What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

justadragon

Bench
I don't know about the Draft but we do need something to ensure that the better clubs do not always get the cream. Ironically an article on the players draft was written in the Sydney Morning Herald in 2014 by, guess who? The guy who has taken the "cream" players - Gus "get that guy" Gould and here it is if you want to read it.

This part is interesting by Gould -

"Quayle introduced a salary cap and player draft primarily to reward those clubs who developed players.

He wanted to punish clubs with large cheque books who simply raided weaker clubs of higher elite talent. These measures were also designed to control the spiralling cost of player wages."

Anyway, I am sure you guys will add what you think could be the answer.
Good read that one Dave, especially the part where "the business cant be strong if the opposition is not strong, and nothing empties out a stadium like a continuous losing team". I'm sure with the great minds working at NRL HQ they can come up with a modified draft system that would work in the NRL. I mean how sad is it that you can pick the top 4 just about every year.