What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

justadragon

Bench
I don't know about the Draft but we do need something to ensure that the better clubs do not always get the cream. Ironically an article on the players draft was written in the Sydney Morning Herald in 2014 by, guess who? The guy who has taken the "cream" players - Gus "get that guy" Gould and here it is if you want to read it.

This part is interesting by Gould -

"Quayle introduced a salary cap and player draft primarily to reward those clubs who developed players.

He wanted to punish clubs with large cheque books who simply raided weaker clubs of higher elite talent. These measures were also designed to control the spiralling cost of player wages."

Anyway, I am sure you guys will add what you think could be the answer.
Good read that one Dave, especially the part where "the business cant be strong if the opposition is not strong, and nothing empties out a stadium like a continuous losing team". I'm sure with the great minds working at NRL HQ they can come up with a modified draft system that would work in the NRL. I mean how sad is it that you can pick the top 4 just about every year.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Good read that one Dave, especially the part where "the business cant be strong if the opposition is not strong, and nothing empties out a stadium like a continuous losing team". I'm sure with the great minds working at NRL HQ they can come up with a modified draft system that would work in the NRL. I mean how sad is it that you can pick the top 4 just about every year.
I don't know when that article was written by the fat fool, but now that he has acquired a wealthy hotel sugar daddy, the rules don't apply to the mangy dogs anymore.
The fact that there are multiple lopsided scores every week, not just for the Dragons should be enough to justify some sort of changes to level the playing field.
Unfortunately the saying "money speaks all languages" especially applies in the NRL.
The situation is I very rarely watch any game now except the Dragons and I wouldn't waste my hard earned going to watch the crap being severed up

justadragon

Bench
I don't know when that article was written by the fat fool, but now that he has acquired a wealthy hotel sugar daddy, the rules don't apply to the mangy dogs anymore.
The fact that there are multiple lopsided scores every week, not just for the Dragons should be enough to justify some sort of changes to level the playing field.
Unfortunately the saying "money speaks all languages" especially applies in the NRL.
Totally agree, KK, I think the article was around 2014.

Draginzaaar

Bench
The situation is I very rarely watch any game now except the Dragons and I wouldn't waste my hard earned going to watch the crap being severed up
There are also Golden Point games. Crowds are up and ratings are up. So what do you do? I watch every game and enjoy most of them.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
There are also Golden Point games. Crowds are up and ratings are up. So what do you do? I watch every game and enjoy most of them.
More blowouts than golden point games though, In my humble opinion the golden point games seem to be engineered anyway, after all the broadcasters love them.
Maybe I'm just a dinosaur living in the past, but to me the game has been barstardised beyond belief under the current hierarchy. More gambling sponsorship, rule changes that enable suspect rulings for game management without accountability or explanation. Favoured teams and paupers, crap commentating.
I'm not for all out thuggery but even the rulings on illegal play seem to favour some glamour teams, who incidently the current crop of crap commentators once played for. So yeah, I love watching the Dragons win,lose or draw but most other teams I couldn't be bothered.

possm

Coach
Cheers Rev. Agree on Couchies. But they're still very green. Another year watching and learning from a true pro is what I'm thinking. Won't hurt them.

MMolo I would keep for depth over Lawrie and Fifita.
With a full pre-season under his belt this time round, I think Fifita will come good. He has the size and just needs the fitness and mentil desire to do his best.

possm

Coach
Cook and Holmes are 2 quality signings. Plenty of speed and experience, hopefully flanno can get the big boppers we desperately need.
Yes, I'm tipping that Flanno will land Siafiti and Campbell-Guilarda I'm also hoping he lands Horsborough from the Raiders. All the rest can come from our existing squad:

1. Allen/Sloan
2. Matt Feagai
3. Sulli

4. Holmes
5. Tuipulotu
6. Flannagan
7. Hunt
RCG
9. Cook
10. Siafiti
11. Leilua
12. Su'A