What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno assistant coach,,...?

BLM01

First Grade
Thanks.
If the club wants to win in 2020, I really hope they do something about the pre-season conditioning. Clearly, there are problems with their long-term fitness levels. It would be nice to have Flanno give some input on this. The fact that Gould didn't find anything shows he did a less than thorough job. How can a side known across the NRL for the second half of the season fades not have issues with their physical preparation? Unless, you put it all on Mary and his use of the bench etc.
Gould did not have to do a thorough job. Once you identify no culture...the rest means nothing
Job done.
Even if they have got the sports science and fitness right.

BLM01

First Grade
Yes mate, however it seems this is one way Mary gets to keep his job and Flanno stays employed.

Lets see what pans out.
This...I might be alone but I am happy the board is not paying him out to do SFA
I just dont want him in the big seat thinking he is still KING. It is clear to me he is not and will be OVERRULED by others and then the KING's reign becomes untenanble.
It is a process they are undertaking to support and justify their expenses for the short term and that the fact the board were not unaminous in flicking him immediately
Just wait and see who is around him. What they have had in the past and finally the Penny has dropped are cheaper options without a real resume for what they were looking for.
His days are now well and truly numbered....NOW...we start on building the culture yet again.

getsmarty

Immortal
This...I might be alone but I am happy the board is not paying him out to do SFA
I just dont want him in the big seat thinking he is still KING. It is clear to me he is not and will be OVERRULED by others and then the KING's reign becomes untenanble.
It is a process they are undertaking to support and justify their expenses for the short term and that the fact the board were not unaminous in flicking him immediately
Just wait and see who is around him. What they have had in the past and finally the Penny has dropped are cheaper options without a real resume for what they were looking for.
His days are now well and truly numbered....NOW...we start on building the culture yet again.

Thanks Chief....It will be a happy day when we are finally free from the current coach......

My Prediction...mass celebrations all over the city from dedicated Dragons fans.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Gould did not have to do a thorough job. Once you identify no culture...the rest means nothing
Job done.
Even if they have got the sports science and fitness right.

BLM01, are you saying the Culture Club at the Dragons, with Boy Paul singing, "Do You Really Want To Sack Me" is not working?

sorry ...................................................... l'm going now.

TruSaint

Referee
Has anyone else heard that the Flanno deal, whilst announced by the nrl site, is still being thrashed out?

I posted , maybe naively, that since neither Flanno nor the Club have disputed the deal is was done. Im now to believe it is not. Yet.

Very interested to see if I was too presumptuous of the announcement. Issues i have been told revolve around tenure, pay and NRL HQ oversight.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Has anyone else heard that the Flanno deal, whilst announced by the nrl site, is still being thrashed out?

I posted , maybe naively, that since neither Flanno nor the Club have disputed the deal is was done. Im now to believe it is not. Yet.

Very interested to see if I was too presumptuous of the announcement. Issues i have been told revolve around tenure, pay and NRL HQ oversight.
Seems to me it started as a rumour gave some hope and they accepted it as real. Nothing's real until rolled out by the club in front of media.

BLM01

First Grade

I am also to be believe it will be sorted and will be happening in some shape or form.
The issues have been agreed in principle but they are waiting on more detail regarding NRL detail or as you put it oversight what part they will play and what he can or cant do and when.... (i.e. can he do some homework prior to Dec 18, can he be invited to training to have a look at least etc etc prior to contract OFFICIALLY starting...which leads onto...
There is an issue around tenure. I am not sure which way or who but one of the parties wants it 2 years and the other 1..which involves also pay received. Starting Dec 18 he is losing basically 7 weeks out of Year 1.

BLM01

First Grade
BLM01, are you saying the Culture Club at the Dragons, with Boy Paul singing, "Do You Really Want To Sack Me" is not working?

sorry ...................................................... l'm going now.
Funny but truly...our culture is back where it was in 2013 / 2014 when we were laughed at by opposition forward packs and Willie Mason as soft and the stumblin, bumblin plays and attack of 2016
And we have the lost the desire of being the best..except Jimmy Graham who cant pull the club together on his own

TruSaint

Referee
I am also to be believe it will be sorted and will be happening in some shape or form.
The issues have been agreed in principle but they are waiting on more detail regarding NRL detail or as you put it oversight what part they will play and what he can or cant do and when.... (i.e. can he do some homework prior to Dec 18, can he be invited to training to have a look at least etc etc prior to contract OFFICIALLY starting...which leads onto...
There is an issue around tenure. I am not sure which way or who but one of the parties wants it 2 years and the other 1..which involves also pay received. Starting Dec 18 he is losing basically 7 weeks out of Year 1.

THat's in line with I have heard to be fair. My contact is not with our club.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
THat's in line with I have heard to be fair. My contact is not with our club. But he does work at NRL HQ.
Mine is but NRL HQ matter most cause they sign off on any contract...and I will keep repeating when you got Managers involved it can all reverse quickly on a minor technacality.
But both parties want him to be a Dragon. Lets hope as i met Flanno a few years ago at a function and seems not like he is in press conferences as the resident whinger.... but pretty smart talking footy (before the peptide incident)

possm

Coach
With all due respect Dennis, it has nothing to do with the payout...Coach has friends in all the right places...I reckon he has called in his last favours....

Hopefully gone by Round 10 next Year...can't come soon enough.

Deals were done during the WIN negotiations and are still playing out. How else would WIN get the nod when the competition offered about 5m more.

BLM01

First Grade
Yes let's get the priorities right; presentation night over the makeup of our squad for 2020.
I am sure thats it. Start thinking about 2020 after a few beers..actually they will have a lucky dip at the presentation. Whoever's name gets drawn out will be kept for 2020. They draw a name every 10 minutes.
So to keep Possm happy you want the squad announced before the preso.?..Not sure why though..what is wrong with before training resumes.

Latest posts