What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
McInness was let go because it is pretty evident McCullough was in the picture to replace him. King Hunt would have approved that seeing he can do whatever he wants at Saints and McCullough being his best mate he obviously rather him than McInnes. Only for King Hunt to then whinge about Saints recruitment last year being rubbish in the pas which included then bringing in his 3 pals Hook, McCullough and McGuire.

Now people going off at Lomax for demanding centre but King Hunt demands 1/2 back and gets away with it. We cannot have him play Hooker. No way, that would create kaos. Then a player copies their capt's poor attitude and they get shafted. Media not once going off that King Hunt only wants to play halfback. I applaud Flanno for putting Lomax at wing as he has been dynamite, if only he can do the same with Hunt at hooker because him at half is has not really made Saints a force.
Great post mate. Unfortunately we are stuck with Hunt at half as there is no better alternative as Flanno clearly didn't believe in Sullivan, at least not yet. Probably due to his inexperience as well as King Benny shitting on anything Bud did

maestro1

Bench
I just read a Fox League article where it reported the resigning of MMolo. The article directly below it was the Roosters resigning Lindsay Collins. Talk about contrast....... The article made it seem like we had just signed a Superstar and the second article seemed very nonchalant about signing one of the form props of the last 2 seasons and current QLD origin and AUS prop.

No matter what we do in recruitment, the better clubs just do it better.

thebigredv

First Grade
Wonder if it was done to ensure they don’t lose F. Molo. We couldn’t afford to lose him, and I guess M. Molo is only extended for 1 year

Maybe but we are talking about the Molo brother not the Johns or Trbojevics.

Freaking sad.

People always on about time, it needs time but these are the little things that make up the time and before you know it we are 3 years down the track with the same calibre of players and nothing but the same results.

Where are the actual signings that give us hope?

Illusion

Bench
Maybe but we are talking about the Molo brother not the Johns or Trbojevics.

Freaking sad.

People always on about time, it needs time but these are the little things that make up the time and before you know it we are 3 years down the track with the same calibre of players and nothing but the same results.

Where are the actual signings that give us hope?
Been like that since 2010 ....... I started a thread way back and it was something like WHERE DO YOU SEE US IN 5 YEARS TIME .......... 5 years later exactly the same .......... How depressing ........

Victoire

Juniors
Can't believe the announcement didn't include his game in the green & gold of the PM's XIII, which is a thing that actually happened. Missed opportunity to dress up the mutton a little

sloanmolo-230922_akd_8911.jpg

We couldn’t afford to lose him,
Yes we could. He is not elite status, far from it. He has lacked heart , consistency since coming here. Has wasted his size too often. But to be honest he has started this season with more intent. Is stronger in attack and defense and actually looks like he wants to be on the field. Keep it up big fellar now we have you for two more years.

Last edited:
Wonder if it was done to ensure they don’t lose F. Molo. We couldn’t afford to lose him, and I guess M. Molo is only extended for 1 year
Don't think so. Frank signed his contract first.

But it doesn't hurt to have brotherly camaraderie in the team. Speaking of that, we have 2x Molo, 2x Couchman, 2x Fegai, 2x Finau in the squad. Add to that a father and son combo and we are surely winning the "Family club" trophy.

Last edited:

offiah

Juniors
Yes we could. He is not elite status, far from it. He has lacked heart , consistency since coming here. Has wasted his size too often. But to be honest he has started this season with more intent. Is stronger in attack and defense and actually looks like he wants to be on the field. Keep it up big fellar now we have you for two more years.
Agreed on him not being elite and needing to do better, but he’s one of the better props we have unfortunately. We can only afford to lose him if we can replace him with someone better.

Thats not looking likely for 25, as there’s not much out there at all.

justadragon

Bench
You know in 2023 I heard their wasnt much about and whatever was we missed out on for 2024, now I'm hearing we will be really cashed up but there doesn't seem to be much for 2025. So I'm wondering do we start talking about 2026, 27, 28 maybe 29. Mark my words if we are not sorted very soon we will be right royally f%$ked when the new team enters the comp, with exemptions and cash splash.

thebigredv

First Grade
These recommitments to so-so players are fine if the actual skeleton of a great rugby league side is there. We are very good at signing the rubbery bits; the tendons, the cartilage and occasionally the fat. These players are just happy to be in the NRL and it’s questionable whether they have any ambitions outside that.

