What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Warriors

Whats Doing

Bench
No doubt there was some applaiing decisions by the ref and video ref but the better side won. The game is one of inches and if Bedsy could have scored that try, the reuslt could well have been different.

Smith has installed a never say die attitude and we will be in all games this season which is something we haven;t had for a number of years.

Great games from Bedsy, Tolar, Dureau but disappointing games from Royal ( low work rate), McManus (time to look for another winger with speed and postional play) and Nagaima (despite his two tries - maybe move him to wing and bring in Doogs or Sau).

The first 20 minutes is where we lost it where we had to do 101 tackles to 21. Six straight penalties and dropped ball left us with not much petrol for the rest of the match. As I said, the Smithy has installed a never say die effort and to come so close and could have possibkly won it speaks volumes for the work Smithy has done with the team and the for most players, the work ethic they are producing

perverse

Referee
No doubt there was some applaiing decisions by the ref and video ref but the better side won. The game is one of inches and if Bedsy could have scored that try, the reuslt could well have been different.

Smith has installed a never say die attitude and we will be in all games this season which is something we haven;t had for a number of years.

Great games from Bedsy, Tolar, Dureau but disappointing games from Royal ( low work rate), McManus (time to look for another winger with speed and postional play) and Nagaima (despite his two tries - maybe move him to wing and bring in Doogs or Sau).

The first 20 minutes is where we lost it where we had to do 101 tackles to 21. Six straight penalties and dropped ball left us with not much petrol for the rest of the match. As I said, the Smithy has installed a never say die effort and to come so close and could have possibkly won it speaks volumes for the work Smithy has done with the team and the for most players, the work ethic they are producing
agree 100%

Johns Magic

Referee
Would you care to start a new Gene thread for this year - "McManus = fraud" and we can follow his progress from there ;)

One of his rare defensive blunders...was a horrible choice and positioning!

Also for those who think he has to be delivered a try on a silver platter in order to score, Check out the try he scored after being delivered a horrible pass. Did very similarly a bunch of times last year as well.

He picked up the ball and bumped over Lance Hohaia.

He didn't actually beat anyone.

I don't want to come off as a McManus hater, because I really like the guy and he is safe as houses, but that try was nothing more than ordinary.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
That, is why and how we lost right there.

Ranger Jace

Juniors

Agree with that, pretty much dug a deep hole for ourselves in that first 20. After that period the boys just looked so bugged.

Also agree with what you said about what Smithy has done with the team. In the past im pretty sure most Knights fans would have just turned off the tv after being 2-3 tries down knowing that it was gonna be a blowout. But im pretty sure most of us while watching the game was confident that we were gonna see a massive fight back. Kudos to Smithy.

Serc

First Grade
Well I thought it was a good effort anyway - maybe against the Broncos cover defence he would've been most likely bundled into touch!

Bicey_18

Bench
Honestly I was expecting us to get belted after that Ah Van try... 26-16 with 10 to go. But to the boys credit they dug in and and got back within 6. It is a very different side this year and they are showing they will fight till the end..

Johns Magic

Referee
Tolar - 49 metres
Royal - 29 metres
Ciraldo - 9 metres

Great go forward from the starting pack there. Special mention to the front-row.

Frederick

Staff member
Not exactly throwing up an excuse here, but the fact that we had next to no ball in the first 20 wouldn't have helped those stats

darkness

Juniors
We are gonna miss mullo bigtime, it's not about one or the other, they just work well together. Him being gone is a big worry, not being on the field was pretty obvious in the last stages. As for jimmy, he is a good finisher and despite what people see in a good winger, its not often they are called on for much else and finishing is probably what I would want priority 1. Unfortunately Vuna isn't as good as jimmy in that departement and it has shown so far.

Latest posts