What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's back

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
heard on 360 during the week that when flanno was on the coaching staff ALL the players respected his feedback and insight . Obviously flanno gave more info out than our coach. We need to somehow get flanno onto the coaching make him attack or defence coach and assisstant to hook . we need better than gentle and head
Listen to the redv Pod Max says the same thing about Hook

possm

Coach
Listen to the redv Pod Max says the same thing about Hook
I'm sure Flannigan has ambitions to be a head coach again. Now that his suspension is ended, being an assistant just won't do it for him.

I say, make Flanno head coach asap, any delay will adversely affect our potential for success in 2023. Taking on the role now will allow Flanno to form a squad that he can work with.

justadragon

Bench
Flano is seen on the training field a fair bit so you would think that he has been imparting some wisdom on the players. If he isn't, the club has got rocks in it's head.
100%, we are one club, unless hook is totally stubborn that he wont accept advice, mind you Flanno was the AC to mary as well and not much happened there, so I dont know really what is happening behind closed doors and unless you are there neither does anyone else.

qld redvee

Juniors
dont know about you guys but Id like an announcement on player signings for next year.. that way we get an idea on type of player flanno has gone for .. and maybe the way the team will play .. Nikora has been the only player mentioned so far

Dragon David

First Grade
Mick Ennis is strongly recommending that the Bulldogs sign up Shane Flanagan as the head coach. He has a very high opinion of him as per the following:-

We committed to extending Hook for another year too early when the club should have been much more selective with Flanagan virtually at the club. Don't know why they just went for Hook for next year? Saved them a lot of headaches I guess not to have to worry about it.
That's the problem with our head office, they don't want hassles and it was easy for them to just extend Hook rather than go through the hassles of telling him 2022 is his last year.

If Flanno does sign with the Bulldogs, I'm going to write off the Dragons for many years.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I think everyone realises that Flanno is Dogs bound & Gus just waiting for the dust to settle before the official announcement.
I’m sure the deal was cut prior to the Baz stagged departure.
Dragons always seem to be reactive in decision making.
Consider Hook was selected just ahead of David Furner, the current Dogs assistant coach whom they didn’t even promote.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I must be the only one but I reckon Flanno is a bit of an entitled wanker. How many jobs does the guy want? One minute he is commentating for fox sports referring to Mat Feagai as 'the young winger', next minute he is our recruitment manager and who have we signed since? Then we hear he is sussing out the bulldogs head coach role too.

Surely if this guy wants to be taken seriously he could at least focus on doing one job whether it be commentary or recruitment managing as opposed to behaving like he is the Messiah in waiting for some down on their luck club.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I must be the only one but I reckon Flanno is a bit of an entitled wanker. How many jobs does the guy want? One minute he is commentating for fox sports referring to Mat Feagai as 'the young winger', next minute he is our recruitment manager and who have we signed since? Then we hear he is sussing out the bulldogs head coach role too.

Surely if this guy wants to be taken seriously he could at least focus on doing one job whether it be commentary or recruitment managing as opposed to behaving like he is the Messiah in waiting for some down on their luck club.
Is that the Same for Ennis, Johns, Thurston, Benji, Anasta and every other media personality who have multiple streams of income through various jobs.