What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno assistant coach,,...?

BBTB

Juniors
So simple that the board can see that Brown was punted from Newcastle via player power.
Not a glowing endorsement....rather have Millward :oops:... sorry I meant Young...no...I mean Ryles....no he is an old boy too..bloody hell
How about Kimmorley?...he nearly played for us!
:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Funny how Widdop's injury is always thrown in as a huge reason for a bad season. But, when he did come back to the Saints in Round 19 they were on 14pts and Bronco's who were 8th were on 19. If Saints were good enough then they could have still snuck in to the 8.

Bronco's finished on 25. They got 3 wins in the last 7 rounds. If Widdop is that good and such a huge impact to the side, then surely they would have won more than 2 games when he returned from injury for the last 7 rounds? Dogs in the same period finished on 22 with 3 more wins than the Saints. Dogs won 5 from 7 and against some top 8 sides in the mix.

But hey no matter if Widdop came back in round 14, I am sure they would have still struggled and not made the 8.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Funny how Widdop's injury is always thrown in as a huge reason for a bad season. But, when he did come back to the Saints in Round 19 they were on 14pts and Bronco's who were 8th were on 19. If Saints were good enough then they could have still snuck in to the 8.

Bronco's finished on 25. They got 3 wins in the last 7 rounds. If Widdop is that good and such a huge impact to the side, then surely they would have won more than 2 games when he returned from injury for the last 7 rounds? Dogs in the same period finished on 22 with 3 more wins than the Saints. Dogs won 5 from 7 and against some top 8 sides in the mix.

But hey no matter if Widdop came back in round 14, I am sure they would have still struggled and not made the 8.
Not Widdop's fault either. Our teams confidence, mojo, desire to win, respect for coach and game plans was shot by the time he come back. No coming back from what happened Round 7 - Round 18.
Playing Tariq injured even though he got selected for origin god knows how on his form....Ben Hunt coaching decision debacle for the Panthers game was the nail.
All roads lead to MMcG
And I believe Widdop knew he was not leaving a premiership winning side anyway hence and I understand his decision make the move while you still can and play. His shoulder would be a massive worry going forward.
One more dislocation and its career over.
And why would any player have respect for Mary as a coach. A player Yes but coach I cant see how.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I am not saying it is Widdop's fault at all but using his injury as a cop out to a bad season is pathetic. If he was out the whole season then they could have gone to town with this poor excuse but he wasn't which shows that it was not Widdop's injury that contributed to the bad season but rather further proof how badly they were coached. I used the Dogs as a example that Saints could have easily made the 8 and were more than capable of winning more games on Widdop's return as they had the squad but could only win 2 games when it mattered.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Flanno can be assistant coach and I nominate our new coach to be the guy who is coaching the Aussy Women. Don't laugh this guy has a team of girls playing an attacking style of footy that makes me salivate. In addition they tackle and they gave away so much weight against a clearly larger kiwi side.
I prefer to watch the girls now I thought it was just a fad when introduced but the international stand is amazing.

jak

Bench
Flanno can be assistant coach and I nominate our new coach to be the guy who is coaching the Aussy Women. Don't laugh this guy has a team of girls playing an attacking style of footy that makes me salivate. In addition they tackle and they gave away so much weight against a clearly larger kiwi side.
I prefer to watch the girls now I thought it was just a fad when introduced but the international stand is amazing.
i always prefer to watch girls

Dragonsamy

Bench
A mate was talking to him the other day as said "get some wingers that catch the ball", Flanno said "yes I know what you mean".
CC

CC
It was suggested to SuperCoach last year to get someone in to help train the wingers and the other back line players to catch correctly. Something like what the Melbourne Storm do with an AFL players and help them to learn to catch correctly. But of course SuperCoach new better!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Nice to dream Dragsters.
I don't think JD would ever come back to the dragons.
He was shafted without any lube

If Demetriou was “the real deal”, he’d be in charge of an NRL side by now. I just don’t see him coaching ANY club....EVER!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If Demetriou was “the real deal”, he’d be in charge of an NRL side by now. I just don’t see him coaching ANY club....EVER!

I'm sure JD will take over from Wayne at Souths.
Interestingly, Souths have just appointed Sutton and Inglis as assistant coaches (development roles from juniors to the 1st grade team). Willie Peters, who was an assistant coach and Shane Millard, who was their CC coach, have departed for "assistant coaching roles at other clubs."
I wonder where?

Edit: Willie Peters joins the Knights as attack coach.
Of course its crickets at the Dragons.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/28/inglis-and-sutton-join-rabbitohs-coaching-staff/

BLM01

First Grade
I'm sure JD will take over from Wayne at Souths.
Interestingly, Souths have just appointed Sutton and Inglis as assistant coaches (development roles from juniors to the 1st grade team). Willie Peters, who was an assistant coach and Shane Millard, who was their CC coach, have departed for "assistant coaching roles at other clubs."
I wonder where?
Of course its crickets at the Dragons.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/28/inglis-and-sutton-join-rabbitohs-coaching-staff/
Both played for the Dragons and probably not that good...
so a chance with us in some capacity as meet the criteria

Latest posts