What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Timer: Milne!

Old Timer

Coach
I could be wrong, but I think drogon meant that he was struggling with the pace of the game, not struggling for pace.

WHich is to be expected, it's a big step up in tempo from NSW Cup to first grade.

Still should have started though.

100% on all accounts Benny V

Drogon

Juniors
I could be wrong, but I think drogon meant that he was struggling with the pace of the game, not struggling for pace.

WHich is to be expected, it's a big step up in tempo from NSW Cup to first grade.

And give him a rest later on in each half ?
Just looking at him blowing, there might have been some method to the madness.

Dragsters

First Grade
I thought he went well with time had.

Some solid tackles and a nice offload until that dog Napa smashed his shoulder into his head!

Hope we get to see more of him.

hewi

Bench

Some solid tackles and a nice offload until that dog Napa smashed his shoulder into his head!

I agree Napper used a shoulder charge , there was no arm in the tackle. The penalty was correct. He is a grub and I think it's fair to say with 4 players on report the roosters should look at themselves instead of blaming the officials .

gitano

Juniors
I agree Napper used a shoulder charge , there was no arm in the tackle. The penalty was correct. He is a grub and I think it's fair to say with 4 players on report the roosters should look at themselves instead of blaming the officials .

Between Dugan not losing the ball, THAT forward pass, the try they incorrectly got without being reviewed...Roosters have little to complain about.

They had a lot of luck. Balls pouncing on their point a metre from the dead ball line, a few trys out of nothing as well.

Better team won, but we need to keep playing football. A few cool heads in the last 20 and Roosters don't get a look in.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Yes he did say that...still think hes worth sticking with.....think his early tackling involvement slowed him a little

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Yeah Napa has a very iffy tackling style...bit like Nate Myles but that grub doesn't shoulder charge he does the Head charge

saintjeff

Juniors
Yes trent at pc blaming refs,
Napa and co should stop trying to knock players heads off
they got a try of a metre forward pass Whinger trent

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I think Milne may have used up some energy on the bench due to nerves.

When he got on, he was pretty fierce in defence. He looks like natural footballer, reminds me a bit of Dean Whare. He needs time in the side. Ideally he should be brought in to play wing. I know FFL hasn't done anything wrong but he is in his mid 20's and probably wont improve any further. Milne could be anything if given the chance.

thebigredv

First Grade
I really hope Fai Fai Loa can consistently play solidly on the wing but I am also getting excited at the prospect of having Aitken and Milne both in our team and firing. Lafai will be better than any Farrell or Beale if given the right ball. Maybe, just maybe, if Marshall and Widdop (or whoever our halves are) can start to gel and come up with some winning combos we might start to go forward as a club for 2016 and beyond. That's a lot of maybes but I am going to put all my hopes into the youth we have.

Dragsters

First Grade

Now they the rooters are struggling we are seeing the SuperCoach Robinsons true colours.

Is he serious? Needs to have a long hard look at himself I reckon.

Overrated.

FlameThrower

Bench
He has a habit of doing this, still has a squad of Origin and Internationals with some rising stars?
How would he go at the Knights????

Wittenberg

Juniors
Milne showed potential but he will be targeted for quite a while, especially by the Warriors next week. I think it was right to hold him back given the way the Roosters started. Drop FFL to fit Milne in?? After FFL's two games, how can it be justified, and I was against FFL being picked last week. Havili better than Rein? Delivery slow too, decision making just as questionable, injected not a huge amount of energy and his defence around the rucks was less effective. He also came up with two crucial errors in the last minute to allow he Roosters into our 40. The penalty he gave away was plain stupid. Rein might have several faults but Havili is no improvement. But that's all MacGregor's fault. Widdop played poorly again, not.

Puff2010

Juniors
I really hope Fai Fai Loa can consistently play solidly on the wing but I am also getting excited at the prospect of having Aitken and Milne both in our team and firing. Lafai will be better than any Farrell or Beale if given the right ball. Maybe, just maybe, if Marshall and Widdop (or whoever our halves are) can start to gel and come up with some winning combos we might start to go forward as a club for 2016 and beyond. That's a lot of maybes but I am going to put all my hopes into the youth we have.

Agree. Milne played well. Looked a bit stuffed at times with the pace of the game but he will pick that up quickly. KFL and Aitken with Milne - love it. Give the kids a go and let's get some speed

TheRev

First Grade
This is a hard thread to read, I was critical of the bench option too, but guys, give the coach a bit of praise.... seems like he knew Milne better than us armchair wizards, did you see how hard Milne was blowing out after around 15 minutes on the field? Was a masterstroke.. the kid has a taste now, and hopefully can work on his endurance, and he will be back before you know it now that Matautai is gone.

As for Milne's performance, he barely had an attacking run, that wasn't his fault, Dugan/McCrone seemed very reluctant to throw the ball his way.. I cant really judge his effectiveness from this game, but im glad he was blooded, we will need him to step up in 2016.

Last edited:

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I think you guys are over playing that one camera shot of Milne on his haunches in our in goal blowing hard. If I recall correctly, he was heavily involved in a whole heap of defensive work just prior to that shot.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I think you guys are over playing that one camera shot of Milne on his haunches in our in goal blowing hard. If I recall correctly, he was heavily involved in a whole heap of defensive work just prior to that shot.

There was one point where he tripped over his own legs quite embarrassingly. He got stepped into the shadow realm or something.
That comes from exhaustion, he didnt hold anything back in defence, I will give him that.

Old Timer

Coach

100% correct he was in there belting everyone for 2 sets in a row so he aimed up from the get go.

He also was positionally strategic in breaking down a few raids by the Chooks because he is a natural centre.

Should be in the run on squad if Aitken is out next week.

gitano

Juniors

Absolutely spot on. Unlike a forum member to generalise!

Personally I don't like how Nightingale always stays down to get a penalty

nrlnrl

First Grade
He copped an initial high shot from Napa - watch his jaw move sideways towards Cordner. Then there's a head clash & finally he cops it in the head from Cordner's right shoulder.

Latest posts