What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Sharks Round 7

Ben

Bench
Whoah that is a really surprising team. But i wouldn't be able to find anything that Patterson has done wrong to see him get dropped. Unless he is being rested.

Jono078

Referee
I'd say Paterson is getting rested.

Smith said after 2005 his biggest mistake was playing the same team each week and therefore come finals they had nothing.

And now with how the BYES are I think Smith is doing it pretty smart by resting players here and there.

It's testing what will be our best team for later in the year and letting everyone know if they peform they can play FG.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
This has proberly been said somewhere but i cant be botherd reading. Where is Franze im sure he may be better than carmont and tighe anyday?

Pika

Bench
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
not the best knights team ive seen over the last ten years.
doesnt the team look so much thinner without johns?
i dont think the knights can win this in my opinion.
its a rebuilding phase, sharks by 18

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
listen Poffo, whoever u might be, this is a vastly different Sharks side we are talking about.

we have probably the best coach in the last 38 years Ricky Stuart on our side, and his implemented a new style which sees us as the 2nd best defensive side going round. A side which put 50 on you couldnt put a point on us. does this tell you somthing Poffo? does it??? you tell me poff?? does it??

iv had a glance at both sides and i cant see a position besides probably hooker where u r better than us in. Knights can keep praying it will rain to stop the Sharks exciting ball movement, but even then I dont see the Knights taking this one. the knights are psychologically a bit intimidated by the sharks after the events that took place at Energy Australia stadium last year.

sharks by 18

Outstanding.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Good win guys. Mullen played awesome, Noddy played sh*t. Mullen> Noddy in every aspect of the game.

roopy

Referee
Our forwards won it against a very good sharks pack.
I thought people were joking about that bench - but it was a master stroke to put in all the hard hitters.
The fade at the end was a worry, but it was a perfect game plan till then.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
THE BENCH..my i was surprised and happy..they held there own..Taufa made an awesome impact early damn shame he was injured but thankfully not serious cause he came back on in last 15min.he has alot of potential in my opinion! Snowden held his own, and got some good second phase play away too which is what is desperately needed in this team!!..Royal..started well but went very quiet in sencond half..well from what i could see, but good on him for finally crackin it..just on premmier..Willie Topou..WHOA!! fantastic and dangerous on the rucks...some awesome offloads in him..just defence to fix up in next 2 games!!

A special mention to Buderus..holy crap what a game..that was just absolutely insane..what a performance..and congrats to Mullen for gaining more and more confidence as games continue..and well Reno..cheers for puttin egg on our faces..now keep it up!!!!

The fade at the end was understandable considering all the premier league guys we had there as well as some niggling injuries..

Did simmo play for 80 min tonight?

Burwood

Bench
What did people make of the greg bird 'tackle' on Brown in the opening half? The one I'm referring to was when Mullen put through a deft grubber kick and Brown looked certain to score. Didn't make much of it at the game, but after just seeing it on Sports Tonight I thought it was a pretty poor effort- bird left the ground and looked to knee Brown square in the chest. Didn't even look like he was going for the ball.

Jono078

Referee
Well I got no idea why Bird jumped into Brown, he had to dive for the ball yet he freakin jumped?

After watching the replay I thought penalty, although im not sure if you can get penalised for that stuff?

Burwood

Bench
Jono078 said:
Well I got no idea why Bird jumped into Brown, he had to dive for the ball yet he freakin jumped?

After watching the replay I thought penalty, although im not sure if you can get penalised for that stuff?

Should have been a penalty for taking out Brown. No way it was even close to a legal challenge.

strewth_mate

Bench
Was it Polglase that rushed up off his wing at one stage to shut down something like a 4 man overlap? And did he take the catch at the end? Couple of nice moments. Mullen's defence looked pretty decent too, managed to hang onto a few blokes twice his size and bring them down. Snowden looked to really want to charge in and hit people at some points, would have liked to see him last week. And Bedsy's looking very sharp out of dummy half, haven't seen him run like that for a while and I'm impressed at his speed.

Simpson might need a game off around Origin, if he's selected. Can't have him burning out halfway through the year.

Yosh

Coach
Brown got absolutly hammered out there. Garbage display. Was okay on defense I guess. Hopefully he gets better. I'm not just hammering because he had a bad game and I dont want him dropped but today he was awful. However, would love to see him take his game to another level.

Serc

First Grade
strewth_mate said:
Was it Polglase that rushed up off his wing at one stage to shut down something like a 4 man overlap? And did he take the catch at the end?

Those two were (in order), McManus and Polglase :)

K-Man

Bench
daveserc said:
Those two were (in order), McManus and Polglase :)

Are you talking about the catch at the VERY end? I'm pretty sure that was McManus too, out on the right wing, last play of the game and took it beautifully.

McManus made some great decisions rushing up last night, was really good to see him and Tighe not hanging back all the time, and picking times to get up in their faces.

voltron

Juniors
Can Gallen be charged for all the hand stepping he did (on purpose)???

i mean that kind of behaviour is contrary to the spirit of the game
its just plain cheap, and just shows how much of a grub he is

Frederick

Staff member
K-Man said:
Are you talking about the catch at the VERY end? I'm pretty sure that was McManus too, out on the right wing, last play of the game and took it beautifully.
Nah that was Polglase

Yosh

Coach
voltron said:
Can Gallen be charged for all the hand stepping he did (on purpose)???

i mean that kind of behaviour is contrary to the spirit of the game
its just plain cheap, and just shows how much of a grub he is

It is a man's sport. We cant have everyone being charged for every little bit of mis conduct. I'm actually quite a clean player myslef but a big fan of those cheesy tactics. Tactics as in gamesmanship, but the stepping on the hand I guess was a bit far, but served its purpose. If you start picking at every little thing then our game will turn into a game of chess, where each person is a robot and is really really boring.

Personally if someone stepped on my hand on purpose I would get up and start him, we need more biffs in rugby. Everyone is a bit soft these days. :p