What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Team - Round 14

keeney

First Grade
I'm using 2nd hand information here, but isn't his problem one of defensive and positioning experience? Uate that is? So I think they're easing him along. I'd imagine he'd get a run in FG before the end of the year, may as well blood him this year with an eye to the future.

keeney

First Grade
Jobdog said:
I'd still like to think that Aku will get a run in the final half of the year, but I'm starting to think that Smith won't use him until 2008 as a part of the backline which may look like:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Wes Naiqama
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Akuila Uate

Doogs will be disgustingly old and ineffective by next year. I hope we don't take the 08 option.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Aku's a lot like Milton IMO. He may come up with some crucial handling errors at times, but he's also got the ability to pull something out of nothing with a piece of individual brilliance. I have been watching him closely in PL for some time now and he does appear to get caught out in defence on a little bit of an all-too-regular basis. If they knock that out of him, he'll be a superstar.

keeney

First Grade
CWBush said:
He's not now? :p

Oh he most certainly is now, just I'm resigned to him being here for the rest of the year.

Thanks for the memories Doogs (the good ones at least), but even though you've played less than half the games someone your age should have across a career, time and FG have withered your physical ability. If not for Jason Smith, Doogs would totally be the NRL equivalent of Methuselah, not so much in literal age, but in according feebleness.

CJKnight

Juniors
Put Mad Pup in that lineup for Mad Dog and you have a much better backline IMO:

1. Kidley
2. McManus
3. Naiqama
4. Mad Pup
5. Uate/Vuna