What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

since77

Juniors
Word that I have heard is that the club is in talks with 4 players currently all well known talks

Valentine Holmes
Daniel Saifiti
Reagan Campbell - Gillard
Corey Horsburgh

Daniel Saifiti is a done deal
Horsburgh also very likely
Val Holmes a very very good chance
RCG still in the discussion stages
Our forward pack looks a lot different if these things happen. Still not the cream of the crop but no doubt its better than this year.
Warming to the Horsburgh rumour. Wasn't keen at first but it seems like he really wants a fresh start.
I just hope Flanno keeps room for the Couchmans. They're keepers IMO.

TheRev

First Grade
night.................he rates Tom E so highly

It would make sense we offer another year if we have a spot.
I am sure he has thought about it, but if hes seriously going to buy 2 big name props.. he has to let Tom go.. as it is he's going to end up with 5 big name props (Jack, Frank, Daniel, Corey, Hame) + 2 couchmans + MMolo + Lawrie, if there is an emergency he has Tonga or perhaps Fifita off the bench.

If he wants to keep the couchies I think its time to make them part of the top squad, I reckon they can do exactly what Tom does only with much younger legs.. its just that they arent experienced and Flanno will want to make a dent next year.... but he is bringing in 2 experienced heads too...

But the reality is there arent enough spots for buying 2 props and keeping Tom.. we would have no depth coverage in another position.

Who will the above players replace
Val Holmes for Lomax is one I can think of.
Daniel Saifii - ?
Horsbough - ?
RCG for Lawrie
Daniel Saifiti in for Ben Murdoch-Masila and shift Francis Molo to the bench.
Horsburgh in for Eisenhuth and move Eisenhuth to reserves or sell.

If we can sell Murdoch-Masila, Lawrie and Eisenhuth we should have the capability to afford all those players we are after.

Cook, Daniel Saifiti, Horsburgh, Campbell-Gillard and Val Holmes would great signings in a year. They are basically all starters in our team.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Without Eisenhuth cleaning up after our defensive flaws we are nowhere near the top 8. Can't believe so many are keen to dump him for 2025. And for an emotionally unstable reserve grader!?

Agree on Eisenhuth. Completely disagree on the Horsburgh take. If we called every player who played reserve grade at some stage a "reserve grader" then we would have no first graders.

He's a quality player who needs a change of environment. He's in reserve grade because he's returning from injury and needs match fitness. Yes, he's struggling with some mental health issues... But so was Angus Crichton, and look at where he's at now.

TheRev

First Grade
We just cant keep Eisenhuth if we are buying 2 experienced props.. even without him we will have 5 big name props + 2 couchmans + lawrie/fifita/mmolo.

The couchmans are ready, massive motors and nearly perfect tackling records.. ideal to play that role Tom does only on much younger legs.... I dont know if Flanno is ready for 1 to be our starting 13.. or if he would give it to Jack or Sele etc..

I'm hearing u guys.... but we cant buy 2 props and keep Eisenhuth.. a) we will struggle to extend the couchies if we are signing 3 blokes in front of them and b) we are missing depth in other positions, particularly halves.

st.phil

Bench
Daniel Saifiti no1 - pushes a current starting prop to bench as we have 3 spots still available to recruit in to our top30

Holmes no2 for Lomax

Corey Horsburgh no3 for eisenhuth

A new half would mean release another player?

outside chance
RCG for Lawrie or Fafita if released.

FMolo, cook, Dsaf
Luc, Sua
Horsburgh

Bench:
Sele
JDB
Couchman T
Lids or RFM
I can’t see Molo holding a position in the 17 let alone starting if we get two new middles and Couchmans / Tonga continue to progress

TheRev

First Grade
I can’t see Molo holding a position in the 17 let alone starting if we get two new middles and Couchmans / Tonga continue to progress
'If' we do land 2 props and they actually perform next year.. and we keep 2 couchies.. then for sure I reckon we might try to move both Molos on next year, clearing 2 valuable spots in the 30.. but a few things need to happen first.

Agree on Eisenhuth. Completely disagree on the Horsburgh take. If we called every player who played reserve grade at some stage a "reserve grader" then we would have no first graders.

He's a quality player who needs a change of environment. He's in reserve grade because he's returning from injury and needs match fitness. Yes, he's struggling with some mental health issues... But so was Angus Crichton, and look at where he's at now.
With injuries and mental issues that is called a gamble, and they need to come cheap.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Daniel Saifiti no1 - pushes a current starting prop to bench as we have 3 spots still available to recruit in to our top30

Holmes no2 for Lomax

Corey Horsburgh no3 for eisenhuth

A new half would mean release another player?

outside chance
RCG for Lawrie or Fafita if released.

FMolo, cook, Dsaf
Luc, Sua
Horsburgh

Bench:
Sele
JDB
Couchman T
Lids or RFM

I like Hors, but Huth is our glue in 13. Rarely misses his tasks and is always alive and in position on any play.

Be a nice problem to have

I also don't believe Cook starts at 9. Bench.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

Another big Hors from the Raiders scrap heap.

Worked out ok last time around.

Horsburgh is a very good player.

To suggest offing Huth, who will get players player this year is straight up ridiculous though.

Latest posts