What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

since77

Juniors
Another moronic post. If you want to bully others, I suggest you stop. You can disagree with others without belittling them to the point they want to leave the discussion board. I've hit a nerve with you since I called you out for your bullying ways. I hope it's made you reflect on your behaviour, otherwise you'll have very few people who want to discuss the dragons with you.
Trust me, you haven’t hit any nerves with me and as someone who has been here way longer than you and has seen the standards on this forum decline recently I stand 100% by my comments.
So click ignore like I’ve just done with you and you’ll be much happier.

justadragon

Bench
Trust me, you haven’t hit any nerves with me and as someone who has been here way longer than you and has seen the standards on this forum decline recently I stand 100% by my comments.
So click ignore like I’ve just done with you and you’ll be much happier.
Guy's is there any chance we might be able to bury the hatchet here and finish the year all on the same page hoping for better times. It would be a loss to this forum if anyone goes or ignores a bunch of people, I really do appreciate both your posts. Think of it as the gift that keeps on giving at xmas :)

Listening to Eisenhuth gave me some comfort

Senior player who has come from good systems

Mature, thoughtful character signing. He will help improve the culture of the club. Wants to play first grade but also help transition juniors.

Also happy with the Sele signing. Hame played very well at Souths. I was sorry to see him leave.

Young Flanno can play. There was a lot of hype around him as a junior. He ultimately didn’t handle the pressure. Appears more mature now.

He will make a good 14 or 6 if required. Has a decent kicking game. Can kick goals.

I am expecting the Coachman’s will improve significantly this year. If one or both of the Manly boys shape up, we will have a young, energetic pack that will with the addition of 1 or 2 quality signings make our pack very competitive.

getsmarty

Immortal

Rival NRL club tables huge four-year contract to lure wantaway Fonua-Blake - report​

Wests Tigers have reportedly tabled a formal offer to sign wantaway forward Addin Fonua-Blake, as the first NRL rival to attempt to sign the NZ Warriors' key man.
Fonua-Blake, 28, has requested a release from the final two years of his contract with the Warriors on compassionate grounds, in order to return to Sydney.
Newshub understands Fonua-Blake and his management met with the Tigers at the end of November. The Daily Telegraph reports Wests will offer the Dally M medal winning prop a four-year contract, worth $1 million per season.
Fonua-Blake has agreed to play out the 2024 season with Andrew Webster's side but what happens after that is still unknown.

The Warriors are understood to have set conditions to see Fonua-Blake released after next season, namely allowing him to only return to a Sydney-based club while also wanting a player in exchange from his new team.
Should the Tigers be the club to lure Fonua-Blake away from Mt Smart, former Warrior Isaiah Papali'I has been linked with a return to Auckland after his first season with Wests in 2023.

Fonua-Blake was also pictured meeting with Canterbury Bulldogs, while St George Illawarra Dragons have made no secret of their interest.
In terms of players to exchange, the Warriors have reportedly drawn up a four-man shortlist of players they would want in return for Fonua-Blake.
New South Wales and Samoa prop Stefano Utoikamanu is another Tigers forward who has reportedly caught the Warriors' eye, while the pair of Viliame Kikau (Bulldogs) and Jaydn Su'a (Dragons) are understood to be targets as well.

Cronulla Sharks are another club that appear to have entered the race for Fonua-Blake, after clearing close to $1 million from their salary cap in recent weeks, with the departures of Connor Tracey and Matt Moylan.
Fonua-Blake is already understood to be the highest paid prop in the NRL.

The Daily Telegraph also reports Fonua-Blake will tour all four prospective clubs in the coming weeks, before any decision over his future is made.

MSN

BIG RIG

Juniors
So as we speak Flanno is after / has offered contracts for 2025 to
- Joseph Manu
- Thomas Dearden
- AFB
- Heilum Luki
- Kulikefu Finefeuiaki

It seems like recruiting for 2024 has hit a brick wall despite us have 3 spots left and potentially 5 spots left by January if Ramsey’s spot is freed as rumoured and Amone gets the sack

For 2025 im praying we land Atleast 2 of those 5 but the little pessimist inside me just always seems to think that in the typical dragon way we will miss out on all 5 and be left with a big big problem.

I even believe that if we miss out on all those players then that can kiss our chances of re - signing Su’a and Suli and B Hunt will be even more intent on pissing off come 2025

Praying that Saint Flanno can pull it off

TheRev

First Grade
So as we speak Flanno is after / has offered contracts for 2025 to
- Joseph Manu
- Thomas Dearden
- AFB
- Heilum Luki
- Kulikefu Finefeuiaki

It seems like recruiting for 2024 has hit a brick wall despite us have 3 spots left and potentially 5 spots left by January if Ramsey’s spot is freed as rumoured and Amone gets the sack

For 2025 im praying we land Atleast 2 of those 5 but the little pessimist inside me just always seems to think that in the typical dragon way we will miss out on all 5 and be left with a big big problem.

I even believe that if we miss out on all those players then that can kiss our chances of re - signing Su’a and Suli and B Hunt will be even more intent on pissing off come 2025

Praying that Saint Flanno can pull it off
appreciate the headsup.. far out this can either kickstart our future or we could end up absolutely in the toilet.. Flannos must be stressed as hell.

The only thing flashy about that centre is his imagination, he thoroughly has ability and capability mixed up, not to mention ego.
It’s all about the state of Jack’s body.

He has suffered many injuries during his career.

Lacks the speed to play Centre, seemed to be constantly exhausted last season which lead to him making many handling mistakes and defensive errors.

If he plays Centre in 2024, it says more about the other Centres in the squad than Jack.

redv13

Bench
It’s all about the state of Jack’s body.

He has suffered many injuries during his career.

Lacks the speed to play Centre, seemed to be constantly exhausted last season which lead to him making many handling mistakes and defensive errors.

If he plays Centre in 2024, it says more about the other Centres in the squad than Jack.
Let’s see how fit he can get under Flanno. Bird was clearly out of shape last year, smashing too many of Hook’s coke no sugar cans. Was clearly a stone overweight and it showed most of the time. I wouldn’t write him off just yet but it’s nearly last chance saloon for Birdy

TheRev

First Grade
Agree, and its also about Lomax @ fullback.. cause if Flanno is firming on that, then we are comparing Bird with a Max or a Matt Feagai or a Tamale (supposedly learning how to read defence still).

Edit: I should say that if Ramsey gets removed from the 30, we will probably hunt some sort of back to replace him.. even if its just a speculator.. cause we need a body.. we might also leave it till early in the season and try to poach someone stuck in reserve grade.