What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

denis preston

First Grade
Tedesco has 1 year left at the Roosters and looking for an extension.

According to the idiots on NRL 360 Easts maybe offering him 1 year extra and then revisit it after that.

Should we shake that tree and offer him 3 years starting 2025?
The experience box is now full & we must be careful that our squad is not full of very expensive former great players on the drastic Downslide.

Parko1310

Juniors
For some reason we only sign older players who are not wanted by their current clubs, apart from Holmes I am not impressed by our signings, we will have the oldest team in the NRL next year.
You forget how many young guys are coming into the top 30 next year.. plus the year after and the year after that... the average age of the squad will be completely fine.

Dragon David

First Grade
I am wondering if Flanno had any thoughts of signing Royce Hunt from the Sharks. There wasn't much hullabaloo on him being surplus to requirements by the Sharks,I don't think, but he looks like signing up with the Tigers.

He is a powerful front rower, the type of which to me would have been handy for us instead of Lawrie. Again, by crikey - who is our recruitment and retrenchment guy? Has he turned into a Rip van Winkle and fallen asleep for the next 20 years?

be55

Juniors
Flanno may be signing a few mature players, but they look like young superstars compared to the likes of McCullogh and McGuire. What gems they were... Hook and the old boys club did a number on us.

Ah yes... I remember those days when people were posting that signing a 31 year old who was universally recognised as the world's slowest dummy half, who was coming off of a complete hamstring tear, was somehow an inspired signing.

Griffin was an absolute moron...

be55

Juniors
How could you call the guy who signed McCullough, McGuire, Burgess, Woods etc a moron?
The correct terminology is f&%king moron.
And the people who hired him as a coach were gigantic f&#king morons.

mood GIF

qld redvee

Juniors
I am wondering if Flanno had any thoughts of signing Royce Hunt from the Sharks. There wasn't much hullabaloo on him being surplus to requirements by the Sharks,I don't think, but he looks like signing up with the Tigers.

He is a powerful front rower, the type of which to me would have been handy for us instead of Lawrie. Again, by crikey - who is our recruitment and retrenchment guy? Has he turned into a Rip van Winkle and fallen asleep for the next 20 years?
Dragon Dave,
Hunt would be a bloody handy pick up and would be an ideal prop rotation off the bench. Would give a lot of power and better than Laurie rfm, also cheaper than horsborougj

Dragons4me

Juniors
On another matter, I'm watching the Cowboys Storm game and 18 minutes in it's Cowboys 12-6. So far it's a pretty good game but the highlight for mine are Holnes kicking stats. According to Voss and Ennis (with the silent "P") his overall 2024 season stats are 81 from 98 at 83% Sideline stats are 14 from 17 from the right and 7 from 9 from the left. He's playing his 200th game tonight as well.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragon Dave,
Hunt would be a bloody handy pick up and would be an ideal prop rotation off the bench. Would give a lot of power and better than Laurie rfm, also cheaper than horsborougj
Exactly qld redvee! I am at a loss!!?? Flanno has been after big boppers and now it looks like one has fallen through the cracks and is heading to the Tigers without any other club making noises. Is he not that good? Would he not fit our culture? I just think that he is a far better proposition than several of the guys we have and I'm sure that Flanno could have done wonders with him. R Hunt reminds me of a strong Andrew Fifita. We need a guy like him.

Is it too late?

Latest posts