What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first team list of the year!

Godz Illa

Coach
I'm excited.

Guys, if you were wondering why we let Darryl Millard go at the end of last year, look no further than number 5 Chase Stanley.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/static/article_2693.asp

1. Brett MORRIS
2. Josh MORRIS
3. Wes NAIQAMA
4. Matt COOPER
5. Chase STANLEY
6. Mark GASNIER
7. Ben HORNBY
8. Adam PEEK
9. Simon WOOLFORD
10. Dan HUNT
11. Ashton SIMS
12. Beau SCOTT
13. Ben CREAGH

14. Chris HOUSTON
15. Ben ELLIS
16. Corey PAYNE
17. Rangi CHASE
18. Rhys LOVEGROVE
19. Ricardo YOUNG
20. Tony CAINE

G

gorilla

8. Adam PEEK
9. Simon WOOLFORD
10. Dan HUNT
14. Chris HOUSTON
15. Ben ELLIS
18. Rhys LOVEGROVE
19. Ricardo YOUNG

What's the drum on these guys ?

Godz Illa

Coach
I'll do my best...

Peek is a journeyman, recruited for depth I suspect. Saints junior, returns via stints at Adelaide, Canterbury, Souths and Parra.
Hunt is a highly rated young prop, 2006 PL player of the year.
Houston, another highly rated prop. These two, Wicks and Leaeno will probably contest two reserve prop spots.
Ellis, hard working hooker from Norths. Broke some kind of PL tackling record last year.
Lovegrove, large backrower from Cronulla. Big wraps a couple of years ago, hasn't yet kicked on. New club might be the spur he needs.
Young, mobile backrower from Souths.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
gorilla said:
8. Adam PEEK
9. Simon WOOLFORD
10. Dan HUNT
14. Chris HOUSTON
15. Ben ELLIS
18. Rhys LOVEGROVE
19. Ricardo YOUNG

What's the drum on these guys ?

Adam Peek is a St George junior who I understand was lured away by Brian Smith to play for the Eels. Perhaps its just a coincidence that with Smith heading to Hunter that Peek finds his way to Saints. Starkers rates him highly.

Never heard of Simon Woolford. Must be a new kid.;-)

Chris Houston played in the JF grand final a couple of seasons back. The same Flegg team that was pretty much unbeatable and you may recall the 102-something points flogging they gave Central Coast. Houston is a very solid front rower with a good offload and I'll rate him.

Ben Ellis is a Kiwi from North Sydney. Apparently he broke some NSWRL tackling record in 2006, surpassing the NRL record holder. He made 1066 tackles for the year (average per match = 48.45).
There's an article here about him:
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=12271
Norths were sorry to see him go.

Rhys Lovegrove is a second rower from the Sharks and Ricky Young is from Souths. Someone else may know more about them.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I like Creagh at lock, I think it will be a good move. Not sure on who to have there though when Dean Young returns. Creagh reminds me of a young Menzies at times; Speed, hits hard and knows his way to the try line.

Cross that with Young, who is a work-aholic. I guess it won't matter too much, but it will be interesting to see who Brown goes with for the 13 and whether Creagh will be used more as an impact player or an 80 minute man.

Dragonwest

Juniors
Drew-Sta said:
I like Creagh at lock, I think it will be a good move. Not sure on who to have there though when Dean Young returns. Creagh reminds me of a young Menzies at times; Speed, hits hard and knows his way to the try line.

Cross that with Young, who is a work-aholic. I guess it won't matter too much, but it will be interesting to see who Brown goes with for the 13 and whether Creagh will be used more as an impact player or an 80 minute man.

Creagh needs to play lock and continue to look for as much work as possible around the center. too often he gets lost outwide as a second rower and doesnt pull his weight. Id have young in the second row on the left, he dominates down the left and can take some pressure off gaz as a second receiver. That leaves sims on the right with payne, scott etc off the bench

Father Ted

First Grade
Lets hope Creagh has payback on his mind after Canterbury made him look a bit second rate at Oki last year in the rain .

G

gorilla

oops, sorry too much 'Shameless' - must be the syndrome ...

I meant to say:

"thanks for the info, guys. I'll be at the Graveyard with M/M Rexeroonie, et al (if lucky for the al) and will watch with eager, yet ancient silverback eyes".

Might be time to put the glasses down for the glasses, lucky I'm under treatment (self-administered) for glaucoma ...

Latest posts