What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Team Knights v Storm Round 4

Earl

Coach
You couldn't really expect Smith to make too many changes considering the game was only last night. Come Saturday, I'd expect the team to be vastly different.

Won't matter who they name though, Israel gunna have a field day.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
...perry will be gone cause of neck..im not impressed either with Reno being selected..he a horror story..and i usually like the horror stories but not this one!!

i cant see him changing the backline..he has high expectations of Tigh..and lets face it..so did we in 2005/6 but he seems worse then then haha!!

just a matter of match fitness and combos for certin players..give time..no fretting...haha..it was a shocker (raiders) but they were prob thinkin ahead to this wkend..we'll be hu8ngry to put in a solid showing..dont know wether we;ll win..possible...but at least we'll put in a showing!!

lookin forward to seeing lower grades tho..havnt seen them play yet!

Jono078

Referee
Earl said:
You couldn't really expect Smith to make too many changes considering the game was only last night. Come Saturday, I'd expect the team to be vastly different.

Won't matter who they name though, Israel gunna have a field day.

I dont think so, id love to see Doogs and Uate up against Quinn and Folou, very well could be us with the field day if that happens IMO.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
OH HELL YEAH QUINNY IS BACK..lets lock him in sheds so he dosent leave he thus signs a contract swap with carmont....storm will fall for it for sure:p

Yosh

Coach
Quinn has been better for the strom then either Tighe or Carmont has been for us. Also Isreal is playing outside Quinn and he has scored 100000 tires in like 3 games. Surely Quinn must be doing something right. ^^

I know Carmont and Tighe have both equally played bad, but Tighe has a future. Carmont frankly doesnt. That is why Carmont must get dropped back to at least under-14s if he is going to make a decent line break or set up his winger.

Doogs must play centre, he needs more ball, and having either Franze or Uate outside him will make them very dangerous. Tighe and McManus will build up an amazing combination, they just need a little more time.

Our side next week will be amazingly different. Bedsy goes through an amazing amount of defencive work which will allow less tired defenders around him and on attack he just does his thing and makes our forwards look alot better then they really are.

Joey must allow Mullen to get much more ball then he did yesterday. Mullo has to get more time on the ball to allow Joey to use whatever ball he gets more efficently. Joey cant dominate a game no more I feel, and having Mullo beside him will allow him that bit more space to let him do his thang....

I still think we are in with a shot against the strom. I believe

Frederick

Staff member
A lot of Folau's balls that he's scored off have come from Slater, Cronk, Inglis, or Smith. I can't remember Quinn giving him one ball that led to a try.

Whats Doing

Bench
Burwood said:
Maybe we can save Smith some valuable time, and just send him a 'highlights' package of Carmont over the last 3 or so years:lol::lol::lol:

I dont know why you would do that. Smithy would blink and its all over.:D

Frederick

Staff member
Burwood said:
Maybe we can save Smith some valuable time, and just send him a 'highlights' package of Carmont over the last 3 or so years:lol::lol::lol:
If we send that tape into Funniest Home Video's we'll win $200,000 :)

Super Sub

Juniors
Maybe we can save Smith some valuable time, and just send him a 'highlights' package of Carmont over the last 3 or so years

That awesome in-goal linebreak he made against the sharks back in 04 to set up Riley Brown's try would be there. Not too much else though unfortunately.

Yosh

Coach
Frederick said:
A lot of Folau's balls that he's scored off have come from Slater, Cronk, Inglis, or Smith. I can't remember Quinn giving him one ball that led to a try.

Yeah I know I've watched the games. But still come on give Quinn some credit. I still cant believe that we didnt keep him. He is like only 24 as well. Isnt that like only 2 years older then Tighe?

Frederick

Staff member
Oh, I'm not denying he's an awesome player who we really needed for experience this year, I'm just saying since moving into the centre's he hasn't provided his winger with a try yet :p

Stranger

Coach
Although i forgot to mention, im happy Thiaday is gone for now. Geez he sh*ts me with his ball skills. He could have been so good...

Sacrolishes

Juniors
coudnt agree more stranger!!..hate seeing talented players just waste away cause they cant be stuffed training!!!!
BRING BACK QUINN..hey that Banner would attrack the cameras:p...i still think putting Carmont on the Wing for this yr and doogs centres is the go..Uate i wrekon needs one more yr to build up..reason Falauo and Inglis went so well was cause they were big buggers...Uate needs more build..otherwise he be thrown around like a rag doll almost like Seu has (yet he handled himself) also seu did injure his back last night thus why he didnt come back on..but considering he on bench..he mite still get some game time!!

Frederick

Staff member
LOL, I don't get why people think Aku is too small for first grade. He's 185cm and 95kg...hardly rag doll material

Sacrolishes

Juniors
based on the last couple games..i think Mullo has a couple more years in him b4 he is able to successfully lead this team around..he has been way to quiet..and non impactive..Carney (as much as i hate agreeing with raiders fans) sh*tted on him...its as if he is playing with an injury and is just lowering in confidence every game..
PICK UP BOI!!!

Sacrolishes

Juniors
95kg..ykes..fair nuff...his pace is undeniable..easy picking for some perfectly judged grubber kicks..i just wasnt sure on if his destructive runs would be as potent..havnt seen him in premier yet..so ill wait till satdy...95kg...tank!!

Johns Magic

Referee
Stranger said:
Although i forgot to mention, im happy Thiaday is gone for now. Geez he sh*ts me with his ball skills. He could have been so good...

He's the sort of player that can win you a premiership. Hence why we should persist with him.