What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy Now Fullback?

I hate to sound like a broken record with my "love" of Taumata....BUT...where will Ryan play if Fitzi is at fullback and Taumata is on the wing/centre???? I'd rather Ryan in the top 17 week in week out than Fitzi...

macnaz

Staff member
Well done Fitz, he was pretty safe in dreadful conditions. Great take of that bomb when he knew he was going to get smashed as soon as he took it...

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Nobody can honestly say that Fitzy was bad tonight.

He was solid, safe and error free.

In those conditions no one can expect a Brett Mullins like performance.

Please remove any trace of personal vendetta and look at the game objectively and you will see he played well.

To say otherwise only proves you to be a bad judge.

Still a weak ass player.
Coach should no look for a way to keep a crap player in the 17 he should be simply be picking the best 17 players available in the positions.

Slow, short, weak, break no tackles = super average.

Tbh Beau ryan is an average player - but puts in plenty and earns his spot.
Fitzyhenry is sheens adopted son hence he get a contract and keeps on getting picked.

Lazy coaching from Sheens.
Sheens seriously picks the sh*ttest teams in the comp. Tigers have two nsw cup team and plenty of talent available.
I cant stand how sometime he picks two backs on the bench. I wouldnt even pick one - im sure dwyer or somebody could cover centre if injury occurs.

Push him out now. Put a PR spin on it and say he wants to focus on the aussie job.

Had a very solid game, I was impressed and at the same time surprised.

I still think Ryan would be the better option though, it's not as though Ryan was playing poorly in the past.

Borat.

Juniors
He was poor in the first half and did his job in the second. I thought he got out of dummy half well on a few occasions and he caught a few difficult bombs.

Regardless of how he played, he shouldn't be anywhere near the first grade side.

Well I thought he was great- but it goes without saying he shouldn't be anywhere near the first grade side....!

Vic Mackey

Referee
No mistakes?

He dropped the inside ball from Marshall with the line wide open, then dropped the grinned from dureau late in the first half.

Wow he made 125ms.....that's not even par for a fullback you geniuss

just because we won a game some of you blokes have become deluded

Perth Tiger

Bench
I can't believe people are saying he played great. :crazy:

Credit to him, he had an average game (good by his standards) and kept the mistakes to a minimum. But the standard he played at is the bare minimum that you should expect from a first grade player, particularly for some one with his experience!

As I said, credit to fitzy for the performance last night but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Radical Rat

Juniors
No mistakes?

He dropped the inside ball from Marshall with the line wide open, then dropped the grinned from dureau late in the first half.

Wow he made 125ms.....that's not even par for a fullback you geniuss

just because we won a game some of you blokes have become deluded

No one is saying that we want him back there permanantly and every single bloke on here has bagged the f**k out of him all year, including me.

However if you can all honestly say that putting your prejudice of him aside, you think Fitz had a sh!t game last night, then I really have to question your knowledge of League.

Considering the conditions, he was fantastic. He was awesome under the highball, he made plenty of good metres out of dummy half, he diffused a few tricky kicks (whoever that farkwit who said "he ran it over the sideline", ummm....tell me exactly what he was supposed to do? would you prefer he just let Vuna grab it and score)

Sure he made a few errors, but look at the conditions, tough for any fullback, let alone Fitzhenry. Pleny of other people where a lot worse. The Tele is praising Benji, I thought Benji had a sh!thouse game, aside from the last 5 mins.

In conclusion, I don't want to see Fitz back next week, or any other week. But farkin hell, credit where credit is due. You blokes are just giving to him out of spite.

Vic Mackey

Referee
No one is saying that we want him back there permanantly and every single bloke on here has bagged the f**k out of him all year, including me.

However if you can all honestly say that putting your prejudice of him aside, you think Fitz had a sh!t game last night, then I really have to question your knowledge of League.

Considering the conditions, he was fantastic. He was awesome under the highball, he made plenty of good metres out of dummy half, he diffused a few tricky kicks (whoever that farkwit who said "he ran it over the sideline", ummm....tell me exactly what he was supposed to do? would you prefer he just let Vuna grab it and score)

Sure he made a few errors, but look at the conditions, tough for any fullback, let alone Fitzhenry. Pleny of other people where a lot worse. The Tele is praising Benji, I thought Benji had a sh!thouse game, aside from the last 5 mins.

