What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Gareth67

First Grade
I think that's the point of Lodge, he is ready now, 2 year deal gives our young guys like Tonga etc time to develop and not rushed and given the burden to be our pack leader, you need a Lodge type to take the battering and help the kids come through, look how JWH takes and gives out the punishment and makes it easier for Terrell May then to come on..
Yes , you are correct Ayios . I was looking or perhaps hoping for a good young prop do to just that .

However that young man simply would not possess the experience that Lodge has , he would need to be groomed into a experienced forward and that takes time .

As they say - you cannot put an old head on young shoulders .

Mojo

Bench
Yes , you are correct Ayios . I was looking or perhaps hoping for a good young prop do to just that .

However that young man simply would not possess the experience that Lodge has , he would need to be groomed into a experienced forward and that takes time .

As they say - you cannot put an old head on young shoulders .
To be fair, if you put Lodge's head on anybody else's shoulders, you'd expect the transplant to be rejected.

Daptodragon

Juniors
What on earth is Flanno thinking, we'll have the oldest team in the comp if he signs Lodge what with, Cook, Hunt and De Belin a definite no from me. Surely we can get a decent younger forward than him, what do people think of going after Taylan May if he becomes available he is a good player and we need a centre, I know he would come with baggage but that didn't stop them signing Packer a few years ago.

Phantom V

Juniors
It just goes to show how important a good forward pack is to allow a halfback to shine. In our case I’m not sure it would make much difference at all.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
It just goes to show how important a good forward pack is to allow a halfback to shine. In our case I’m not sure it would make much difference at all.
He would make a huge difference even with our pack, for one his short kicking game is on point, doesn't get flustered when he is in the 10m line, is a better game manager, doesn't run around like a chook with its head cut off and can kick field goals.

TheRev

First Grade
Walker is worth $1.5 million a year for 6 years easily he is no Hunt.
thats what we would pay for him, roosters are offering 900k... I reckon the dogs might contemplate it also.

What pis$es me off though on these nrl shows (anasta is a classic for it).. that players should "take a haircut" to sign with a big name club.. 600k p.a. is not a haircut ffs! The whole thing is such a scam.. 50-100k is a haircut, but 200k-300k-400k etc.. these are not haircuts..

twinkletoes

Juniors
I understand what Flano is doing by getting together an experienced, hard nosed bunch of forwards for a couple of years so that he can then blood some of our younger talent without throwing them into the deep end.

some of these signings may not be inspiring to us uand we might call them dads army but I understand the rational looking to the future

Trifili13

Juniors
thats what we would pay for him, roosters are offering 900k... I reckon the dogs might contemplate it also.

What pis$es me off though on these nrl shows (anasta is a classic for it).. that players should "take a haircut" to sign with a big name club.. 600k p.a. is not a haircut ffs! The whole thing is such a scam.. 50-100k is a haircut, but 200k-300k-400k etc.. these are not haircuts..
In this instance it would be shaving it all off and going bald

TheRev

First Grade
I understand what Flano is doing by getting together an experienced, hard nosed bunch of forwards for a couple of years so that he can then blood some of our younger talent without throwing them into the deep end.

some of these signings may not be inspiring to us uand we might call them dads army but I understand the rational looking to the future
100% its not the quickest route, and its the more most exciting route.. but its a route that gets us closer to being a more consistent Top8 team.. they are also mostly short contracts.. to keep players hungry and to keep the roster fluid so he can look to make some better signings next year etc.

It's been strange watching these forums this year (right from Round 1 against the Titans), every time we win a game, fans get incredibly over-confident, then when we lose they go into a death-spiral.. last weekend was a classic example, up against basically 17 rep players including 4 props far better than anything in our squad... and we were still there are 55mins.. a minor miracle... but all that was taken out were the negatives.

TL;DR.. Expectations are way too high with the state our club has been in over many years.. this year has been so much better than any of us hoped (even if we go on to lose most of the remaining games). Our path out of this deep hole (if indeed we get out), is a very gentle slope.. with expected bumps along the way.

Latest posts