What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's back

Coffs dragon

Bench
they keep moving millwards chair one closer to the door without going through to the other side - job for life it seems
You have to wonder if Millward is still the Director of Pathways, why the club can’t direct him out the path to exit.

He seems to be one of the sole staff members still remaining in the sheltered workshop!
Hopefully the wheels of change are in motion.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Listening to Flano talk league and point things out on FOX was a blessing.
It also dosapointed me he wasn't at the club.
Now this - Sweet soul sounds are stirring my soul

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just curious why do you think that is a pretty good appointment?
I don’t recall anything flash achieved by him when he was here as an assistant coach in fact it was a shit year.

Firstly, he isn't involved in coaching. It also is pushing that chair of Millward closer to the exit door, the last remaining remnant of those lost 7-8 years.
He recruited and retained well when he was at the Sharks, many are playing first grade now, and his appointment is part of a committee, which he won't be solely responsible for any decisions.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Flanno isn't a long term appointment he still wants to coach so if he gets an offer i can see him going, probably brought in to get JBird signed up, i wouldn't mind if he gives Hook a hand still think he has lots to offer as a coach..

ALSGI

Bench
Firstly, he isn't involved in coaching. It also is pushing that chair of Millward closer to the exit door, the last remaining remnant of those lost 7-8 years.
He recruited and retained well when he was at the Sharks, many are playing first grade now, and his appointment is part of a committee, which he won't be solely responsible for any decisions.
Fair enough mate and a couple of good points.

He was responsible for Woods, Dugan, Johnson and Moylan. The four main reasons why our cap has been warped for a few years.
Edit: Mooney had more to do with our great recruitments prior to him leaving to the Knights and Flanno taking full control.
Flanno isn't a long term appointment he still wants to coach so if he gets an offer i can see him going, probably brought in to get JBird signed up, i wouldn't mind if he gives Hook a hand still think he has lots to offer as a coach..
Flanno was the reason that Jack left the Sharks. More likely that they brought Flanno in so Jack will leave.

mickeylane

Bench
Good appointment! Club are making some nice moves … I expect a big signing in 2023 most likely a back rower or front rower

Crush

Coach
Did Flanno buy Dugan off us?
That wasn’t his finest hour if so.

BLM01

First Grade
You have to wonder if Millward is still the Director of Pathways, why the club can’t direct him out the path to exit.

He seems to be one of the sole staff members still remaining in the sheltered workshop!
Hopefully the wheels of change are in motion.
He is there with a title only. To translate he is ensuring the juniors / development lower grade contracts are signed and filed and their transition to the club takes affect overseeing those who do the leg work and finds them.
They will never fire him, his father is seen as a major part of the Steelers club and part of the joint venture

BLM01

First Grade
He was responsible for Woods, Dugan, Johnson and Moylan. The four main reasons why our cap has been warped for a few years.
Edit: Mooney had more to do with our great recruitments prior to him leaving to the Knights and Flanno taking full control.

Flanno was the reason that Jack left the Sharks. More likely that they brought Flanno in so Jack will leave.
The same Flanno that was majorly responsible and who got you your one and only recent premiership. You can bag him now he has left.

Crush

Coach
The same Flanno that was majorly responsible and who got you your one and only recent premiership. You can bag him now he has left.
Did Flanno sign Barba and Ennis? Those two blokes were the difference that year, Ben Barba was unstoppable. I remember watching SGI VS CRO live round 2 at shark park that year. We had Kurt Mann at fullback and he dropped the ball 100 times.
First time I saw Barba chime into a set backline play he scored untouched. He was electric!
One hit wonder though, had one good season.

Gareth67

First Grade
Very surprised that he is back . Still the man is no fool and only good can come from his appointment .

What is Paul Gallen doing these days I wonder ? 🤔