What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzgerald v Parramatta

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Care to point those particular posts out?

what he said

you know where the report icon is

just in case you dont, this is what it looks like
report.gif

eels81236

Bench
TBH I'm not. I just think that the club has a responsibility to investigate, and if any of the current board/executive did the dodgy then I wouldn't expect any less of their successors.

Fitzy did a lot of good things for this club, and we won 4 premierships while he was running the place. That will never be taken away. By the same token, it doesn't absolve him from wrongdoings, especially if they have cost the club a significant amount of money.

Agreed.

bartman

Immortal
Ah yes. I didn't think about that. Hopefully no players were "cleaning".

It could explain alot though.
That was my first thought on that article too... hope they (courts, NRL?) investigate this thoroughly, and whatever they find at least it will be out in the open and we have to cop the news sweet.

How embarassing if all this boils down to an "inventive" way to get around the cap, during all our years of not winning any premierships :crazy:.

parra pete

Referee
It is if it doesn't come side-by-side an ability to sense when the wool is being pulled over your eyes.

I have known Fitzy for over 45 years...AND yeah, he is a mate, and I still consider him a mate. I enjoy catching up to him, which, unfortunately, these days is pretty rare. I always caught up with him during football visits when I used to go and watch Parra play.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I have known Fitzy for over 45 years...AND yeah, he is a mate, and I still consider him a mate. I enjoy catching up to him, which, unfortunately, these days is pretty rare. I always caught up with him during football visits when I used to go and watch Parra play.
I wasn't talking specifically Pete, it was a general comment. Don't know any of the situations well enough to comment about them specifically, I was merely responding to a question you asked to which I had a general comment about. I've met a lot of people who if taken on face value would seem genuine, but weren't. Generally they aren't my mates because I have a good bullshit radar and my instincts make me keep them at arms length.

Stagger eel

Staff member

it's great that you show some loyalty pete but a real shame that he doesn't do the same, especially with certain people who have backed him for many many years..

parra pete

Referee
it's great that you show some loyalty pete but a real shame that he doesn't do the same, especially with certain people who have backed him for many many years..

I can't help what Fitzy does. I have always found him to be a good bloke, whose company I enjoy. I can only judge him as a mate, and he has always treated me well.
I have no embarrassment in saying "Fitzy is my friend". NONE

strider

Post Whore
you have a fine set of blinkers on pete .... everyone you know is great, but all the others get judged to hell

I remember the AGM when 3P won and him telling Ovo every word to say and what to do, you could tell he had complete control over them, rather than the other way around!

He built the club the way he wanted and had "yes men" all around, obviously got power hungry and greedy and that lead to his demise imo......

I may not be that impressed with the lot I voted in but thank f*ck this guy and all involved with his administration are essentially gone!

You might have been surprised at he last FC AGM.

Lets be honest here, the people we elect don't run AGM's all the time, and the CE O's have to know how to run them so as they can be legal.

Then again, and never doubt that I am a friend of the man, but for 5 years before that day, Ovo keep welcoming everyone with good evening, at 10:00am in the morning.

btaag

Juniors
I can't help what Fitzy does. I have always found him to be a good bloke, whose company I enjoy. I can only judge him as a mate, and he has always treated me well.
I have no embarrassment in saying "Fitzy is my friend". NONE

It is not all about you - no embarrassment - good luck to you. :)

Let the courts sort this out - I am steering clear and not casting aspersions against anyone (including Fitz)

parra pete

Referee
you have a fine set of blinkers on pete .... everyone you know is great, but all the others get judged to hell

That's because of the type of bloke I am I suppose. I stand by my friends, good or bad times. A friend in need is a friend in deed. My friendships are based on mutual respect. If you are different to that, so be it Strider, I can't do anything about how you form friendships, or maintain them, or treat people who are your friends. As I have said, if we were all alike, it'd be a funny old world.

parra pete

Referee
It is not all about you - no embarrassment - good luck to you. :)

Let the courts sort this out - I am steering clear and not casting aspersions against anyone (including Fitz)

I was not suggesting it was anything about me. I was answering a post by TPB about my friendship with Denis...

parra pete

Referee
Fair enough. Apologies.

No need to apologise. No offence taken by me. Everyone has opinions on things. Denis is the sort of person who obviously raises the hackles of people. I have always treated him as a person, rather than a football administrator..I think he was a good administrator and is a good person.
I know nothing of these 'allegations' made against him; they don't concern me, nor do they change how I view Denis as a friend...

Latest posts