Conversely, if you are Parra, for the right price, you’ve just added a powerful centre to go with an already formidable backline including Moses, Brown, Gutherson, Penisini, Sivo… That’s decent. You can start talking about premierships when you have that line up.

Snapped him up, deal done. Another club that makes us look second rate in the management facet of the game.

Realise our backdrop is that of a rebuild but the uncertainty of our backline by contrast is night and day. The Hunt / Kyle combo is looking all too inconsistent, the coach is not sold on Sloan or Rava, Bird is on his slow demise out and Suli is also a divisive pick going by this forum alone. That’s quite a cloud over the aspect of our team that is probably even of a less of concern than the forwards.

I hope Shane knows what he is doing.
Lomax was on too much, way too much for too long. I am not at critical of the coach letting him go but it leaves us with a huge gap nonetheless.
I’d say it would be timely if Flano could announce some of his major recruits in the next little while. I guess that’s all I am saying. We bloody well deserve in on this rebuild.

Illusion

Bench
These recommitments to so-so players are fine if the actual skeleton of a great rugby league side is there. We are very good at signing the rubbery bits; the tendons, the cartilage and occasionally the fat. These players are just happy to be in the NRL and it’s questionable whether they have any ambitions outside that.

Conversely, if you are Parra, for the right price, you’ve just added a powerful centre to go with an already formidable backline including Moses, Brown, Gutherson, Penisini, Sivo… That’s decent. You can start talking about premierships when you have that line up.

Snapped him up, deal done. Another club that makes us look second rate in the management facet of the game.

Realise our backdrop is that of a rebuild but the uncertainty of our backline by contrast is night and day. The Hunt / Kyle combo is looking all too inconsistent, the coach is not sold on Sloan or Rava, Bird is on his slow demise out and Suli is also a divisive pick going by this forum alone. That’s quite a cloud over the aspect of our team that is probably even of a less of concern than the forwards.

I hope Shane knows what he is doing.
Lomax was on too much, way too much for too long. I am not at critical of the coach letting him go but it leaves us with a huge gap nonetheless.
I’d say it would be timely if Flano could announce some of his major recruits in the next little while. I guess that’s all I am saying. We bloody well deserve in on this rebuild.
The big question is we have the money , but the big BUT ......... WHO IS COMING ? We need to pay for one superstar of the game a game changer , someone that can go the full length of the field with speed ......... A proper smart 7 that can close out a game , that can get repeat sets , pin the opposition down on their line , which we don't have ............ then a big mobile pack that can average 100m a game and gets of the ground quickly and plays the ball ......... Something we dont have .......... A backline full of speed , that we don't have ......... So we are F**KED .......... And the question is where do these player come from and will they come here ......... ?

thebigredv

First Grade
That old expression 'beggars cant afford to be choosy' would usually sum up us. But not the case at the moment as BOD says we have $3m in the war chest to chase quality players. Yet we still cant afford to be choosy. What a debacle for a once famous club.
For so long we'd dream of getting some decent players in it was "that's great but we don't have the cap space". Now we have more cap than any other but it is "there's no players out there" or some other excuse.

Legitimately don't blame coaches for this. Even Griffin targetted a bunch of good players. It comes back to the club owners who have no interest in giving players incentives to come be a Dragon.

It is indeed a debacle.
Are there any other Molos we can sign?...

Dragon David

First Grade
The big question is we have the money , but the big BUT ......... WHO IS COMING ? We need to pay for one superstar of the game a game changer , someone that can go the full length of the field with speed ......... A proper smart 7 that can close out a game , that can get repeat sets , pin the opposition down on their line , which we don't have ............ then a big mobile pack that can average 100m a game and gets of the ground quickly and plays the ball ......... Something we dont have .......... A backline full of speed , that we don't have ......... So we are F**KED .......... And the question is where do these player come from and will they come here ......... ?
Lots of ????? Illusion. Justadragon mentioned that we need to act fast with recruiting players because time is running out - Several older guys retiring and need replacing, other clubs chopping and changing personnel as well, then there is the proposed 18th team coming in. But in saying all of this, Flanno and his guys most probably have started the ball rolling with recruitment/retrenchment but maybe finding it hard to sign anyone of significance because they don't want to come to the club and Flanno only wants players wanting to be at the club.

It makes it harder when a guy like Lomax says he doesn't want to be at the Dragons and Flanno has broadcast this in some of his latest interviews. He says that Lomax wants out but Hunt wants to stay, so would this then be of help for recruitment? More questions sorry.

Latest posts