What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno Walks....

Tucky

Juniors
Good post Quigs. All of what's in it applies to me too. Sick of the Donkey's, Nein, Media, etc.

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
As human beings we each have a responsibility to care for humanity. Expressing concern for others brings inner strength and deep satisfaction. As social animals, human beings need friendship, but friendship doesn’t come from wealth and power, but from showing compassion and concern for others.

Suck it up Pmerkin

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
I'm in the same boat as quigs except I'm on the starboard side he's in the port.

Only watch sharks games, the game has been ruined by interchange and kicks.

They've created a game where wingers have to be as big as second rowers and the smaller guys who used to carve up tiring forwards are a thing of the past.

Then there's hookers mights as well call them 3/8ths

Absolutely bloody spot on...

Slow the game up...

Bring back shoulder charges...

The wrestle will disappear...

And less chance of performance drugs i.e. finding the edge as there will be no need for the perfect 'Ivan Drago' physique

And no Cronula problem... They were just not smart enough to get away with it..

taipan

Referee
Stuff the shoulder charges,they were few and far between,did nothing for me.The game is tough enough as is.Look at injuries this year .Raper and Coote would call shoulder charges pussy shots.

Get rid of the wrestling coaches,and tighten up the speed of the tackle/play the ball by reffing a little more harshly.

if the defence has less time to reorganise itself with quicker PTB ,then more backline tries will result and less kicks on the 6th.

The slow PTBs and the monotonous kicks are what gives me the Edgar Britts.

The Poms and Kiwis in the 4 nations showed how its done.A ball tearer of a game.The 4 nations left the NRL for entertainment for dead.

The main problem is not the game,but sh*t head journos who want to grab a negative story to sensationalise because of D.T agendas.Bourbon Bec,Horsehead,and Taliban Ted and Boozer Frothfield.

Before this mob of Z grade journos haunted out lives,we had decent A grade types like Frilingos and Clarkson ,who were fair and criticised when necessary.Miss them dearly.

Once our club gets its sh*t together under Gorman,life will be all fun,froth and bubbles again.You read it here first.

Last edited:

Windy70

Juniors
Ditto on your post Quigs. I used to plan my weekends so I could see as many games as possible, some at home, some at the pub. 2014 I think I watched maybe 20 games all up. Out of every story, tv program, press conference etc now, very little of it is actually about footy. So much bs across the board.

carinashark

First Grade
Maybe it's us? We paid too much to get in, took the kids , cheered too much, later on became members with ET seats and even bought a car park slot. Those were the days eh. Now I watch our Sharks on TV but really the game just doesn't hold me. I only get the tension when we play and that's from waiting for the opposition to cross. I need Shark points , stuff winning just give me tries, a moving attack, bodies in motion , a half that will take on the line. Mm mm starting dribble a bit here.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Yep, RLW was my bible, I only had Austar for the footy, lived it 7 days a week. But then I noticed the trend, favoring the fancy teams, like TV the RLW started being about 4-6 teams. Got rid of austar & now I watch the Sharks & maybe a Sunday arvo 2pm game the Jack Sparrow way.

On what Cb said about coming out & telling all about what went on.... I read an article in Rock, paper, shotgun regarding a developer who released a program that was full of faults, bugs & issues...the release day was a total clusterf**k & made headlines not only in computer circles but major news as well.

The company could have come out & said yeah me messed up, we will fix it, we are sorry, etc, etc. Instead, with every media outlet hounding them for their version of events the company went silent....didnt utter a single word. Every call was politely refused, every email was deleted.

What happened??

Nothing...the requests for interviews stopped, people forgot, the company in question went about doing their job to fix the problems. Sharks need to do the same.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Even if the Sharks win one it won't be the same because the game has gone to shit due to money.

Definitely lost it's edge since SL.

Quigs

Immortal
Even if the Sharks win one it won't be the same because the game has gone to shit due to money.

Definitely lost it's edge since SL.

That's the problem Cools. Us that have roamed the planet for some length of time have slowly watched and predicted the decline.

Oh how I loved just going to the footy and watching 3rds, Reserves and First Grade. Always played at the same ground.

I remember going to an early Donks Sharks game and sitting in the stand and listening to all this amplified chanting .... and looking around and everyone was just sitting there dumbfounded, scratching their arse, or just talking, just doing nothing.

I remembered commenting to my missus, "Lucky they don't announce that everyone should remove their shoes and jewellery and make their way to shower block C for decontamination."

Back then I thought what bloody next.

Re the SL. If it wasn't for that I would say that we (the Sharks) would not be here as we are today)

Latest posts