What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

musso

Juniors
Supposedly RCG has made his decision and it’s between us and Cows

personally I believe the fact that he recently moved to Camden a couple months ago puts us in poll position

from what I’ve heard Bulldogs can’t match the offers but you never know with those grubs
There was a report that the Cowboys offered a 2 year deal

Gareth67

First Grade
Travelling to the far North on a weekly basis would eventually take a toll on any player , perhaps mores so one whom is in the twilight of his career ( not suggesting that he will not be a good buy ) but it would be far closer for the man down at the ‘gong - I hear you folks have picture theatres down that way now ?

jak

Bench
Travelling to the far North on a weekly basis would eventually take a toll on any player , perhaps mores so one whom is in the twilight of his career ( not suggesting that he will not be a good buy ) but it would be far closer for the man down at the ‘gong - I hear you folks have picture theatres down that way now ?
be patient you will get your picture theatre one day

True_Believer

Juniors
I'd actually prefer one or both of CH or DS. They are younger and we're likely to get more out of them in the long term assuming Flanno can get them performing at their best. I just don't see RCG being able to perform for too much longer.

redVinme

Bench
I'd actually prefer one or both of CH or DS. They are younger and we're likely to get more out of them in the long term assuming Flanno can get them performing at their best. I just don't see RCG being able to perform for too much longer.
He just has to play well enough until Loko is ready.

I was of your opinion too at first but given both CH and DS are younger they probably will want another large contract after this one where as RCG maybe not. Given the forwards we have coming through I can see why RCG might be a better stop gap.

TheRev

Coach
It could well be that the Dogs have RCG.. but for sake of argument lets say we got him... these short 1-2yr contracts are really nice for keeping the older blokes hungry to keep training hard, plus keeping that roster fluid so Flanno can stay in the recruitment game year on year.. you never know if things start going well maybe we can go after a higher calibre of player next year or the year after..

Loko should be a regular part of the Top 17 in 2yrs, but we probably will always need 3-4 props + Couchmans, i.e. 5-6 middles in that starting 17, not including the blokes who are in NSW Cup for injury cover. The other SG boys behind Tonga I think are all ~18yrs old.. they are likely the injury cover by that time.

Latest posts