What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzhenry

daslacker

Juniors
Now i've been known to bag him and from what he has dished up was IMO deservedly so.

But watching him at hooker last night i thought he was great.His passing was so quick and didn't look out of place like he did in the backline.With senter and mears likely to go i hope he if we play two hooker he is one.

Kid

Juniors
Fitzy has never belonged in a 1st grade backline and never will. He does go very well at hooker. The one thing i would really like to see our club do for the rest of this year and definately next, is piss off this 2 hooker business. It's a waste of a sub as far as i'm concerned. It's almost akin to subbing your 1/2 back every 20 mins.

daslacker

Juniors
I have never agreed with two hooker in the 17.But if we are going to continue with it i wouldn't complain if it's fitzy

ozcrusader

Bench
Agreed.

He has pace of the mark and find gaps...but his defence is really ordinary...

If Wilson is out, I would still put him in the centres though - that's his prime position. I would also recombine Moodie and Elford since they defend well together .

1. Hodgson
2. Moodie
3. Elford
4. Fitzhenry
5. Richards

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Too many people have a hatred for Fitzhenry and I believe that they don't know why.

He is a great player at hooker. I recall saying he was good with the ball in his hands and being criticised for saying so.

His omission from the team due to injury, in my opinion, coincided with our poor form.

He comes back and plays at hooker again and straight away we hit our straps, our forwards start making metres and our attack looks damaging.

Tackles made 242
Tackles missed 29
Tackle % 89.30% successful
Line Breaks 1
Hit Ups 135
Dummy Half Runs 68
Metres Gained 1031
Handling Errors 11
Off Loads 12
Kicks 21

*doesn't include last night*

ozcrusader

Bench
madunit said:
His omission from the team due to injury, in my opinion, coincided with our poor form.

You are effing kidding me.

Our poor form coincided with ONE thing and ONE thing only - the loss of B.Marshall in the no 6 jersey.

Fitzhenry? What the hell has he done all year? ONE line break? He is a talented centre and that's it.

BJ

Juniors
fitzy is a good player.. defensivly questionable.. but in the 14 coming o nwhen opposition forwards are tired he goes alright.. he's quick on his feet.. there's no doubting that.. he added a bit of spark out there.. but it just wasn't him.. alot of players turned up to play last night and that's why we almost beat them

jirskyr

Juniors
Its just his defence that's iffy.

Plus he's quite erratic - good and bad performances all mixed together. Its tough to rule him either in or out based on those performances.

Stellar

Juniors
Im telling you he has made more than one line break. Im a big fan of his and ive counted him making 5. One against the Panthers, Roosters(first game), Raiders(first game), Bulldogs(first game) and Storm.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Fitzhenry may have been missed around the ruck when we were in poor form, but only one players absence cost us and it was Marshall.

westie

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
Fitzhenry may have been missed around the ruck when we were in poor form, but only one players absence cost us and it was Marshall.

Yes, I also miss his constant allowing of oppo players to walk straight over the top of him.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
westie said:
hybrid_tiger said:

Yes, I also miss his constant allowing of oppo players to walk straight over the top of him.

When he was playing were were at times brilliant in attack and you know it westie.

His defence was steadily improving. He is 19 and just out of high school FFS!

ozcrusader

Bench
westie said:
hybrid_tiger said:

You are a deadset knobjockey.

bonstonker

Juniors
fitzy has had his knockers,but it was because he was being played at 5/8.
5/8 is one of the toughest positions on the field,and while fitzy won't lose you a game,he doesn't have the skill to win you one either at 5/8.
and let's be honest,not many in the comp can at 5/8.put simply we do not get enough of his strengths when played at 5/8.he has a great running game,and we never saw it at 5/8.

his defense out wide is not up to scratch either,with most of his 29 misses made there.i like his defense in close to the ruck where he has the help of less lateral movement by the opposition.

i want him as our 14 next year.i want farah as starting hooker and if he can't play the full 80min then fitzy is your back up hooker.
we need to put him where he can showcase his talent,and hide any weaknesses and that is hooker.

JOELCORE

Juniors
Not only as a backup hooker he can slot in any postion in the backline and even in the backrow in really needed.He is a great utility and is good option on our bench.

cadburys

Juniors
Kid said:
Fitzy has never belonged in a 1st grade backline and never will. He does go very well at hooker. The one thing i would really like to see our club do for the rest of this year and definately next, is piss off this 2 hooker business. It's a waste of a sub as far as i'm concerned. It's almost akin to subbing your 1/2 back every 20 mins.

Can't agree, i remember in his debut season, when he had some game time at fullback, he was very dangerous in attack, especially returning the football.

Some people have either short memories or have'nt been watching the game long enough.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wrighty79

Juniors
I rate Fitzy, always have. I rate him even more than ever considering he got my jersey signed for me. Thanks Fitzty! I hope we re-sign you, come next year.

HOT028

Juniors
i thought he played ok but he really needs to work on his defence and not just jumper grab, he missed a lot of tackles on friday.