What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Eion

First Grade
Yep, Hunt is a bench forward and we already have too many of them.

Actually, I think that's our biggest problem, we have too many bench standard forwards and not enough starting quality forwards. If we are fair dinkum, Su'a is our only starting quality forward. JDB used to be but with old legs he is better suited to the bench. Same with Eisenhuth. The Couchmen will be in the starting lineup at some point and I hope it is next year because we will need them. Of the others, Molo, Sele, Luciano are better suited to coming off the bench and BMM, RFM & Lawrie are better suited to ressies, but I guess could provide backup as benchies if needed.

Some of those youngsters coming through will be champions but are probably 2-3 years away, if we can manage to hang on to them.

That's why RCG is so important, and IMO we need one more starting quality front rower until the youngsters can step up.
Royce could potentially start, but just hasn’t developed the motor to do that yet, as BBB said, maybe down to many injuries.
He’s a good player and a good human and on his day can have a game changing spell.
Issue is, at 29, the clock is ticking for Royce to be something more than a cameo. If you don’t have a good motor at 29, chances are you aren’t ever going to have one and you’re going to remain a short stint player. Valuable yes, but with RCG only 2 years older, I’d be going for him.

denis preston

First Grade
Royce could potentially start, but just hasn’t developed the motor to do that yet, as BBB said, maybe down to many injuries.
He’s a good player and a good human and on his day can have a game changing spell.
Issue is, at 29, the clock is ticking for Royce to be something more than a cameo. If you don’t have a good motor at 29, chances are you aren’t ever going to have one and you’re going to remain a short stint player. Valuable yes, but with RCG only 2 years older, I’d be going for him.
Thanks Eion , this confirms my thoughts on if you really want an appraisal on a players ability don’t listen to media hype, ask the supporters who are invested & watch every Game.
for us, the media hype on Ben Hunt is sickening. Ask Dragons fans and they will tell you good player but not necessarily what we need from a 7 and certainly not worth his pay packet.