What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fittler in, What a joke!

_Johnsy

Referee
It seems qld'ers hold the right to come out of retirement when it suits. Hypocritical, once again the qld idiocy strikes again.

Razor
"Hill, Orford, and Kurt Gidley should all have been considered ahead of Fitler." :clap:
I dont like the guy, and I dislike gould and the rooster with a passion, but really. Are you capable of objectivity at all

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If nothing else, Darren Lockyer just received a pretty damn big compliment from Gould.

Nugby

Juniors
It's a bloody slap in the face of Kurt "18th man" Gidley, and we all know the Roosters preference, but I can't realy argue with it (while Timmins is injured :roll: )

Whats Doing

Bench
He didnt make a big hoohar about retiring from rep footy, like Fittler.

So your argument = INVALID

So what about Alfie and his send off and subsequent come back!!

Who cares if there was a send off. The best players should be picked. It so happens all the potential origin 5/8 are injured - Hill, Timmins, Barrett,

Give yourself an uppercut as well

Razor

Coach
Razor
"Hill, Orford, and Kurt Gidley should all have been considered ahead of Fitler."
I dont like the guy, and I dislike gould and the rooster with a passion, but really. Are you capable of objectivity at all

I never said that. I was replying to someone who did, saying Fittler was the best of the lot. I said

Orford is a halfback, not a 5/8

Fittler is much better than those 2, so why shouldn't he be picked ahead of them?

Eels Dude

Coach
Razor said:
Hill, Orford, and Kurt Gidley should all have been considered ahead of Fitler.

Orford is a halfback, not a 5/8

Fittler is much better than those 2, so why shouldn't he be picked ahead of them?

Because he has retired from rep footy. Gidley was 18th man for Origin 1 so the selectors must rate him highly. Fitler has already had his farewell, not a great one, but that couldn't be helped. There are others who I think could do the job, and an extreme injury crisis is no excuse to bring him baxk

Anonymous

Juniors
Why is it a joke?

Suppose Fittler decided I want to play origin in my last year. He rings up and tells the selectors this. Fittler is still the best 5/8 in the game after lockyer. The selectors consider him equally with others and as he's the best man for the job, they select him. It's not f**kin rocket science.

greentooth

Juniors
I'm glad he's back, adds to the drama and excitement of Origin. Fitler vs Lockyer will be a great contest. Kurt Gidley will get his chance.

Anonymous

Juniors
Roosterphin said:
Kurt Gidley is not up to origin yet. End of story

So we just go for some washed up guy who didn't want to play Rep footy any more. Please! Remember he rejected Origin not the other way around!
And how do you know Kidley isnt up to Origin level when he hasnt had the chance yet? If selector thought like that when Freddy first played Rep then maybe his career wouldn't have been so illustrious. Gould the fool had more to do with this than anyone. If injurys are the excuse why did they pick Timmins (a lock or centre) in 5/8 for game 1? Timmins is not a proven 5/8 so why didnt Freddy put his hand up at the start of the series?
Because Fould know that they only need to win 1 more game and Freddy goes out a winner. What about all the guys who never had a chance to win their last origin game? Call them up too, so they can finish their careers on a high as well? Come on. Get real. We aren't Qld and to compaire a QLD to a NSW player is an insult to the BLUE jumper.

p.s for all those out there who say "What about Langer", Langer was cut from Broncos and went to play in England. He didn't make a big song and dance about retirement from Rep Footy, like Freddy did. He played Origin the year after he was cut from the Broncos, not THREE YEARS after he retired. So before you compaire the Langer situation to Freddy, get your facts straight. There is no comparison.

Anonymous

Juniors
mickdo said:
Washed up? :lol: :lol: :lol: You obviously don't watch football, do you.

If hes so good why is he retiring at the end of the year?

Because even he knows HE IS washed up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mickdo

Coach
You got me there... unless the retirement is a phoney just like his origin retirement... and he is planning on going back to the Panthers!!!

Anonymous

Juniors
mickdo said:
You got me there... unless the retirement is a phoney just like his origin retirement... and he is planning on going back to the Panthers!!!

Now there's a thought. See told you it was a wrestling retirement! :lol:

Razor

Coach
Timmins is not a proven 5/8 so why didnt Freddy put his hand up at the start of the series?

Timmins played 5/8 for the Dragons for most of last year, played for NSW last year at 5/8 and played for Australia at 5/8 last year, and he isn't a proven 5/8?

Anonymous

Juniors
Razor said:
Timmins is not a proven 5/8 so why didnt Freddy put his hand up at the start of the series?

Timmins played 5/8 for the Dragons for most of last year, played for NSW last year at 5/8 and played for Australia at 5/8 last year, and he isn't a proven 5/8?

Dragons: Barrett played more games at 5/8, NSW : Played behind Johns, Australia : played behind Johns.

Yeah he's proven alright, with a skilled Halfback infront of him. Why did we win SOO1 by one point? Half and 5/8 were not up to task as playmakers. So he is proven. (to be ineffectual as a playmaker :lol: )

chooky

Juniors
genekrupa said:
Whats Doing said:
Instead of picking a dinosaur they could have picked from

You are kidding. The best players available are to be picked. I remember QLD picking big Artie at 35 years and they won.

As Parki says, give yourself an uppercut!

He didnt make a big hoohar about retiring from rep footy, like Fittler.

So your argument = INVALID

when did freddy make a big deal out of it?!! it's the media you moron!