In conclusion, I don't want to see Fitz back next week, or any other week. But farkin hell, credit where credit is due. You blokes are just giving to him out of spite.

bullsh*t. i have said his second half was passable. yep the bomb he took where cross belted him was fantastic, great take. however his first half was terrible and reminded me of the days when we had mcdonnell at fullback.

benji was absolute dogsballs aswell. lui set up 3 of the tries and farah the other, benji was close to the worst player on the park imo

ucantseeme

Juniors
Fitzhenry got the job done. It wasn't Jarryd Hayne-esque but solid and contributed to us getting the win.

Beau Ryan dropped the bomb that lost us the Roosters game. That was on a sunny arvo, so he would most likely be even more shaking on a wet and windy night in Newcastle.

Tigers win. I'm happy.

Das Hassler

Bench
There are some seriously sad sacks of sh*t on this board....you actually think the schoolyard attacks you make on a player that is actually living a life (which you idiots obviously are not) are something akin to constructive critisism..it's not ..it's just cowardice. If you are so right and so so passionate about your club that you have to spew the same bile over and over again then go to training..wait till the session is over and ask to speak to Fitzhenry (in front of his teammates) then tell him what you think straight to his face..and here's the hard part..say it like a grown man..that's the part you idiots have never had any experience in

(edit) Well there ya go..the Fitzaphobes actually are famous for a day..your 15 minutes of fame is on the ABC league section..unfortuanately i can't paste the link because i don't have 20 posts on the speedo..maybe you can get your mum to find it for you

Last edited:
There are some seriously sad sacks of sh*t on this board....you actually think the schoolyard attacks you make on a player that is actually living a life (which you idiots obviously are not) are something akin to constructive critisism..it's not ..it's just cowardice. If you are so right and so so passionate about your club that you have to spew the same bile over and over again then go to training..wait till the session is over and ask to speak to Fitzhenry (in front of his teammates) then tell him what you think straight to his face..and here's the hard part..say it like a grown man..that's the part you idiots have never had any experience in

Blah blah blah

(edit) Well there ya go..the Fitzaphobes actually are famous for a day..your 15 minutes of fame is on the ABC league section..unfortuanately i can't paste the link because i don't have 20 posts on the speedo..maybe you can get your mum to find it for you

I was acrtually thinking of getting your mum to find it for me, but she's a bit busy tonguing my gooch at the moment.

jasonl

Juniors
In all honesty and all bias aside.

I'm sure Daniel Fitzhernry is a nice bloke simply trying to make a living out of football and I respect that.

However, having watched him perform in so very many games over so very many years I would have to say that Daniel is probably the least well equipped, least skilled NRL player I have seen in the past 10 years.

There were games back 5-6 years ago where I would watch in stunned disbelief and think what exactly does this man have to do to get dropped?

Given the skillset required of the RL winger is the least of any of the game's positions - let's face it, anyone who's fast, athletic and has decent hands can be trained into the position fairly quickly (it aint like developing a halfback) and given that each season we see even bigger, faster, freakier players coming in to the game in wing positions, it's even more mystifying how such a player could be offered a 1st grade NRL contract, aged 30, after 2 years in ESL.

That's beyond strange - that's creepy.

Anyway, it's not the guy's fault that this coach (who is notorious for playing favorites) picks him each week. Like Morris or McDonnel he can only turn up and do his best.

However, if his best at this level is crap (and unfortunately for all concerned it is), why should the fans not be allowed to vent their displeasure (online or otherwise)?

And when they do simply get dismissed with a wave of the hand by a dickhead like Sheens as "not true WT fans"?

You gotta be kidding?

As to all the Daniel Fitzhenry defenders out there, ask yourselves this simple question:

Name one NRL club that would currently name or within the past 10 seasons have named this player in their starting 17?

Hmm?

First three correct answers recieve a copy of the DVD "Fitzy - A Life in Football - The Golden Moments Part 1".

Direct

Juniors
Name one NRL club that would currently name or within the past 10 seasons have named this player in their starting 17?

Some of the blokes over in the Sharks forum are saying they'd welcome him into their side.

Latest posts