What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five things we learned vs the eels

mickeylane

Bench
1. GARVEY IS THE 2ND BEST HOOKER AT THE CLUB

2. DRAGONS PLAYER DEPTH IS LACKING -

3. REFEREES ARE TERRIBLY INCONSISTENT (Cost us 1 Try at least)

4. OUR ATTACK IS STILL FINDING ITS FEET

5. DRAGONS STARTING TO DEPEND TOO MUCH ON BENJI

1. Marshall is f**king useless

2. Nabuli isn't first grade standard

3. Attack finding its feet is getting old

4. Stop blaming the refs thats old to

5. Mary needs more players but won't get any

2010Dragons

Bench
Benji just can't kick the ball
Benji love the fan in row A at pirtek aways pass ot to him. Is his mum sitting in row A?
Our halves have been reading too much about there own press
Widdip had another shocker
Benji had another shocker
Carbon copy of roosters game.

mickeylane

Bench

lets be serious Marshall was along w Dugan by far the most effective players for the Dragons - Marshall is in the top 5 players in NRL as demonstrated w Dally M votes - he will pick up another point tonite for sure...h'es trying....

The Nick

Bench

Marshall is useless? Ok he hasn't been great in patches the last couple of games and admittedly his kicking game is off at the moment, but apart from that I'm not sure what season you've been watching?

Mary needs more players? Google "salary cap".

1. Flo was out
2. DeBelin was out
3. Rein was out
4. They won't let Packer play.
5. A reliable goal kicker was out and has been all season.

possm

Coach

Selections was the main problem:
Justin Hunt for Farrell
O'Brien for Marketo

Widdop to do most of the kicking after last weeks issues.

The team to run the ball hot potato on tackles 3, 4 and 5 in the last 10 minutes of the game and resist the urge to throw wild passes to no one.

His kicking game, his passing game and his general play is way off and yes I have been watching.

Did you read I said need but won't get and yes I know what a salary cap.

If Marshall is so effective why does he persist in rubbish plays same as Widdopm again with the game on the line they failed.

You can go google that is you like.

The Nick

Bench
That final 10 minutes he was threatening every time he touched the ball and I was thinking "how good is it to have a clutch player on our team during these tense moments!?" But credit to Parramatta their defense was desperate and proved to be too good.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Benj was ok but got a little frantic at times and needed to slow down a little>Our defence around Farrell was poor and I have no idea why things went so pear shape down that side and maybe was due to overall tiredness from Rorters game.

Mr Red

First Grade
Big loss tonight IMO. Could hurt us big time in the run home. Teams that are the real deal dont lose these matches despite the few players we had out. Marshall and Widdop should be good enough to steer the team to victory in these matches if we are to be a genuine threat in the finals

I think they have done well so far but now are being found out and are going back to the one dimensional plays.

If they finish in the top 8 now I'll be happy I don't see a top 4 finish and honestly i see them slipping out the top 8 completely.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Big loss tonight IMO. Could hurt us big time in the run home. Teams that are the real deal dont lose these matches despite the few players we had out. Marshall and Widdop should be good enough to steer the team to victory in these matches if we are to be a genuine threat in the finals

yep I have to agree mate...and also they had players out as well.....Thought Marshall and Widdop looked void of ideas at times and panicked when a cool experienced head was needed....was a costly loss tonight especially with The Cowboys having 3 or 4 big stars out next week, was a good chance to put 4 points in the bank.

SET2JT

Juniors
Look Thompson and Frizzell never came back on. A couple calls went the Eels way. Atkens try and Farrells were 50/50 calls. Their try Sandow gets the ball on the inside shoulder. Last replay definitely shows it.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Farrell and nabuli are useless as well . Unfortunately,we prob need at least one of them on one wing for the rest of this season with the way it has been going.

1. Garvey is ready for first grade
2. Both our wingers tonight were average plodders
3. Halves are trying too hard
4. 50/50 calls have deserted us these past three weeks
5. We lack the depth and quality to be in the top 4

All is not lost. Merely another reality check for our players.

Now it is up to the collective coaching staff to rev the players up for next week. They are doing as well as they can given their ability and our mounting injury toll. Come on Saints !!!

Time to inject some size in to the side.

We cannot compete without some grunt up front.

Need O'Brien and or Rose now. No point having Le'Strange, Garvey and Marketo together in the 17 against the bigger more aggressive packs.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
The main tell tale sign when we are likely to lose......Marshall goes for those low percentage trick shots that may have come off 10 years ago, but don't anymore. When will he ever learn that less is more?
Yeah, they need to tweak a few things now. And I agree, carrying Marketo is a waste, we do need a bigger body on the bench, even if it is O'brien or Rose.

Mary and co need to figure out fast how to get us out of this mini form slump.

giboz71

First Grade
1. It's too hard to defend our way to victory every week.
2. Halves are trying to hard because no one else in our team can create scoring opportunities.
3. Dugan, other then being individually brilliant, offers nothing to our attack. See point 2.
4. We have no depth. Our replacements Marketo, Garvey, Nabuli and Farrell wouldn't see first grade in any other side.
5. The one positive...Aitken is ready to break out.