What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dragon David

First Grade
For my sanity, I'm not
I also think there will be some serious offers and contract negotiations for a few of our elite juniors probably happening right now.

this is a squad $ challenge we have not had for some time........so much so......to get some of them to come to them to the Dragons we had to stagger their contracts into the top30 squad for 2025 at very young ages.

Latu
Halangahu
Tonga
Couchmen x 2
Jett
Meafou
etc

As an example........If Aussie Schoolboy Tonga at 121kg and 196cm keeps progressing at his current rate Gold Coast, Dolphins and Brisbane will go hard for him to head back to QLD.......I mean he could be a 21yr old $700k pa before we know it. He turned 19yrs old in May this year. Tonga and Latu and Halangahu will have a stack of clubs lined up as they their next contracts.

The Roosters have just had to go through the same challenge of keeping the Va'a boys beyond 2026. De La has had a 2 year extension (thru to 2028) on the table since May and I believe hasn't agreed as yet. De La played prop with our Tonga in the Aussie Schoolboys.

Xavier and De La Salle Va’a Contract Extension​

03-28-2024, 04:06 PM

Former Broncos Academy young guns Xavier and De La Salle Va’a are kicking major goals at the Roosters.

The monster duo will stay at Bondi until the end of 2026 after inking two-year extensions with the Roosters, who have big plans for the Towers of Terror they poached from the Broncos in 2021.

At 193cm and 116kg, hulking Xavier, 20, has captained the Queensland under-19s and is being groomed to fill the front-row void when enforcer Jared Waerea-Hargreaves departs at season’s end.

His younger brother De La Salle is scarily bigger at 194cm and 115kg. He was bigger than most NRL forwards as a 15-year-old and has been monstering opponents in the Roosters’ lower grades.

It seems only a matter of time before the Va’a boys, who are also talented boxers, wear Roosters colours in the NRL.
There you go, the Roosters know what they want and they get. These young brothers most probably will end up playing 300 games for the Roosters and be hailed some of the best recruits signed up by the Roosters. These players are what we need big, strong and capable.

Whatever we have and we want to keep will have to be protected from external forces and then developed like no bodies business to become the best. We have got to develop the best juniors we have and make sure the pathways are clear and ready for them to take off into our NRL squad.

56to66

Juniors
Fonda Blake×
Talagi×
Holmes×
Horsburgh👎
Not many want to come here.
I'm sure I've missed a few others.
The issue in have with the NRL(dispise), the day St George start producing there own superstars, clubs like your Rorters and Bullcheats, start to steal our home grown talent, there's no compensation.
The Bullcheats would be nothing without the Panthers junior base!

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Fonda Blake×
Talagi×
Holmes×
Horsburgh👎
Not many want to come here.
I'm sure I've missed a few others.
Horsburgh was coming had the Raider let him go already before the Bulldogs jumped in after they where denied by the nrl they cant sign some prop from the English super league for conduct reasons, If I was any player let alone HorsBurgh I would want to play finals footy
the tide will turn, we have had a lot of bad luck buying players choosing to play for a stronger team who have a ready strong finals team jumping at the last minute, we who are at the moment and we have an extremely set strong Juniors coming through, Lets just hope we dont loose them as well and Build on them, lets face it, we dont have what good players want at the moment .

matPORTS

Juniors
Pretty simple scenario.......
Advise all the three players and their managers
"Our offer will be withdrawn within 48 hours , if not accepted , we need to move on "
Re Holmes , Horsborough and Safiti
Sick n tired of being screwed around by Player Managers and intending players
Re Hunt extension
Make the decision now and cut him loose
The Club will be flooded with prospective half backs looking for an opportunity
Will be surprised who just mite "Knock on the door"

Agreed !

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I also think there will be some serious offers and contract negotiations for a few of our elite juniors probably happening right now.

this is a squad $ challenge we have not had for some time........so much so......to get some of them to come to them to the Dragons we had to stagger their contracts into the top30 squad for 2025 at very young ages.

Latu
Halangahu
Tonga
Couchmen x 2
Jett
Meafou
etc

As an example........If Aussie Schoolboy Tonga at 121kg and 196cm keeps progressing at his current rate Gold Coast, Dolphins and Brisbane will go hard for him to head back to QLD.......I mean he could be a 21yr old $700k pa before we know it. He turned 19yrs old in May this year. Tonga and Latu and Halangahu will have a stack of clubs lined up as they their next contracts.

The Roosters have just had to go through the same challenge of keeping the Va'a boys beyond 2026. De La has had a 2 year extension (thru to 2028) on the table since May and I believe hasn't agreed as yet. De La played prop with our Tonga in the Aussie Schoolboys.

Xavier and De La Salle Va’a Contract Extension​

03-28-2024, 04:06 PM

Former Broncos Academy young guns Xavier and De La Salle Va’a are kicking major goals at the Roosters.

The monster duo will stay at Bondi until the end of 2026 after inking two-year extensions with the Roosters, who have big plans for the Towers of Terror they poached from the Broncos in 2021.

At 193cm and 116kg, hulking Xavier, 20, has captained the Queensland under-19s and is being groomed to fill the front-row void when enforcer Jared Waerea-Hargreaves departs at season’s end.

His younger brother De La Salle is scarily bigger at 194cm and 115kg. He was bigger than most NRL forwards as a 15-year-old and has been monstering opponents in the Roosters’ lower grades.

It seems only a matter of time before the Va’a boys, who are also talented boxers, wear Roosters colours in the NRL.
You do know that Tonga is originally from Sydney (Bankstown) way, only spent a few years in QLD, so that's not a given that he would want to head back there..

Dragon David

First Grade
I F#$%$%# hate strong clubs taking all the cream of week teams, the NRL is disgrace how it is run.
the only way is a player draft like the AFL or NFL
I don't know about the Draft but we do need something to ensure that the better clubs do not always get the cream. Ironically an article on the players draft was written in the Sydney Morning Herald in 2014 by, guess who? The guy who has taken the "cream" players - Gus "get that guy" Gould and here it is if you want to read it.

This part is interesting by Gould -

"Quayle introduced a salary cap and player draft primarily to reward those clubs who developed players.

He wanted to punish clubs with large cheque books who simply raided weaker clubs of higher elite talent. These measures were also designed to control the spiralling cost of player wages."

Anyway, I am sure you guys will add what you think could be the answer.