What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fittler in, What a joke!

Anonymous

Juniors
chooky said:
genekrupa said:
Whats Doing said:
Instead of picking a dinosaur they could have picked from

You are kidding. The best players available are to be picked. I remember QLD picking big Artie at 35 years and they won.

As Parki says, give yourself an uppercut!

He didnt make a big hoohar about retiring from rep footy, like Fittler.

So your argument = INVALID

when did freddy make a big deal out of it?!! it's the media you moron!

Yeah and hes corrected the media EVERY chance he has got so far, hasn't he? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dd

Juniors
genekrupa said:
Timmins is not a proven 5/8 so why didnt Freddy put his hand up at the start of the series?

Did you forget last year?

genekrupa said:
......Langer was cut from Broncos and went to play in England....he played Origin the year after he was cut from the Broncos...So before you compaire the Langer situation to Freddy, get your facts straight. There is no comparison.

Hey "Fact Clown" - Langer retired May 1999 and played his state of origin comeback in July 2001, I am OK at maths so I think that is 2 years not the next year.

Anonymous

Juniors
dd said:
genekrupa said:
Timmins is not a proven 5/8 so why didnt Freddy put his hand up at the start of the series?

genekrupa said:
......Langer was cut from Broncos and went to play in England....he played Origin the year after he was cut from the Broncos...So before you compaire the Langer situation to Freddy, get your facts straight. There is no comparison.

Hey "Fact Clown" - Langer retired May 1999 and played his state of origin comeback in July 2001, I am OK at maths so I think that is 2 years not the next year.

Um He was CUT by the Broncos and went to play in England. When is that retired. By your definision then D. Albert is retired, S. Ryder, and anyone who can't find a team in Australia, goes to England to play. And he didn't ring the Qlders, they rang him.
So there A**clown those are the facts. Do some research before u call me a "Fact Clown", A**clown!

As for Timmins like I said he is proven at 5/8 (when there is a great Halfback in front of him). If he had to run the ship he'd be less affective as SOO1 proved.

dd

Juniors
genekrupa said:
dd said:
genekrupa said:

genekrupa said:

Um He was CUT by the Broncos and went to play in England. When is that retired. By your definision then D. Albert is retired, S. Ryder, and anyone who can't find a team in Australia, goes to England to play. And he didn't ring the Qlders, they rang him.
So there A**clown those are the facts. Do some research before u call me a "Fact Clown", A**clown!

As for Timmins like I said he is proven at 5/8 (when there is a great Halfback in front of him). If he had to run the ship he'd be less affective as SOO1 proved.

Still your "fact" is incorrect - ie "he played origin the year after he was cut" - it was infact 2 years. So "research boy", please do some research yourself. BTW Alfie did retire from the Broncos, he was not cut, the fact he then "un-retired" in England does not matter.

Anonymous

Juniors
dd said:
genekrupa said:
dd said:
genekrupa said:

genekrupa said:

Still your "fact" is incorrect - ie "he played origin the year after he was cut" - it was infact 2 years. So "research boy", please do some research yourself. BTW Alfie did retire from the Broncos, he was not cut, the fact he then "un-retired" in England does not matter.

See there's alway someone who has to resort to name calling. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh The better the bait, the bigger the fish! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And did you invent a new name so you could attack me? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Three posts! So if you joined just to get at me, I've won anyway! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wests is Best

Juniors
I reckon the reason behind them bringing Fittler back is purely a marketing ploy. I don't dispute the selection of any of the players that were picked for origin 1 but lets face it look through the 2 sides, not many of them are household names. My wife had to ask what club Shaun Timmins plays for after the first match. Now Shaun Timmins is a very good player, 1 of the more experienced players in the NSW team, and he put in a MOM performance and won the game in extra time with a fantastic field goal, but many people don't know who he is, let alone a dozen or so of the other players in the 2 sides
Fittlers selection is a way of attracting more interest in the match, kind of like when Alan Langer came back for QLD a couple of years ago. Many people could do the job for NSW, but few that are available can attract the publicity that Fittler can.

dd

Juniors
genekrupa said:

Three posts! So if you joined just to get at me, I've won anyway! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What name calling - at least I responded to your post.

If by bait, you mean a post that is both inaccurate and sanctimonious, then yep you lay great bait.

I have not invented a new name, just haven't posted here much before.

Don't flatter yourself by thinking I am trying to get you, as I said before I read the BS you were posting and thought I should correct you.

Anonymous

Juniors
dd said:
genekrupa said:

What name calling - at least I responded to your post.

If by bait, you mean a post that is both inaccurate and sanctimonious, then yep you lay great bait.

I have not invented a new name, just haven't posted here much before.

Don't flatter yourself by thinking I am trying to get you, as I said before I read the BS you were posting and thought I should correct you.

You responded to my post, yes and thank you for your contribution. And if you read the BS that I've posted and responded, then why haven't you responded to the Kurt Gidley thread.
It's along the same lines and there are many other threads that you have conveniently not posted on. Mickdo and I have been having a friendly banter between us, and we dont completely agree on this issue and neither of us called each other names. If my facts are wrong, I will be the first to admit my mistake. However you seemed to come on and attack me in your FIRST post. How do you expect me to react, say "Thank you, oh perfect one. I am so sorry to offend you."?

If you can't be civil, then don't respond to posts.

Oh thats right you don't respond to posts. Only this one!

P.S. That was sarcasim, not an attack! Just wanted you to know the difference.

P.P.S. As for being sanctimonious, there are far worse people on this forum than me. Go check out RoosterCoqburn and read some of the crap he writes. Don't see you posting to refute his BS. Or are you just a disgruntaled Roosters fan who doesn't like anything being said about their "beloved" Chickens, like him?

P.P.P.S. That last question doesn't need to be answered.

mickdo

Coach
What... I didn't resort to name calling??? I must have a temperature...

You're a nancy boy Gene!!! :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
mickdo said:
What... I didn't resort to name calling??? I must have a temperature...

You're a nancy boy Gene!!! :lol:

Well ..... well...... Your just....... a ....... poop poop head! :D

Moggles

Juniors
This whole thing is just an excuse for Phil GOuld to get his Bee Stung head on TV.
I am stoked that Fittler is playing.. It will make for an entertaining game

GO QUEENSLAND!!!

Anonymous

Juniors
Moggles said:
This whole thing is just an excuse for Phil GOuld to get his Bee Stung head on TV.
I am stoked that Fittler is playing.. It will make for an entertaining game

GO QUEENSLAND!!!

Phil Foould is a menace. I'll be glad to see the back of him after Origin.

"Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Dhil!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
SURPRISE! SURPRISE!

Another Rooster in the team. Well now they only need another 2 and they are the whole NSW team!

Didn't Sherwin play all over "Little Budgie" last week.

And Budgie's the form player. :roll: :roll: :roll:

"But I'm mates with Fweddy and Dhil. I earned my place" :lol: :lol: :lol: