What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
We just cant keep Eisenhuth if we are buying 2 experienced props.. even without him we will have 5 big name props + 2 couchmans + lawrie/fifita/mmolo.

The couchmans are ready, massive motors and nearly perfect tackling records.. ideal to play that role Tom does only on much younger legs.... I dont know if Flanno is ready for 1 to be our starting 13.. or if he would give it to Jack or Sele etc..

I'm hearing u guys.... but we cant buy 2 props and keep Eisenhuth.. a) we will struggle to extend the couchies if we are signing 3 blokes in front of them and b) we are missing depth in other positions, particularly halves.

Cheers Rev. Agree on Couchies. But they're still very green. Another year watching and learning from a true pro is what I'm thinking. Won't hurt them.

MMolo I would keep for depth over Lawrie and Fifita.

TheRev

First Grade
Obviously one of those signings relys on the ability to offload Blake Lawrie
Fifita would be much easier to offload than Blake youd think if space is the issue.. depends how much of Blakes contract we are willing to absorb for 2 more years.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
It would be

Holmes for Lomax
D - SAF for Lawrie
RCG for BMM
Horsburgh for Eisenhuth ( who will move back to the reserves )

so Holmes and Lomax $ similar

D Saf for Lawrie if guessing Newcastle would have to chip in $200k pa to make it even in 2025 and Lawrie has to move on? 2026 we would be short maybe $200k pa plus ie DSAF on more in 2026 than Lawrie.

RCG for BMM that would be easily $400k pa between their contracts

Horsburgh vs TomE another $350kpa we would have to find as the difference in contracts

so total we would need another $750k pa in 2025 minimum to bring in those 4 players

I likey !!!!

they are major adjustments to improve our squad

redv13

Bench
It would be

Holmes for Lomax
D - SAF for Lawrie
RCG for BMM
Horsburgh for Eisenhuth ( who will move back to the reserves )
Sorry but you can’t justify Horsburgh for Einsenhuth. He has been way above average this year and does a lot of big things that go unnoticed cause he isn’t a superstar. Him and JDB are our 2 best defenders in the pack by a country mile. I’d be pissing off M Molo way before Eisenhuth if your looking to free up a spot in the top 30

TheRev

First Grade
I dont think we would buy 3 props, not unless were offloading someone we dont know about... we will chase them though because we might end up with 0, 1 or 2 in the process.

There is a little bit of a question in how serious the Couchmans are to our year also..

Even though the quality of the pack is crucial, its not the only thing.... the depth on the backline has to be addressed.. we are 1 or 2 injuries away from the season being toast.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
If we were always bringing in a big bopper

if we might leg go Lawrie and Fafita

thats 3 middles

I thought Corey pretty much always played 13 ?

JDB is now a prop - mostly

I do equally like TomE

he had made a significant difference to our mopping up defence.

he can’t do a hit up to save his life and vs the Storm JDB played his old role of no13 and passed out the back to his halves

I just look at Tom E and I see a body struggling a bit to sign on for say a two year contract

but Corey at his best is a 3 yr contract hands down to play lock - at his best !

if he came our way and given we are struggling to attract middle forwards > I think he trumps TomE when comparing the next few years for each and what might be

maybe the Vaughan / Weyman type signing to re kindle the fire and focus

coastiedragon

Juniors
Sorry but you can’t justify Horsburgh for Einsenhuth. He has been way above average this year and does a lot of big things that go unnoticed cause he isn’t a superstar. Him and JDB are our 2 best defenders in the pack by a country mile. I’d be pissing off M Molo way before Eisenhuth if your looking to free up a spot in the top 30