What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

morton's beanie

Juniors
When little old NRL is in a position to be gobbled up how does he imagine ARU are going by that point?

The sticky mess Lisa must've arrived home to after he wrote that, my god!

DIOGENES

Juniors

He has truly lost it this time.
Apparently the surging popularity of RU overseas means that the NRL is dead

The relevant paragraph:
(After saying that Nathan Cleary is about to jump)
Just quietly, I heard this week that we ain’t seen
nothing yet. This is not just because Rugby Australia is suddenly tossing money at leaguies in the hope of bolstering the Wallabies for the coming Lions tour and home World Cup. It is because as rugby continues to explode in popularity overseas, ever more eyes are turning to Australian league players, particularly those with a background in rugby union. Major raids are coming. When it happens, I don’t want you to say you were never warned!

DIOGENES

Juniors
Harry 1 in the on-line comments:

With regards to the current union/league back-and-forth: The NRL if it wished to, could clearly blow RA out of the water financially in any player bidding war. Also don't think there be much of a threat from UK rugby union - where two top clubs have already gone bankrupt and third almost there. Welsh player also reported grumbling about unpaid wages. And about the supposed glories of international travel - these days most people travel - my young grandkids have already travelled extensively internationally. And suggest most league players already travel internationally as much as they want and of course they are able to play RL in the UK and France if they so wish. These days it is all really about money and union players are no less mercenary than their league counterparts. Ultimately if the NRL continues to strictly adhere to its salary cap then inevitably some players will succumb to offers from RA which are way beyond which the NRL and clubs are willing to match. And of course such instances must have a flow on effect to salaries paid to existing union players.

Incorrect

Coach
Surprisingly no mention of Ben Te'o's comments this week about how boring rugby is to play and warning Payne Haas to steer clear...

Pneuma

First Grade

westerntiger

Juniors
Wait is 2pac from Mosman involved in this???

Thought he couldn't go any lower but apparently I'm wrong. He should write a column in the SMH about that awful league thug Dylan Brown and the failure of State of Origin. Only four more years until the real rugby lays down the law with it's huge World Cup in Australia