What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitz: "League should merge with Union"

Fitzy has done harm? lol

there's knobs in the game that supported SL that have done the game harm.

yes thats true too.

fitzgeralds comments though arent helping with the perception of RL atm as a strong game.

when you look at all his comments its quite a list

Coaster

Bench
Its propaganda to create confusion and open a weakness in the enemy.

RL is destroying Union in every possible way, and they are so scared of the world cup they have invested millions in spoil tactics.

I wouldnt be at all surprised to find Fitz on the ARU payroll, there is only so many stupid comments you can make without getting sober, everything he spews is thought out and concise. These are not mindless dribbles, there is a deeper more evil motive to this man.

The only hole RL leaves open to enemies is the fact, there is not enough support in Sydney for all these clubs. If the Bunnies truly are the pride of the league, they should do whats best for the game and relocate. I know they may lose a handfull of 80 year old supporters, but they will gain so much more in return, and could possibly be the catalist for the game finally going to the next step in its evolution.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The only hole RL leaves open to enemies is the fact, there is not enough support in Sydney for all these clubs. If the Bunnies truly are the pride of the league, they should do whats best for the game and relocate. I know they may lose a handfull of 80 year old supporters, but they will gain so much more in return, and could possibly be the catalist for the game finally going to the next step in its evolution.

Rubbish.

ALL Sydney clubs are doing fine. If any club should move on the basis of support and juniors it's the Roosters.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lets put the salary cap up to a more realistic $6mill and we'll see which clubs are "doing fine".

Coaster

Bench
Lets put the salary cap up to a more realistic $6mill and we'll see which clubs are "doing fine".

Wasnt that another comment from this mole, that we should lower the salary cap?

I agree with you to raise it, weed out the weak, trim the fat and lets get this game going to its maximum. Its the only card the NRL are left with because of the stubborn attitudes of these clubs that once played in a NSW comp, not being able to understand that comp no longer exists, and they are holding the National comp back with these broken suburb teams.

Either 1 team will lead by example and be proactive in moving forward, or 2-3 teams will fold due to the dwindling support base, and finacial strain.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Like the Broncos did in the mid 90's?

The ONLY thing holding this game back is the NRL/News Ltd.

Tell me are the clubs responsible for only ONE commercial radio station broadcasting the game, are the clubs responsible for the sport being undersold in TV rghts negotiations, ae the clubs responsible for the crap game times, are they responsile that every asset is undersold..........get the picture?

Coaster

Bench
.get the picture?

Loud and clear.

Your looking for everything to blame but yourselves, you point the finger and yell and scream, but your delusional by your own argument, and fail to see where your club should be looking, and that is at themselves.

RL is thriving, is just looks like it isnt becuase of the massive empty stadiums we are broadcasting to the rest of the population week after week.

Come up with a solution to fill those seats, and there is no doubt all teams stay, but until that is done, there is no doubt, some teams in Sydney will be culled.

And no court case in the world will save them this time.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Tell me are the clubs responsible for only ONE commercial radio station broadcasting the game, are the clubs responsible for the sport being undersold in TV rghts negotiations, ae the clubs responsible for the crap game times, are they responsile that every asset is undersold..........get the picture?

So these aren't issues?

The clubs are the one's causing all the problems not the self interest of News Ltd?

I'll give you an idea, how about blacking out the home town livecoverage and playing more games in the day? Why do we need 5 night games on a Friday and Saturday?

Here's a no brainer....anonce we are expanding to 18 clubs. Instead of squabbling with each other stick together and strengthen the code....united we stand, divided we fall. Get the feel good vibe back into the sport that was ther before the SL war.

Tonight 9000 watched the Bulldogs play, you think the Bulldogs have only 9000 supporters? No of course not they would have 10's of thousands as would every Sydney club. So by moving or merging clubs you disenfranchise 100,000's of supporters. RL always goeson abot being a business wht business would do this to their supporters?

Kiki

First Grade
regardless of the fact its totally ridiculous...how in gods name could it work? is logistically impossible.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Another thing if there isn't enough room for all the league teams, wh the hell is there enough room for another AFL team? Talk about making it easier for them....we already hlped the Swans and Waratahs enough in 1997. Can we be so dumb again?

LeagueXIII

First Grade
regardless of the fact its totally ridiculous...how in gods name could it work? is logistically impossible.

Worked for the AFL. But then they are a professionally run independent sporting body.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I tell you what, I love the game and I love my club, if Parra f**k off to SA or WA or god forbid Christchurch and they are the eels playing in blue n gold, they are my team.

I came from a country town no where near Parramatta, I have loved them since TV grabbed my attention in the mid 70's as a kid, I don't want them to move or die, but i'll be damned if I'll will support a code that goes willy nilly killing clubs.

Give the eels the same chance as everyone else, I'll stick by them, if they die and have to move or whatever, I'll, support my eels, you remove them or make them merge, don't expect me or anyone in my family to support any RL ever again.

I love RL more than my team, but don't push it.

bobmar28

Bench
Like the Broncos did in the mid 90's?

The ONLY thing holding this game back is the NRL/News Ltd.

Are they responsible for images of near empty stadiums? yes. Merge or relocate.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
I tell you what, I love the game and I love my club, if Parra f**k off to SA or WA or god forbid Christchurch and they are the eels playing in blue n gold, they are my team.

I came from a country town no where near Parramatta, I have loved them since TV grabbed my attention in the mid 70's as a kid, I don't want them to move or die, but i'll be damned if I'll will support a code that goes willy nilly killing clubs.

Give the eels the same chance as everyone else, I'll stick by them, if they die and have to move or whatever, I'll, support my eels, you remove them or make them merge, don't expect me or anyone in my family to support any RL ever again.

I love RL more than my team, but don't push it.
What will you support? AFL?

bobmar28

Bench
Another thing if there isn't enough room for all the league teams, wh the hell is there enough room for another AFL team? Talk about making it easier for them....we already hlped the Swans and Waratahs enough in 1997. Can we be so dumb again?
You know what's helping AFL more than anything? Images of near empty league stadiums on TV.
If all nine Sydney teams were playing to full stadiums each week we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
If the codes merge, there will be no game for twats like me, so I'll go and sit at the SCG and cheer for the pink twinkies. Unfortunately, to do it properly, I'll have to suck a few dicks prior to my first game.

It isn't going to happen you gimp.
your a f**king merkin of the highest order but i gotta admit... that post gave me a good laugh... :lol:

for the record im against any of this merger rubbish... what the hell is the matter with having both sports??? both sports have mass appeal so i dont see why theres a need to merge them... the AFL can only grow so big...

and while the NZRFU admin seem to shoot themselves in the foot every five minutes i dont want to see any of those useless sacks of sh*t in the NZRL going near RU