What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzgerald v Parramatta

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I just can't work out why we would have paid so much without regularly putting it up for tender.

It seems like such a simple thing that really should have been done.

Something very dodgy had gone on with the previous management involved. I hope no players "were cleaning the club as well"

mickdo

Coach
When did the salary cap come in? If this all started in 84 then that might be too far a stretch

Gronk

Staff member
The NRL was formed in 1997. Gee I hope we don't lose all those premierships. :crazy:

Jodeci

Bench
I hope the club follows this up 100%. You just can't be allowed to get away with corruption of the scale that is being alleged. Even if it ends up with not enough evidence for court proceedings (who knows how much of a workout the shredder had in the last days of Fitzy) then it is still the responsibility of the club to pursue it.

I think your up setting a few of the Fitzy followers....

mickdo

Coach
I think your up setting a few of the Fitzy followers....

TBH I'm not. I just think that the club has a responsibility to investigate, and if any of the current board/executive did the dodgy then I wouldn't expect any less of their successors.

Fitzy did a lot of good things for this club, and we won 4 premierships while he was running the place. That will never be taken away. By the same token, it doesn't absolve him from wrongdoings, especially if they have cost the club a significant amount of money.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
I remember the AGM when 3P won and him telling Ovo every word to say and what to do, you could tell he had complete control over them, rather than the other way around!

He built the club the way he wanted and had "yes men" all around, obviously got power hungry and greedy and that lead to his demise imo......

I may not be that impressed with the lot I voted in but thank f*ck this guy and all involved with his administration are essentially gone!

mickdo

Coach
I remember the AGM when 3P won and him telling Ovo every word to say and what to do, you could tell he had complete control over them, rather than the other way around!

He built the club the way he wanted and had "yes men" all around, obviously got power hungry and greedy and that lead to his demise imo......

I may not be that impressed with the lot I voted in but thank f*ck this guy and all involved with his administration are essentially gone!

30 years is way too long for anyone in a position of power to stay in the same role. Governments, boards, CEO's etc all need to be turned over every now and then otherwise familiarity breeds contempt and the temptation of bending the rules to suit themselves just becomes too great.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think poor old pete is fighting another battle keeping his beloved Furners at the country club.

parra pete

Referee
I think poor old pete is fighting another battle keeping his beloved Furners at the country club.

David is signed for a couple more years. The Raiders are coming good, still confident of them stringing together a few. In my opinion there are not too many better - or more solid blokes in the NRL than David and Donny Furner. Good blokes and good mates
AND yeah, Fitzy is a mate of mine also..I think people on here should be careful of dragging his reputation through the mud, and I am amazed that some of the comments on here have not been 'moderated'.
AND Stagger, I am not 'poor old pete'...I am proud old pete..:lol:
I treat people as I find them...Is that a bad trait?

carson

Juniors
30 years is way too long for anyone in a position of power to stay in the same role. Governments, boards, CEO's etc all need to be turned over every now and then otherwise familiarity breeds contempt and the temptation of bending the rules to suit themselves just becomes too great.

30 years is way too long, leads to the cutting of corners and the bypassing of systems designed to stop these things. I also think the board has to shoulder as much of the blame as Fitzy. Why didn't they question these things, how did they let it get this bad. What did they gain by letting these things happen. Fitzy was their employee...not the other way around.

Latest posts