What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitz: "League should merge with Union"

Sir Biffo

Bench
Q: Are you one of the few characters left in rugby league officialdom?
A: Sure, I'm seen as one of the more high-profile ones. Also, as the longest-serving CEO, or the doyen of the CEOs, at least I have plenty of experience to fall back on. Rather than a character, I see myself as someone who has been through a hell of a lot and I'm willing to express those experienced views

What a clown. It would be funny if you knew it was a gee up, but then you realise he genuinely believes that.

i hate fitzgerald.

parra should be a much bigger club than what they are.

with the millions wasted on soccer and RU, they would be.

Fitzgerald is one of the true legends still left in the game.

Go on about hating him as much as you want, he's done more for the game and will do more for the game than any individual here.

Fitzy = class!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
f**k i am sick of this clown embarrising my club, as others have mentioned we should be one of the powerhouse clubs in the NRL. Instead we have this dickhead telling us our future isn't secure in the next 5 yrs. No wonder AFL see us as an easy target whenour clubs are run by morons.

gho

Juniors
His idea isn't too bad, imagine watching SOO with Gregan or the Wallabies with Lockeyer, it would be great. Union and League share many fans (not on this board but in general) with most nrl followers preferring to watch the wallabies, than the kangaroos trounce some other team by an increadible margin. Imagine the improvement for the code in WA, whom love union, and victoria. All of Australia would get behind the wallabies, not just NSW and Qld and we'd easily overtake AFL. Just make it a 13 man game with league scoring system and give them the scrum and ball possession rules.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i hate fitzgerald.

parra should be a much bigger club than what they are.

with the millions wasted on soccer and RU, they would be.

lol

i doubt any CEO would listen to a thng you said.

they'd soon be in stitches if they did, though

hineyrulz

Post Whore
how many other Sydney CEO's would've gave a different answer?
I'm talking about our club, there is no way we should be in this posistion. Apparantly we are last in sponsorship revenue out of all the Sydney clubs. But instead we hear him whining about pokie tax, which they knew was coming in 5 yrs ago.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only problem with a merger is that RL is only stronger in two states of Australia compared to the rest of the world where RU rules big time over RL. I am sure the people of Argentina, South Afirca or Bath will be very keen to see their game changed dramatically to accomodate a handful of teams from a small corner of the world!

Brutus

Referee
Dean Ritchie - the doyen of slob hackery

Go to Dennis Fitzgerald for an easy story.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
What an idiotic idea .... :roll: :crazy:

I've already made up a logo and everything. :sarcasm:

180pxwestspanthersfootbmh6.png

Hypocrates

Juniors
That's a good logo lockyforpresident except the ball in the background looks like an AFL ball. But other than that well done.