What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

10$ Ferret

Staff member
What a debacle. The only person who deserves any sympathy out of this debacle is Higgins.
the problem is that its getting very murky and the more I hear, the more I wonder what happened if anything. She certainly isn't coming across as the fragile young woman that we were told she was.
The Fiancé seems more concerned with the bottom line than his partners well being

Pneuma

First Grade
the problem is that its getting very murky and the more I hear, the more I wonder what happened if anything. She certainly isn't coming across as the fragile young woman that we were told she was.
The Fiancé seems more concerned with the bottom line than his partners well being
The partner worries me greatly. Check his story out if you can find it particularly relating to his ex wife and her house.

taipan

Referee
Gotta say the more I see and hear Bandana Bob and his wife over the years, I get the feeling someone nicked their dummies as babies, and they have been bitter ever since.
They seem to create more problems than they solve.Bandana gets it wrong 99.9% of the time.

DIOGENES

Juniors
From today’s effort, he has heard the rumour that Saudi Arabia is buying Rugby Australia for $250M, so they can buy NRL players and win the World Cup.

Where it doesn’t fit is with the madness in Australian rugby gorging itself on Saudi Arabian blood money. In my view, if it happened, the game in this country would lose half of its remaining support overnight and it ultimately would destroy the code. The values of rugby that make people gravitate to it – community, decency, inclusiveness, one-in-all-in, Australian-ness – are as far from the values of the Saudi government as it is possible to get. The Oz rugby community would rightly revolt.

Hard to know if he is delusional. Personally, if it means the end of RA, I hope it is bought by a combination of the Saudi Arabians, Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un

Incorrect

Coach
. The values of rugby that make people gravitate to it – community, decency, inclusiveness, one-in-all-in, Australian-ness –
This is the part that made me want to vomit... Could he be any more cringeworthy or cheesy??

What f**king people are gravitating to Australian rugby?? It's a fast rotting carcass on the Australian sporting landscape.

DIOGENES

Juniors
This is the part that made me want to vomit... Could he be any more cringeworthy or cheesy??

What f**king people are gravitating to Australian rugby?? It's a fast rotting carcass on the Australian sporting landscape.
Yes incorrect, the more I thought about it - this stuck in my mind. A game that thrives on its elitism described as inclusive by one whose life has been one of privilege

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
Yes incorrect, the more I thought about - this stuck in my mind. A game that thrives on its elitism described as inclusive by one whose live has been one of privilege
Exactly. These toffs living on the lower north shore and eastern suburbs who blab endlessly about how they love a battler, and they go in to bat for the underdog and empathise with all those doing it tough on the city's outskirts and yada yada yada.... the only time they cross the ANZAC bridge is to go watch the Wallabies get reamed by the All Blacks at Homebush and can't get out of the joint quick enough at fulltime...

Bombshell CCTV of Brittany Higgins and Bruce Lehrmann at Parliament House
Seven News Spotlight has aired never before seen CCTV footage of the night Bruce Lehrmann and Brittany Higgins arrived at Parliament... more
View more related videos

A top silk acting in defamation proceedings involving Bruce Lehrmann has demanded to know why crucial CCTV depicting Mr Lehrmann and Brittany Higgins at Parliament House on the night of her alleged rape has not been disclosed in a subpoena.
Numerous parties – including author Peter FitzSimons, publisher Penguin Random House and ABC journalist Laura Tingle – are being subpoenaed in Federal Court defamation proceedings lodged by the former political staffer against Network 10, journalist Lisa Wilkinson and the ABC.
On Friday, the court was told Parliament House “did not have” some of the CCTV from the night of March 22, 2019 which captured the pair together in Canberra.

Former political staffer Bruce Lehrmann (pictured) is suing Network 10, journalist Lisa Wilkinson and the ABC for defamation over broadcasts he claims defamed him by suggesting he raped Brittany Higgins at Parliament House. Mr Lehrmann has denied all allegations. Picture: NCA NewsWire/ Flavio Brancaleone

Former political staffer Bruce Lehrmann (pictured) is suing Network 10, journalist Lisa Wilkinson and the ABC for defamation over broadcasts he claims defamed him by suggesting he raped Brittany Higgins at Parliament House. Mr Lehrmann has denied all allegations. Picture: NCA NewsWire/ Flavio Brancaleone
Sue Chrysanthou SC, acting for Ms Wilkinson, noted some of the footage had already been broadcast.
“(It’s) concerning there isn’t full production (of the footage),” she said.
“Given the relevance of the footage to the facts in issue between the parties, we think there should be some explanation as to why that material hasn’t been produced.”
Mr Lehrmann is suing Network 10 and Ms Wilkinson over their coverage in 2021 of Ms Higgins’ allegations.
While he was not named in the initial reports, Mr Lehrmann claims he was still identified by the media companies and there were four defamatory meanings in their publication implying he raped Ms Higgins at Parliament House in March 2019.
He has denied all allegations.

Mr Lehrmann is also suing the ABC over it’s live broadcast of Ms Higgins’ address to the National Press Club in February 2022, claiming the broadcast implied he had raped Ms Higgins.
Mr Lehrmann was not named in the speech.
During a case management hearing on Friday, the court was told Mr FitzSimons – a high profile journalist and Ms Wilkinson’s husband – along with Ms Tingle, who presented the NPC address the subject of the ABC’s defamation proceedings, would be subpoenaed to give evidence in the upcoming trial.

Incorrect

Coach
Fitzsimons in his article today talking about Ray Price and his weird stance when opposition goal kickers took shots at penalty goal as a means of "distracting them and putting them off" or words to that effect..... This bloke has no idea about anything when it comes to sport of any kind.

I gave it to him both barrels in the comments section, it won't see the light of day....

The Great Dane

First Grade
From today’s effort, he has heard the rumour that Saudi Arabia is buying Rugby Australia for $250M, so they can buy NRL players and win the World Cup.

Where it doesn’t fit is with the madness in Australian rugby gorging itself on Saudi Arabian blood money. In my view, if it happened, the game in this country would lose half of its remaining support overnight and it ultimately would destroy the code. The values of rugby that make people gravitate to it – community, decency, inclusiveness, one-in-all-in, Australian-ness – are as far from the values of the Saudi government as it is possible to get. The Oz rugby community would rightly revolt.

Hard to know if he is delusional. Personally, if it means the end of RA, I hope it is bought by a combination of the Saudi Arabians, Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un
People have been saying that the fans would reject sportswashing since the practice begun, and it's never happened.

People would forget about the Saudi buyout as soon as the money lead to more stable management and better results on the pitch.

Latest posts