What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's back

Dragon David

First Grade
He would be crazy to take that gig on, Gus did tell Barrett he wasn't a bulldogs boy and there would be no protection (especially from Gus) when the dogs come calling for his head.
Mick Potter is a Bulldogs boy and Bulldogs boys can turn the club around. So I'm thinking Gus will go for Bulldogs boy who that will be I wouldn't have a clue but whoever it is god help him!?

Dragon David

First Grade
So give Dean Pay the job back…?
Dean Pay did a reasonable job before he got the bullet. He couldn't get much done in the way of signing better players because of salary cap problems they had at the Bulldogs but he says
“I’ve always got a soft spot for them. They brought me in as a young guy and you don’t forget that. I spent a lot of time there and I had some good times.”
Again like Barrett he has likely signed a statement restricting him from saying anything about his dismissal and any adverse things about the club.

Gareth67

First Grade
He would be crazy to take that gig on, Gus did tell Barrett he wasn't a bulldogs boy and there would be no protection (especially from Gus) when the dogs come calling for his head.
I have never had much confidence in Freddie as a coach despite his time as the Blues coach .

A team of the best from NSW at his disposal would even make Stevie Wonder a great coach , perhaps more so considering that the man is blind .

However I really don’t see Fittler as the answer to the doggies problems , plus the board seem to be at each other’s throats which is yet another hurdle for the new coach to overcome .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Where is Trent hiding? I'm guessing he has been told to keep his mouth shut and not say anything about his "resignation". Trent was up at Port Macquarie attending a funeral of Shane Millard's father before he spoke to Gus about standing down and of course the club has stated that they would like people to respect Trent's privacy and wish him all the best for the future.

Will Trent give his version of events one day in the gossip section of New Idea or will he just do a disappearing act and keep his trap closed as "requested"? I guess it doesn't matter in the least to us Dragons guys anyway. It is just that it might be a way that our Board could now do the same to Hook if it just takes a short time like it has with Trent to get done.

BLM01

First Grade
False.
Flanno jnr had signed a two year extension with the Sharks, after Snr was suspended by the NRL he (jnr) was coached by Morris but asked for a release whilst he was still signed to the Sharks, and while Morris was coach.
Fair enough I expect a Sharks person to set the record straight

SEAT 1A

Bench
If the Dragons have a plan with Flanno, as head coach it will happen quicker than planned.

He's a quality coach and already here and been involved with the club for some time however, is the time right for the transition and will the club do it.

If he wants to coach us, I like to think the club will work it out.

Dragon David

First Grade
If the Dragons have a plan with Flanno, as head coach it will happen quicker than planned.

He's a quality coach and already here and been involved with the club for some time however, is the time right for the transition and will the club do it.

If he wants to coach us, I like to think the club will work it out.
If the club has had any thought whether a feeble one or a strong one, they need to act now and secure Flanagan's coaching services with so many things happening mainly of course at the Bulldogs. This is if Flanagan wants to coach again and that he wants to at the Dragons.

Out of all that there are available, if we can do a Bulldogs and payout Hooks $300,000 salary for next year and sign Flanagan for say 3 years from 2023 at a decent salary, then we will definitely have something positive to look forward to.

Once the opportunity disappears, we will continue with some doom and gloom if Hook remains and possibly beyond 2023 - who knows what the board members heads will be trying to figure out especially when things get tougher for them to decide.

We need someone with an astute mind and ability to decide the type and quantity of better players we should recruit - he would know as I'm sure he has been working on this at our club.

Please make it happen.

Dragonflies

Juniors
If the club has had any thought whether a feeble one or a strong one, they need to act now and secure Flanagan's coaching services with so many things happening mainly of course at the Bulldogs. This is if Flanagan wants to coach again and that he wants to at the Dragons.

Out of all that there are available, if we can do a Bulldogs and payout Hooks $300,000 salary for next year and sign Flanagan for say 3 years from 2023 at a decent salary, then we will definitely have something positive to look forward to.

Once the opportunity disappears, we will continue with some doom and gloom if Hook remains and possibly beyond 2023 - who knows what the board members heads will be trying to figure out especially when things get tougher for them to decide.

We need someone with an astute mind and ability to decide the type and quantity of better players we should recruit - he would know as I'm sure he has been working on this at our club.

Please make it happen.
hook has had long enough,do it NOW

possm

Coach
Now is the time to hand the head coach job to Flannigan. Give me the chance to arrange the roster to emulate who he wants in his squad.

qld redvee

Juniors
heard on 360 during the week that when flanno was on the coaching staff ALL the players respected his feedback and insight . Obviously flanno gave more info out than our coach. We need to somehow get flanno onto the coaching make him attack or defence coach and assisstant to hook . we need better than gentle and head

Why would Fittler go back to full time coaching - SOO would be enough and he must be getting a decent wage with his media gigs