wrong BUT going on our temas performances thus far this year it seems like it will be.

K-Man

Bench
It's interesting that Smith has been quoted as saying that the first 6 rounds would help him have a look at all the players at his disposal and give the first graders a chance to show what they can do before he considers making wholesale changes.

Well round 6 has come and gone, and not too much has changed. So in plenty of areas he must be reasonably content.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
In all honesty, we haven't really been that bad over the first 6 weeks with the exception of the Canberra game. With a bit more luck, we'd be sitting pretty on 10 competition points and in third position. The fact that this could have been the case is pretty encouraging from where I stand, we just need some time to find that "polish" on the end of sets which is required to gain repeat sets. If we can manage to stop dropping the ball and giving away stupid penalties at important moments in matches (Josh Perry I'm looking at you), we'll start to get more consistent and start to win our fair share of games.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
not the best knights team ive seen over the last ten years.
doesnt the team look so much thinner without johns?
i dont think the knights can win this in my opinion.
its a rebuilding phase, sharks by 18

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol:!!! Beebs, you said exactly the same thing in the trial. Yes, I know it was only a trial, but we proved to you that we aren't easybeats without Johns.